Best Sony Smartwatch2 [SW2] Apps&Games

Search This thread

Hermantje

May 22, 2012
Groningen
hugehog.blogspot.com
NOTE: This thread isn't updated by me anymore as I had to sell my SmartWatch 2. Check the latest replies to the thread for new apps, though. Keep 'em coming!

Good day fellow XDAians!
I recently bought my very own Smartwatch 2 and I had no idea where to start looking for applications. The built-in search function of Sony's Smartwatch2 app redirects to the Play Store with a certain search query but it not always shows all apps that belong to the category you've selected. So I decided to make a thread dedicated for only the best Apps&Games for the Sony Smartwatch 2!
If you know a great app or game, please let me know. I'll try to include most useful apps in this post. For each category, the free apps and games are listed before the paid ones. Let's get started.

First off, the application that is required for the SW2 to connect with your phone:
> SmartWatch 2 SW2 by Sony Mobile Communications

Secondly, with the new firmware where we can change wallpapers and create our own watchface, Sony decided to add an Easter Egg to the calculator. Have you ever wondered what 1035 equals?
> 1035 = Free Snake Game
(in case it wasn't clear yet, if you type "1035" in the calculator on your smartwatch and then press "=", you'll find the new game on your SmartWatch)

Notifications

> WatchIt! by Jonas Petersson
[free]
Will pick up notifications from the phone and display them in various ways.

> Watchify (Beta) SW2 Extension by A. Sagrebin
[free] [XDA thread]
Allows tons of notifications to pop up on your smartwatch, with Whatsapp, Email, Gmail and Hangouts currently supported to show 'extended notifications' so they'll show the entire message. It also allows setting options for these notifications such as not vibrating at night.

> Calendar smart extension by Sony Mobile Communications
[free]
Shows each upcoming calendar item with location and tapping an item shows more details.

> Quick Reply for SmartWatch 2 by IngeniousApps
[rooted] [€2,41] [XDA thread]
Lets you actually write replies to whatsapp messages as well as view incoming ones on the smartwatch.

> Tasker - Smart Notifier by Shouvik Basu
[free] [donate app at €1,21] [requires Tasker at €2,99]
Send notifications and choose actions accordingly on your SmartWatch via Tasker!

Control apps

> Tasker - Smart Extensions by Shouvik Basu
[free] [donate app at €1,21] [requires Tasker at €2,99]
Ever wanted to decide yourself what to control with your SmartWatch but don't have enough programming knowledge to make your own apps? With this Tasker extension you can!

> Media Control Extension by Lex
[free]
A beautiful app with large, comfortable buttons to control your smartphone's volume, play, pause, skip and for-/backward music; takes little time to load as opposed to Sony's media control application.

> Camera Smart Extension by Sony Mobile Communications
[free]
Turns your smartwatch into a remote smartphone camera trigger. Don't expect the live view to be smooth however.

Games

> 2048 for Smartwatch by Jonathan B.
[free]
Can't get enough of this game on your phone or in the browser? Why not have it on your smartwatch for free!

> BlackJack Extension by Tesseract Mobile
[free] [features ads on phone when replenishing bank money]
"When I'm getting a Smartwatch, I'll get one with BlackJack and Hoo... wait, let's just keep it at BlackJack."

Smartphone apps with added support for the Smartwatch 2

> Light Flow by Reactle
[€1,75] [lite version: free]
Has the option to push all sorts of device notifications to the Smartwatch, but not the extended ones. Therefore you won't get full messages, only short text (pretty handy still if you had already bought this app).

> SmartVanilla Music by Alexander Watt
[free]
Extension to control music through the application

Other

> RSS for Smart Extras™ by Sony Mobile Communications
[free]
Read your RSS feeds on your SmartWatch!

> Tiny Tasks by Lex
[€0,72]
Syncs with Google Tasks so that you can view and mark tasks as complete on your watch.

> Slideshow smart extension by Sony Mobile Communications
[free]
Makes it possible to view images from your phone on your wrist.

> Remote Widget for SmartWatch2 by NeFa Studio
[€1,13] [working ideas]
Put any SmartPhone widget on your SmartWatch!

Do you have anything to add? Please let me know by posting it including a link below!
This list is constantly updating, so keep an eye out!

