[Guide] How to Downgrade Latest Hboot 2.00.0002>> without using HTC Dev V2

Search This thread

SnowiiSnowii

Dec 15, 2008
yep I have managed to get temp root, since misc_version doesnt return info on what version you have I only saw it saying IT WILL BE CHANGED to what I have written...

the downgrade RUU is the first one which actually returns error so it is probably the problem. I am using this RUU:

RUU_Saga_S_HTC_Europe_2.10.401.8_Radio_20.4801.30.0822U_3822.10.08.04_M_release_225161_signed.exe

my desire s is from vodafone but has a HTC logo during startup and clean sense therefore I assume it is not branded.

how do I relock other then flashing with another ROM which I have been trying now (as I said in the previous post, tried the same version I have currently + one newer(est) one)

what is CID error?

shadi22

Nov 30, 2008
Manila
yep I have managed to get temp root, since misc_version doesnt return info on what version you have I only saw it saying IT WILL BE CHANGED to what I have written...

the downgrade RUU is the first one which actually returns error so it is probably the problem. I am using this RUU:

RUU_Saga_S_HTC_Europe_2.10.401.8_Radio_20.4801.30.0822U_3822.10.08.04_M_release_225161_signed.exe

my desire s is from vodafone but has a HTC logo during startup and clean sense therefore I assume it is not branded.

how do I relock other then flashing with another ROM which I have been trying now (as I said in the previous post, tried the same version I have currently + one newer(est) one)

what is CID error?

Dude.. use vodafone RUU ..region/ brand specific as suggested on OP.. lastly..use the oldest vodafone RUU for desire s you can find...

You relock via ADB.. search the thread how to relock the device from htc dev unlock device..
Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

SnowiiSnowii

Dec 15, 2008
well can give it a shot but I quite clearly recall vodafone here claiming the devices are in factory state... and since the branding doesnt come across anywhere I would believe it. but defo worth a shot, right on it

edit: no VF czech RUU anywhere, it is defo not branded as the pushed OTA update gave me this 2.10 version I have currently, all the VF UK /FR versions are 1.xx so?

Last edited:

shadi22

Nov 30, 2008
Manila
well can give it a shot but I quite clearly recall vodafone here claiming the devices are in factory state... and since the branding doesnt come across anywhere I would believe it. but defo worth a shot, right on it

edit: no VF czech RUU anywhere, it is defo not branded as the pushed OTA update gave me this 2.10 version I have currently, all the VF UK /FR versions are 1.xx so?

Yes you will be using that!.. 1.xx.. the lowest the better.. this is why we downgrade so we can have an hboot supported by revolutionary!.. just pls RELOCKED your phone..

SnowiiSnowii

Dec 15, 2008
same thing, the same Error 155... says something about "get the right tool for update", is there any relationship with i.e. which version of HTCSync I have?

edit: since I have CWM recovery (the bootloader shows 3 android figures with skateboard on the bottom...) is there a way how to flash ROM without using the PC, straight from the SD card?

Last edited:

NightOrchid

Apr 21, 2011
The only risk of brick device is the RUU downgrade.. since youve got a root access you just have to change misc version..try again.. if the misc version in OP doesnt work..try using the misc OP in the zegRush guide..:).. your almost there..

Thank God Done It. Thanks for the support shadi. Thought ide share my mistakes and what i did, to help others:, least i can do:

1) Remove SIM card and SD Card, Phone is Debug on, charge only mode.
2) Open cmd "As Administrator, and do not touch the phone.
3) Make sure you download the RUU for YOUR carrier, not Open Europe.. So for Virgin mobile.. i d/l'd 1.31.351.1, not 2.10.401.
4) On last step, No 7.."When its done", the flashing cursor"#" just sits there as it backs up misc, wait about 5 mins, dont touch anything.. if its still there after about 10 mins, try pressing enter untill you see C:\ (folder name)
5) Do not close this cmd box or touch phone, just open up Your Branded RUU and flash it.
6) When you start the RUU, it will say Image file is still at your old one(for me it was stuck at Virgins 2.13.351.1) so it seems as if it hasnt changed.. it has, just click proceed and let it simmer to the boiil.
7) let it reboot on its own and there you go, back on 233.
8) Now either Flash revolutionary or make your goldcard for unbranding.

Hope that helps, it can be scarey because sometimes it just sits there and does nothing.. but just leave it.

Cheers

Reactions: shadi22

shadi22

Nov 30, 2008
Manila
same thing, the same Error 155... says something about "get the right tool for update", is there any relationship with i.e. which version of HTCSync I have?

edit: since I have CWM recovery (the bootloader shows 3 android figures with skateboard on the bottom...) is there a way how to flash ROM without using the PC, straight from the SD card?

