[GUIDE] AT&T Galaxy S II Unlock Steps

Search This thread

illmac

Feb 21, 2011
out of curiosity, how exactly does that app work? was STUPID easy unlocking the phone lol

SkyDragon8

May 11, 2011
Houston
gotit to work

Sky, do you have the AT&T Galaxy S2 or the international version?

Entropism, I have an ATT SGII i777. All my prolem is fix now. I belive the oc kernel was for i1900( int'l one). I reflash cwm kernal with Odin3 and everything is fine again. :D

Than I ran unlock and it work!!!! Show unlock using phone pad!!! Thanks

Also now install Setcpu and still OC to 1200???

Has anyone tried CM7?? Please point me in the right direction, thanks

---------- Post added at 04:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 AM ----------

Mine is not complete muted like yours but ppl are troubling to hear me. I can hear them so well. Not sure how to fix this

Sweet, I flash back to CWM kernal ( from first post) and fix problem.

---------- Post added at 04:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 AM ----------

out of curiosity, how exactly does that app work? was STUPID easy unlocking the phone lol

illmac, what app r u refering?

Last edited:

pb1866

Jun 25, 2008
The app probably uses the well known nv_data.bin mod. In nv_data.bin there are 5 bytes that describe the various locks a phone will have. One of these locks is the network lock. By merely changing a single byte in this file from a 01 to a 00 the phone is left in an unlocked state. I didn't use the app but modded the nv_data.bin directly using a hex editor and copied it back.

gqonmars

Oct 6, 2011
Called AT&T and spoke to everyone and was told that my phone was too new and can't even find any code to unlock it. I wasted 2 hours with them. So, when I follow the root guide and this EASY unlock guide, I am able to use my China sim, UK sim.. Thank you for the guide.

Onething to note is that the unlock app tells me that it failed, it can't access something, so I tried it again, same error. I rebooted and try the *# key combo to check, and it was unlockeD.... Try putting in foreign sims, and not issues...

kdoodle

Mar 12, 2011
Just out of curiosity. If I factory reset the phone, will the unlock still be on the phone or is this sort of like the iPhone in terms of unlock only when jailbroken?

samsungcaptivates

Sep 19, 2010
Clewiston
Cant get this to work for me for some reason its telling me my busybox is jacked up or not installed

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

ok nevermind im an ediot apparently i didint have busybox installed i installed it and all is well with the universe again

alanmw

Feb 26, 2011
Holly Springs, NC
Got a situation I don't quite understand and am hoping someone can help. I ran the unlock app by Helroz following the steps outlined in the OP of this forum. When I input *#7465625# all locks are now set to [off]. However, when I insert a foreign SIM and boot the phone, I get a screen asking for the PIN to unlock the phone which seems to indicate that it is still locked.
Any ideas why this is happening and how to resolve it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. Root your GS2 with the method on this page
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1285894
    2. Go to market and search for "Galaxy S Unlock", the author is "Helroz".
    3. Run the app from step 2. Go to "Unlock SGSII" tab on the top of the screen.
    4. Tap on the first item:"Step 1 Backup files...."
    5. Tap on the second item:"Step 2 Change lock-bytes", and wait until your phone restarts.
    6.Bingo, your phone is sim unlocked after the reboot.:D
    1. Root your GS2 with the method on this page
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1285894
    2. Go to market and search for "Galaxy S Unlock", the author is "Helroz".
    3. Run the app from step 2. Go to "Unlock SGSII" tab on the top of the screen.
    4. Tap on the first item:"Step 1 Backup files...."
    5. Tap on the second item:"Step 2 Change lock-bytes", and wait until your phone restarts.
    6.Bingo, your phone is sim unlocked after the reboot.:D

Went and confirmed it does actually work here is my screenshot showing it.

10611cp.png
    oh wow! THANK YOU FOR THIS! wooooooooooooooot!!

edit: how do you check if you're unlocked or not? (like the picture from above)

*#7465625#
    For me its saying that Galaxy S Unlock is not responding and if I want to wait or force close the application.

Any help will be appreciated?

Thanks

I don't know about that, but did you try GalaxSim Unlock? Download free version from here.
    Well any help is appreciated. I just bought this device for a friend of mine abroad. This unlock process does not work anymore. Any other ways to unlock it?

Look at this post and see if it helps.