Last edited:

Hermantje

May 22, 2012
Groningen
hugehog.blogspot.com
Lightflow or Lightflow lite supports notification push to SW2 too in recent updates

Is the Lite version also capable of sending to the Smartwatch? I thought I read in the specific thread about the app that only the Pro version was capable. Anyway, I added a new section to the list: Smartphone apps with added support for the Smartwatch 2 :good::cyclops:

Hermantje

May 22, 2012
Groningen
hugehog.blogspot.com
Try my app
Quick Reply Whatsapp and SMS for Sony SmartWatch 2
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ingeniousapps.hellosmartwatch
Lemme know your view :)

That definitely looks like an interesting app!
Now I just wish I had a way to pay for it *come on Google, introduce me to your Play Gift cards here as well*
I will however included it in my list, as it seems original enough. Does it let users accurately reply whatsapp messages to incoming ones, and does it work in group chats as well? I just wish there was a way to have full whatsapp on your wrist, including all contacts and previous messages.
Does it actually show your message after replying in a 'conversation kind of way', including previous messages? If not, could that be an improvement to save previous messages as well? :angel:

khonarr65

Feb 18, 2009
Ha! Great thought..
It does accurately reply to whatsapp individuals and groups and sms as well..
I am working on full whatsapp conversations.. But even if I succeed in it.. I ll be a standalone app with no notifications stuff.. Because SW2 api limitations have binded me to cut short a few things...
Love your collection btw.. Keep it up! Cheers mate!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

noobandroid

Sep 4, 2010
Is the Lite version also capable of sending to the Smartwatch? I thought I read in the specific thread about the app that only the Pro version was capable. Anyway, I added a new section to the list: Smartphone apps with added support for the Smartwatch 2 :good::cyclops:

both will work, difference only is that limited apps to use in lite version

Hermantje

May 22, 2012
Groningen
hugehog.blogspot.com
I just found a great widget for the Remote Widget SmartWatch extension.
Try putting Sony's TrackID widget on the watch. Clicking it will result in a music search even with the phone's display off!
It's a perfect example of what this app is capable of!

*More ideas may follow in this post*
If you have any other perfect examples, be sure to share them here so I can include them in the list

noobandroid

Sep 4, 2010
okay, in the light flow app, the notification is only showing amount of unread notifications, like in gmail, it shows 1 unread, total 1, instead of showing context

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

cooltech786

Jan 5, 2010
I'm a new SW2 user as well. SmartTasker is another nice app (although not free), nicer interface than the Tasker Smart Extension.

Hermantje

May 22, 2012
Groningen
hugehog.blogspot.com
I think WatchIt! should be in this topic too.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=se.petersson.watch

It's a notifications plugin too.

I don't even... know why I never found this app when I was searching on the Play Store for potential apps.
I have yet to try it still, but it looks very promising!
*added to the top of the list*

If anyone knows some more free games, or very good (non laggy) paid ones, I'd love to put more of those on my list :)

Chillout

Jul 15, 2008
I don't even... know why I never found this app when I was searching on the Play Store for potential apps.
I have yet to try it still, but it looks very promising!
*added to the top of the list*

If anyone knows some more free games, or very good (non laggy) paid ones, I'd love to put more of those on my list :)

It's great, I've been using it for some time now, and even works while the bluetooth connection is lost, the notifications are still available then.
Also be sure to hit 1035= in the calculator for a nice game ;)

Reactions: Hermantje

Hermantje

May 22, 2012
Groningen
hugehog.blogspot.com
It's great, I've been using it for some time now, and even works while the bluetooth connection is lost, the notifications are still available then.
Also be sure to hit 1035= in the calculator for a nice game ;)

Totally forgot to put that in the post!
That game is basically the only game that does not lag, I'm guessing because it's the only one where the smartwatch itself does the calculations?
Oh if only I knew how to program my own apps.. :p

Hermantje

May 22, 2012
Groningen
hugehog.blogspot.com

I haven't tried it yet. Does it work well?
The idea of my post is not to put random apps in there, but apps that are actually one of the better (the app has 3 one star ratings and 3 two star ones, which makes me wonder...).

It looks to work well though, when I read the description. I might update my post with this game :cyclops:

EDIT: on your snake game: I tried it and it was laggy. Laggy in a way that it wasn't playable to me. The "calculator easter egg snake" is much better so I won't put that snake game in the post.

michpan

Jan 22, 2007
No problem, haven't tried the sudoku or the blocks game yet.. Someone else might have though..

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added 3rd May 2014 at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was 2nd May 2014 at 11:40 PM ----------

Hmm.. Forgot to mention a very interesting free app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sonyericsson.extras.liveware.extension.rss It displays RSS feeds on your watch. I've added RSS feeds from news sites and combined with the watchit app I get notified whenever there's a new news item..

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Hermantje

Top Liked Posts