Facebook Chat For Windows Mobile: Fim v2.28 + WM6.5 CHome plugin (8 SEP 2012)

Search This thread

kull

Apr 26, 2006
Quick Review. 1.04b

Here is my 2 bit, tried using it on my WM 6 HTC Touch Cruise.

1) It did not connect, in fact it froze my phone twice, got stuck on the bubble that showed connecting to GPRS. Had to soft reset both times.

2) Even though it froze, it used an awful lot of data, without logging me in. (Thanks for SPB Wireless). As compared to Palringo, this uses a lot of data just to log in. Since I don't have unlimited data plan. This is a matter of concern.

Will still keep watching this space. :)

eranyanay

Aug 26, 2008
Theres an exessive amaunt of data going in the login process,
its crazy, maybe 1mb
not to talk on the rest of the data goes when its already connected (less but still..)
since not everyone has free wap (like me)
maybe it could be nice to add a counter for data inside it, so you'll be more aware of whats going

brachialis

Aug 10, 2008
Malmö
a nice app, would like to see even more features, like th iphone app.
also, i would be great if the app where a bit more finger friendly

eranyanay

Aug 26, 2008
Theres an exessive amaunt of data going in the login process,
its crazy, maybe 1mb
not to talk on the rest of the data goes when its already connected (less but still..)
since not everyone has free wap (like me)
maybe it could be nice to add a counter for data inside it, so you'll be more aware of whats going

and after something like one hour it was running in the background it reached over 30mb of data transfer...thats way too much. (And i dont have much friends online in this hours, maybe 5-6)
other IM softwares use maybe 1-2% of that

spupuz

Feb 2, 2008
Milan
feature req!
would be possible to implement sync facebook friend photos with outlook mobile contacts?

tnx!

spupuz

Feb 2, 2008
Milan

yeah i do already know it but there is a big problem... if you sync from facebook to outlook in a pc, the pics are cropped, but if you sync from a ppc with a facebook client to the outlook mobule client they remains in a good quality, i do use there pics for s2u2 pics with full screen.

actually i do use skybook but sometimes it crash (i have a lot of friends).

tlethere

Jan 11, 2009
HTC Touch HD

Guys, maybe Im loosing my techie skills, but I have a brand new Touch, installed the app and get the following:

FacebookIM.exe - requires newer .NET compact Framework vers etc...

I went to MS, downloaded what I thought was the latest .NET and when I installed it, the install errors and says I have the latest version already installed..

Can someone point me in the right direction to down load the right .NET framework.

Thanks - Tony

eranyanay

Aug 26, 2008
Guys, maybe Im loosing my techie skills, but I have a brand new Touch, installed the app and get the following:

FacebookIM.exe - requires newer .NET compact Framework vers etc...

I went to MS, downloaded what I thought was the latest .NET and when I installed it, the install errors and says I have the latest version already installed..

Can someone point me in the right direction to down load the right .NET framework.

Thanks - Tony

you need version 3.5

Keland44

Jun 9, 2006
Cali
this is a very nice app only a couple of suggestions
when i use my slide out keyboard on my wizard the softkeyboard pops up
and it seems like i'm getting messages 2,3,4 times over
but this is a great app keep up the great work

blutz

Oct 21, 2008
Tel-Aviv
www.mosko.mobi
new version 1.05:

* Fast login
* Reduced data usage
* Reduced cpu usage
* Fixed multiple message receive
* Fixed crashing bug in xperia
* Fixed keyboard popups

i would realy love to receive data usage reports from the users out here.. thanks

eranyanay

Aug 26, 2008
new version 1.05:

* Fast login
* Reduced data usage
* Reduced cpu usage
* Fixed multiple message receive
* Fixed crashing bug in xperia
* Fixed keyboard popups

i would realy love to receive data usage reports from the users out here.. thanks

I'll be happy to try, though i dont see any link to download...not here and not in the first page

zyon92

Apr 6, 2008
Paris
I've this error message when i try to connect :

