[How To]Fix Recovery Bootloop after installing twrp and 2nd bootloader

Search This thread

sterlingy

Oct 18, 2010
Instead of running "fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product", maybe try "fastboot -i 0x1949 erase boot" that should completely erase the boot image that is causing the malfunction, and if anything kick it straight into fastboot when it reboots. I don't usually use the erase command in fastboot so I am putting a disclaimer, *if you happen to mess it up, then its not my fault*
But if you type it correctly nothing bad should happen. You could also try flashing the boot partition as the initial command as well from a backup.

Well, It did something, but probably not what was intended.

Now the Kindle boots to the kindle Logo, but no longer goes into a boot loop. Also, I get what looks like a row of TINY text along the edge of the screen, but it is too small to read it.

I spoke too soon. After a few minutes, it went back into it's loop, and I never saw it in fastboot mode.

-Sterling

Last edited:

bamsemh

Jan 26, 2012
twrp bootloop after unlock

so i got stuck on bootloop with twrp right after unlock.

i can lock and unlock but nothing else. and i get no twrp terminal or any of that fine stuff, so plz help.

its the nexus 7 2013 wifi edition. i got boot locker unlocked and locked, but nothing else works, other than the ugly logo that just boot loops.

pratik231289

May 31, 2015
How do i fix TWRP Bootloop on my HTC explorer a310e... ?

Dear,
How do i fix TWRP Bootloop on my HTC explorer a310e... ?
I hav custom cm11 Kitkat ROM installed on it...
but after I installed the rom, and again tried to reboot
into TWRP recovery, it is just stuck on the blue color
TEAMWIN screen... Please help how to fix it...!

Reactions: naren12

whereismyhat

Oct 1, 2009
Hello,

I was following this tutorial http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2271909 to put a new rom on my fathers kindle, i went step by step and got all the way to here http://prntscr.com/80kv3i but i cant get into TWRP, the logo never turns blue and just constantly loops with the orange kindle fire logo (no animation)

http://prntscr.com/80kuhj This is what my kindle looks like in my device manager, so i think i have the drivers installed correctly. but my computer or ADB never recgonizes the kindle, i think because it never boots up enough to recgonize it. It recgonized it before but i think because it is not booting up long enough the computer or adb wont recgonize it.

Please ill take any advice I can. and i would be willing to pay someone on paypal for help with this.

If there is somewhere else i should post this please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

naren12

Aug 15, 2015
fix twrp bootloop(teamwin) in samsung tab3 neo t111

first of all u need to charge your tab for 2 or 3 hrs at team win bootloop.then connect to pc in download mode(hold home button+vol down+power) it will ask continue.press volume up button it will go to download mode.it will show downloading.connect it to pc.in pc open odin and re-flash twrp.tar in pda/ap tab uncheck auto reboot.after flashing hold vol up+power+and home key then release home key only when u see samsung logo then it will go to twrp.that's all

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

i dont know about htc.but in general i have an idea.first charge your device for 2-3 hrs.then re-flash twrp

mik_o

Oct 29, 2015
Yeah, I don't think I will get this solved, but I will post anyway as a last hope.

Before:

- my Kindle Fire HD 7 was rooted a long time ago and was working perfectly
- I had a second bootloop, I used TWRP once before, and everything went well

But I am very dumb and last week I went to the Configuration and asked for a factory reset. When my Kindle was restarting, the nightmare. Orange Kindle Fire logo: OK. Blue Kindle Fire logo: OK. But than it got stuck in the TWRP screen. Not the menu, but the first screen, with the TWRP logo.

Now:

I can't get out of this screen. It gets stuck for five seconds, then it briefly disappears for less than a second, and it appears again, and it keeps like this forever. I tried to turn on the Kindle in different ways using the Power button, the Volume buttons, but nothing.

Another thing. When I connect it to my Windows (10 64 bit), the Device Manager shows it as Kindle, in the Other Devices list. I tried to install the Kindle Drivers from Amazon, but nothing changed. Than I installed the Kindle ADB Drivers, and I installed an Extra related to Kindle on the Android SDK Tools, and now it's like this on Device Manager:

> Android Device
> Android ADB Interface

All I Tried To Do:

- updated the drivers, but nothing that I do makes Windows recognize the Kindle as the tutorials I read said it should
- tried to use the ADB commands, but when I type 'adb devices', my device is showed as RECOVERY, not DEVICE
- adb shell doesn't bring the $
- and no other command is accepted after this
- fastboot commands return as 'waiting for device'
- Kindle Fire Utility stucks on Activating Fastboot in every option I tried and nothing happens later

So...

I really don't know. Should I buy a factory cable? I live in Brazil, it would be a fortune to buy one from Amazon or whatever, because of the import taxes we pay. Am I missing something? Haven't I tried something? Should I buy a new Kindle already?

Well, thank you if anyone read this and have an idea. :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First and foremost I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY HARD BRICKS,etc ,etc(Really hard to hard brick a kindle doing this unless you flash a weird rom package)

Now that thats cleared up, I have been seeing too many recovery bootloop bricks lately because I think the main tutorials people use haven't been updated(to mention you need to put a rom on the kindle beforehand now), so I thought why not write a tutorial that explains how to fix this problem since there are so many posts, that way we can just put a link to the tutorial in the peoples threads. So here we go!

Things you need to do this:

• a micro-usb cable
    • patience
    • minimal command prompt experience

Instructions:

1. Boot your kindle into twrp (it should do this on its own at this point)
    2. Make sure you have the adb drivers installed(they will need to be installed again if you flashed an older version of twrp), if not, update your drivers in the device manager with the ones in my signature.(See below if you don't know how to update your drivers)
    3. Download the attached file and extract it somewhere
    4. Put the rom and gapps in the folder you extracted the files to
    5. Open a command prompt with admin privileges(start>all programs>accessories right click command prompt, hit run as admin)
    6. CD into the directory where the extracted files are
    7. Type this into the command prompt: adb push rom-or-gapps-name-goes-here.zip /sdcard/
    8. As I said in the filename put either the rom or the gapps, but send both in two commands
    9. At this point once the transfer is done unplug your kindle
    10. If you are going from amazon to a cm based rom, at this point you should wipe system, cache, dalvik cache, and do a factory reset. If not just goto step 11.
    11. Hit install, browse to the /sdcard folder and choose the rom and gapps files and flash them
    12. Reboot and profit!

For people with driver issues that don't know how to install my driver:

1. Open the device manager
    2. Find the device with a triangle next to it
    3. Right click it and hit update driver
    4. Choose the option that lets you search a folder for drivers by browsing
    5. Choose the folder you extracted my drivers to
    6. Let it search and install the drivers
    7. Profit!

Note: If adb isn't picking up the kindle in recovery, try uninstalling the current kindle devices it detects first and then updating the drivers
    CD means change directory, it does what it says, right now you are in your system32 folder so when you CD into the directory you extracted the zip file to you won't get that error. You should Google some command prompt basics.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app
    Find the android adb device in the service manager and uni stall it and let it install my drivers and see if it works, I'm guessing its a simple driver issue.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app
    My bad I think my kindle autocorrected a word incorrectly. It was supposed to say device manager.

If you flashed the 8.9 boot loader to a 7" model the kindle is hard bricked and you will have to get a replacement from amazon, should be free if it was under warranty though. However I think step 20 is referring to the kernel? I thought boot partition was kernel and boot loader was boot loader, anyways if it hasn't flashed the boot loader then a fastboot cable I would think would do the job but if its not even lighting up I think its hard bricked.