3,187 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,107

By beaups, Senior Recognized Developer on 19th February 2013, 03:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th February 2013, 11:31 AM |#641  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Smile Worked like magic !
Worked like magic first time - Thanks for a great work !!!
I was already SuperCID so i just followed the stages in the guide and it worked !!!
Excellent !

25th February 2013, 04:33 PM |#642  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I'm confused. I bought my phone last week and it automatically updated. Will this work?
25th February 2013, 05:18 PM |#643  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by curryinaninstant

I'm confused. I bought my phone last week and it automatically updated. Will this work?

Thanks guys, couldn't have been easier

curryinaninstant: If you can't unlock bootloader/get supercid it will not work.
25th February 2013, 05:30 PM |#644  
Flag Waiting for GPS
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by curryinaninstant

No. Post OTA doesn't work. Supposedly it's being worked on, which I hope so. A buddy of mine has the dreaded wake lock issue on his and can't use a new kernel until this gets fixed.
25th February 2013, 10:04 PM |#645  
Flag Sanger
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Thumbs up
Well, I did a full wipe of everything adb and htc drivers. And gave it a second go with the newer streamlined process and bam, not a single hiccup and nailed the first go. Thank you guys for everything, and all the hard work.
26th February 2013, 06:23 AM |#646  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Did the PL8320000-DNA.zip install for anybody else? I didn't even get error 92 or 99 or any other error. It actually installed.
26th February 2013, 06:32 AM |#647  
Thanks Meter: 531

More
Re: [S-Off] Facepalm S-Off for HTC Devices - Droid DNA
Quote:
Originally Posted by weehooherod2

Did the PL8320000-DNA.zip install for anybody else? I didn't even get error 92 or 99 or any other error. It actually installed.

Post the whole cmd prompt log. Sounds like you may have messed up somewhere.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
26th February 2013, 07:01 AM |#648  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigandrewgold

Post the whole cmd prompt log. Sounds like you may have messed up somewhere.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

The log is gone at this point. My DNA is acting really strangely. It always gave me error 99 so I tried the suggestions found in this thread to no avail. Then I noticed that when I "fastboot oem lock" it is only locked until I reboot. So I ran "fastboot oem rebootRUU", then "fastboot oem lock", then "fastboot flash zip RUU.zip" (RUU.zip was the stock restore zip, just so I could start from square one). Then, still error 99. So then I ran "fastboot oem rebootRUU", then "fastboot oem lock", then "fastboot flash zip PL8320000-DNA.zip". It unfortunately ran through with no errors at all. Which means it updated my hboot version so I can no longer run the RUU.zip. Lol now I wiped my System in TWRP without realizing that the RUU wiped the storage so I have no rom to flash. ADB access won't work in CWM/TWRP either.

No RUU possible, no rom installed so I can't transfer a rom, adb in TWRP/CWM doesn't work. Shoot.

EDIT: Does anybody have a copy of their DNA's system in a system.img format? I need to flash a system.img over fastboot just so I can get this darn thing to turn on.
Or, does anybody know how to make a signed zip to flash via the bootloader?
26th February 2013, 11:15 AM |#649  
Flag msw
Thanks Meter: 12

More
weehooherod2:
you can mount sdcard in twrp recovery (in advanced), you can copy zip or twrp backup, if you have one to sdcard.
restore in twrp if it is twrp backup or install if it is zip.
good luck.
re: as long as you can boot into bootloader, things are not so bad..
26th February 2013, 11:41 AM |#650  
Flag North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 149

More
Quote:

The log is gone at this point. My DNA is acting really strangely. It always gave me error 99 so I tried the suggestions found in this thread to no avail. Then I noticed that when I "fastboot oem lock" it is only locked until I reboot. So I ran "fastboot oem rebootRUU", then "fastboot oem lock", then "fastboot flash zip RUU.zip" (RUU.zip was the stock restore zip, just so I could start from square one). Then, still error 99. So then I ran "fastboot oem rebootRUU", then "fastboot oem lock", then "fastboot flash zip PL8320000-DNA.zip". It unfortunately ran through with no errors at all. Which means it updated my hboot version so I can no longer run the RUU.zip. Lol now I wiped my System in TWRP without realizing that the RUU wiped the storage so I have no rom to flash. ADB access won't work in CWM/TWRP either.

No RUU possible, no rom installed so I can't transfer a rom, adb in TWRP/CWM doesn't work. Shoot.

EDIT: Does anybody have a copy of their DNA's system in a system.img format? I need to flash a system.img over fastboot just so I can get this darn thing to turn on.

I am not sure flashing a system.img in fastboot works.. but I think the RUU contains .img files if you extract it..

also like fdp24 said if you can get into fastboot then you should be able to flash a new recovery and if you use CWM you can adb sideload a ROM.zip (I am not familiar with TWRP so i can't comment on if TWRP supports this or not)
26th February 2013, 05:37 PM |#651  
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 909

More
Quote:

Can you boot into the bootloader ? I had this same issue , I ran the RUU about 20 times before it finally worked .
The Following User Says Thank You to cbrown245 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cbrown245 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)