FacebookIM.exe
NullReferenceException

à GoogleCode.FacebookCSharp.Utilities.HTTPWorker.CookieManager.GetCookies(HttpWebResponse response)
à GoogleCode.FacebookCSharp.Utilities.HTTPWorker.SendRequestAndGetResponseStream()
à GoogleCode.FacebookCSharp.Utilities.HTTPWorker.SendRequest()
à GoogleCode.FacebookCSharp.Utilities.HTTPWorker.get_ResponseText()
à Mosko.Facebook.Login(String response)
à Mosko.Facebook.Login(String username, String password)
à Mosko.FacebookIM.connect()
à Mosko.FacebookIM.menuItem1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.Menu.ProcessMnuProc(Control ctlThis, WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
à System.Windows.Forms.Form.WnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control._InternalWnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
à Microsoft.AGL.Forms.EVL.EnterMainLoop(IntPtr hwnMain)
à System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form fm)
à Mosko.Program.Main()

Can you help me ?

kull

Apr 26, 2006
1.06b feedback.

Here is my quick feedback.

1) Log in is still pretty slow, although I must say this time it didn't get stuck. Unlike last time when the prog. hung and had to soft reset.
2) Data still quite high, 594K while I just exchanged a few 'hi's was on for about 20 mins. I consider this high compared to say Palringo, the only other app that offers chatting with Fbook on Windows Mobile.
3) "Send"ing the message takes about 3 to 4 sec, its not immediate. Quite confusing in the begining.
4) Also one can't minimise the prog. pressing the 'x' tab keeps the prog on today screen.
5) Didn't get any audio feedback of the notifications.
6) Would be nice if it has a Today plug-in or tray icon at least.
7) Pics of contacts are quite big, on my QVGA screen, could be smaller and save some screen space.
8) Text sending works only with the "send" key and not Enter key.

So far this is it.. will keep posting.

Also one more thing, does this prog in anyway touch my contacts? Because after longing out, my contacts are re-synching with the Exchange server... that's weird. I haven't touched any other settings so far, so this should not be happening... scary though.

Keep it up... you are on the right track. (I guess. ;-))

Last edited:

blutz

Oct 21, 2008
Tel-Aviv
www.mosko.mobi
Here is my quick feedback.

1) Log in is still pretty slow, although I must say this time it didn't get stuck. Unlike last time when the prog. hung and had to soft reset.
2) Data still quite high, 594K while I just exchanged a few 'hi's was on for about 20 mins. I consider this high compared to say Palringo, the only other app that offers chatting with Fbook on Windows Mobile.
3) "Send"ing the message takes about 3 to 4 sec, its not immediate. Quite confusing in the begining.
4) Also one can't minimise the prog. pressing the 'x' tab keeps the prog on today screen.
5) Didn't get any audio feedback of the notifications.
6) Would be nice if it has a Today plug-in or tray icon at least.
7) Pics of contacts are quite big, on my QVGA screen, could be smaller and save some screen space.
8) Text sending works only with the "send" key and not Enter key.

So far this is it.. will keep posting.

Also one more thing, does this prog in anyway touch my contacts? Because after longing out, my contacts are re-synching with the Exchange server... that's weird. I haven't touched any other settings so far, so this should not be happening... scary though.

Keep it up... you are on the right track. (I guess. ;-))

2. any chance you can tell me whats the data usage right after login, and whats the usage for the rest of period subtract the login data usage?

4,5,8. works on my diamond and emulators, so i can't really debug this, unless someone donate me some PPCs :D
btw - you have minimize option on the menu, does that work for you?
btw2 - when the app is minimized it uses whole lot less data, so good luck with that :)

kull

Apr 26, 2006
Contacts?

Thanks I shall test the data for you. But please tell me about the contacts thing. After I run your prog why are my contacts re-syncing with the exchange server on Active Sync?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fim v2.10

Fim for Windows Mobile (5,6.x) was updated. the new version fixes the recent connection issues.

