FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RoM]UCLD3 Official ATT "Leak" !CLOSED! because TW sucks!

22,362 posts
Thanks Meter: 48,835

Thread Closed Email Thread
27th April 2012, 08:06 PM |#1271  
Flag Missouri
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbarisax

Yes, I hardbricked going to AOKP i777 - Luckily I'm getting the phone replaced under warranty. My bad - I hardbricked trying to clear data in CWM before rebooting to AOKP. After doing this the phone could not be powered on.

There was a bad UCLD3 release that was bricking phones. It was fixed very quickly. Posts about it are in here someplace.

Extreme responses to people have become the norm.

27th April 2012, 08:10 PM |#1272  
Thanks Meter: 258

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokeaire

There was a bad UCLD3 release that was bricking phones. It was fixed very quickly. Posts about it are in here someplace.

Actually, we don't know if it is fixed or not. There is no way to test (if it bricks, your phone is history). From what Entropy posted, the bug is in the latest kernel and there is no way to fix it unless you use a different kernel.
The Following User Says Thank You to foxbat121 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift foxbat121 Ad-Free
27th April 2012, 08:22 PM |#1273  
Flag Portland Oregon
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Judging from my hardbrick, I would say that the problem is NOT fixed as I was on D3 post 4/20.
27th April 2012, 08:33 PM |#1274  
Flag Oakland
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Newkirk

Be sure you read this asap. And this. It may save your device.

You need to flash a known good kernel that is NOT based on the M250 sources....such as this one , or the NEAK or Siyah kernels.

Do NOT perform a wipe...just flash a known good kernel.

Sorry to troll this forum, but I don't want to miss an educational moment (I learn so much from Task's and Entropy's threads).

You say not to wipe when flashing a known good kernel over a bad one, but I'm wondering if you also mean not to wipe dalvic and cache. Thank you in advance, I appreciate any best-practices knowledge you can share!
27th April 2012, 09:10 PM |#1275  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy_Cat

Sorry to troll this forum, but I don't want to miss an educational moment (I learn so much from Task's and Entropy's threads).

You say not to wipe when flashing a known good kernel over a bad one, but I'm wondering if you also mean not to wipe dalvic and cache. Thank you in advance, I appreciate any best-practices knowledge you can share!

No need to wipe those with just a kernel flash anyways. But I wouldn't wipe anything until after you've booted the new kernel.
The Following User Says Thank You to Snow02 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Snow02 Ad-Free
27th April 2012, 09:23 PM |#1276  
Flag Missouri
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbat121

Actually, we don't know if it is fixed or not. There is no way to test (if it bricks, your phone is history). From what Entropy posted, the bug is in the latest kernel and there is no way to fix it unless you use a different kernel.

I had to go back to pages 117-120 to refresh my aging memory. Yes it was a kernel issue.. Thanks.

29th April 2012, 02:29 AM |#1277  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unhappy Sorry JJ
Sorry about your brick, i just flashed aj's replacement kernel so far so good, if the warranty thing dont work out you should goto mobiletechvideos . com and get your device Jtag repaired, i did, it took less than a week using xpress delivery option.
70 bucks and a week later sgs2 was good as new
30th April 2012, 06:12 PM |#1278  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I also got a brick.

I've been bouncing around from LC5 to ShowSTOCK2 to LD3 back to ShowSTOCK over the past week.

I tried to install AKOP and it went dead.

I read the warnings, but figured I was good since I've been going back and forth.

So I don't think its fixed.... lucklily i'm within 30 days return.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread