New to forum. Not sure where to post.

Search This thread

glnwst

Mar 26, 2014
I have an Ematic EM63 that froze on me one day and now refuses to boot. I've tried to factory reset but it also just freezes and never completes. Can anyone help me with getting this tablet usable again? I wonder if reflashing the stock rom would work but of course I never backed up the tablet and can't find a stock rom image anywhere on the internet.

vanessaem

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Themer
Jun 7, 2010
Missouri City
I have an Ematic EM63 that froze on me one day and now refuses to boot. I've tried to factory reset but it also just freezes and never completes. Can anyone help me with getting this tablet usable again? I wonder if reflashing the stock rom would work but of course I never backed up the tablet and can't find a stock rom image anywhere on the internet.

You may have to check the user manual (p.33) or contact the company directly. Other than that, I don't see much support for this tablet.

glnwst

Mar 26, 2014
The customer support for this company is terrible. I called and explained that I'm unable to factory reset and all they did was send me an email explaining how to. If I could somehow find the stock rom for this tablet I think I might be able to fix it that way. Problem is that since it's not a popular tablet I can't seem to find one anywhere on the internet. If anyone has this tablet and could send me the stock rom for it that would be great.

I've had problems with the tablet ever since I purchased it. I warn anyone thinking about buying this tablet or any products from this company to stay clear.

vanessaem

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Themer
Jun 7, 2010
Missouri City
The customer support for this company is terrible. I called and explained that I'm unable to factory reset and all they did was send me an email explaining how to. If I could somehow find the stock rom for this tablet I think I might be able to fix it that way. Problem is that since it's not a popular tablet I can't seem to find one anywhere on the internet. If anyone has this tablet and could send me the stock rom for it that would be great.

I've had problems with the tablet ever since I purchased it. I warn anyone thinking about buying this tablet or any products from this company to stay clear.

Unfortunately, that's the problem with buying generic tablets, there's often little to no support. The benefit of buying brand name tablets is that the opposite is true. Of course you have to pay a bit more but it's worth it in the long run.