You can download the installation cab directly to your device : http://get.mosko.mobi

If you still having problems to sign in you can try to disable login notifications and login approvals on your facebook account settings -> Security.
    attachment.php

Facebook Instant Messenger

Features: Facebook Chat, Status Feed, Notifications & New Messages Indicators, Picture & Video Uploads Directly From Your Phone,
    Integrated m.facebook.com Browser, All Display Resolutions, Touch Friendly, No 3rd Party Registration, AppToDate Support

Installation:

Download the mobile installer (.cab file) to your desktop. Sync with your mobile phone and copy the .cab installer to your phone. From your phone go to Programs -> File Explorer, navigate to the .cab file and select it. The Installer should do the rest.
    or navigate to http://get.mosko.mobi on your Windows Phone, choose open, the installer should do the rest.

Optional: WM6.5 CHome ("Titanium") Plugin

If you like this software, Please Donate, so i can keep maintain it. thanks :)

Tips:

* To move between tabs you can use horizontal swipe gesture. in some cases you can also use Tab key,left arrow key & right arrow key.

* To access some friend related features, make a long press ("context menu") on his name in the friends list. you can also second-click his icon on the black bar.

* When browsing, click the fim icon on the black bar for browsing related functions (back, refresh, zoom-in, zoom out, open in new window, close)

* Double click on black bar toggles full screen mode

* On some devices you can send the chat message by long click on hardware-enter-key

* You can copy line from chat by selecting the line, and do a long press on it. that way you can also paste text to the input box.

* If you received a chat message with link in it, double-click will open it in your web browser.

* Facebook emoticons doesn't show on fim, but your chat companion will see it on his desktop chat.
    attachment.php

FAQ/Notes/Troubleshooting:

"Connection Failed": usually due to email or password typed incorrectly. if you are positively sure you entered everything correctly then if you have special characters in your email or password replace them. only numbers, English letters and of course @ at the email allowed, also keep in mind that facebook passwords are case sensitive.

WM BUILDS 6.5.3 / 6.5.5 blank web pages: to fix the internal browser problem use the cab from this post

touch/x/iphone/lite.facebook.com: doesn't open the way you expect in the integrated browser, which is the same as explorer in wm6.1, so there is not point integrating it.

WAP: fb chat needs solid 3g/wifi/gprs internet connection. even if your operator allows some facebook features thru its wap proxy, not sure it will be enough to use chat feature of facebook

3G: some 3g issues were fixed since version 2.2.8, If you still can't connect over 3G, check the settings on: Start->Settings->Connections Tab->Connections->Advanced->Select Networks->Programs that automatically connect to the Internet should connect using.. You should choose your operator's internet connection and not its wap portal.

WM 2003 SE: Setup CAB will not work, unpack it and use standalone executable (fim.exe)

Smart Phones (Windows Mobile Standard with no touch screen): supported since version 2.2.7, if you have problems/comments/suggestions post them in this forum

Photo/Video Uploads: If you are having problems with photo or video uploading, update your .NETCF to 3.5

questions / comments / bug reports are welcome.
    * please post on this thread, and not on a private message
    * report any error messages you got from the software
    * when reporting first check if your question haven't been asked or your bug haven't been reported yet.
    * make sure you have installed the latest FIM version available by checking menu -> about
    * don't forget to mention your type of device, os/rom version and type of internet connection used.

Site Owners / Distributors:
    When posting this app on your site, u are obligated to add a link to this site. also make sure you always host the latest FIM version.

Download
    Happy New Year!

New Fim version is available..

v2.6
    * added option to send message using the enter key
    * fixed some 3g connection issues
    * fixed browser back capability

direct download http://get.mosko.mobi
    New FIM version 2.35 fixed sending messages error.
    http://get.mosko.mobi
    an update to FIM is available.

direct download v2.15 http://get.mosko.mobi