Okey.. one solution for you.. Reboot into FASTBOOT and then while in fastboot just flash the RUU...

Reactions: NightOrchid

SnowiiSnowii

Dec 15, 2008
Okey.. one solution for you.. Reboot into FASTBOOT and then while in fastboot just flash the RUU...

sorry had no time to deal with this for a few days... how do I flash the entire RUU? is it enough to just take system.img from one of the old RUU and flash that? or do I need to reflash the recovery_signed.img as well or any other?

thanks, sorry I know it's all pretty noobish but its just this part to get over, once all is up and running, flashing custom roms is easy and fun :D

shadi22

Nov 30, 2008
Manila
sorry had no time to deal with this for a few days... how do I flash the entire RUU? is it enough to just take system.img from one of the old RUU and flash that? or do I need to reflash the recovery_signed.img as well or any other?

thanks, sorry I know it's all pretty noobish but its just this part to get over, once all is up and running, flashing custom roms is easy and fun :D

no..download RUU..connect phone to pc in usb debugging mode...then click the ruu file to run...donne...search the thread

SnowiiSnowii

Dec 15, 2008
no..download RUU..connect phone to pc in usb debugging mode...then click the ruu file to run...donne...search the thread

tried that before, gave me error 155, tried now from different computer while in fastboot, same error...

anyways still cannot force another RUU with older ROM to install :(

edit: nevermind anymore, I changer the recovery to 4ext and have actually installed custom rom so it's all good, screw s-off, would really mess with the radios anyways :) cheers tho!

Last edited:

SoylentCola

Aug 14, 2009
I have just got my hands on a Desire S and need to down grade to the older Hboot,
my problem is that I cannot get my hands on tacoroot, the download links for it are all dead. can anyone help?

hoanglamtong

Apr 14, 2012
Da Nang
It is the first time i post a reply, so i sorry if my queston is stupid :confused:
My HTC DS was unlock bootloader and hboot 2.00.002 and how i can find RUU for it
I just using it 1 month ago and i don't know much about it, plz help me and i sorry because of my bad english.
Thank

paul.robo

Apr 8, 2012
It is the first time i post a reply, so i sorry if my queston is stupid :confused:
My HTC DS was unlock bootloader and hboot 2.00.002 and how i can find RUU for it
I just using it 1 month ago and i don't know much about it, plz help me and i sorry because of my bad english.
Thank

my guide to downgrade and ALL RUU's are on my guide here's the link mate :D

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24962239#post24962239

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

my guide to downgrade and ALL RUU's are on my guide here's the link mate :D

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24962239#post24962239

using my guide will get rid of the ***re locked** at the top of your bootloader screen aswell so htc will never know u used htcdev.com at all :) have a nice day :)

amit.sengupta

Jan 1, 2011
Bangalore
Hey Guys,

I am not sure which RUU to use to downgrade. My mobile was bought in Sweden. but the mother board was changed in India. I want to know how do i find out the REGION/BAND of the software existing on my phone. The version numbers on my phone are:

kernel version
2.6.35.10-ga76c374
software number
Android Version
HTC Sense Version
baseband version
20.4801.30.0822U_3822.10.08.04_M

Also after Step 5

5. After this commands your phone "REBOOT" the phone to recovery. Now press vol up then power then REBOOT to boot the phone normally. Wait till it boots completely and then type:

adb shell
/data/local/tmp/tacoroot --root

the phone just shows the white "HTC logo quietly brilliant" flashing.

any ways i proceeded to the next step and
adb shell gave me #.

I change the misc version
./misc_version -s 1.27.405.6
So far so good.

I tried to flash RUU_Saga_HTC_Europe_1.28.401.1_Radio_20.28b.30.0805U_38.03.02.11_M_release_177977_signed. But it gives me ERROR[171]: USB CONNECTION ERROR.

I am using Win7 have have the latest HTC drives installed.[I did not install HTC Sense though].

Am I doing something wrong?? Is the RUU right??

Cheers,
Amit

Last edited:

13th Dev

May 23, 2012
Indore, India
Hey Guys,

I am not sure which RUU to use to downgrade. My mobile was bought in Sweden. but the mother board was changed in India. I want to know how do i find out the REGION/BAND of the software existing on my phone. The version numbers on my phone are:

kernel version
2.6.35.10-ga76c374
software number
Android Version
HTC Sense Version
baseband version
20.4801.30.0822U_3822.10.08.04_M

Also after Step 5

the phone just shows the white "HTC logo quietly brilliant" flashing.

any ways i proceeded to the next step and
adb shell gave me #.

I change the misc version
So far so good.

I tried to flash RUU_Saga_HTC_Europe_1.28.401.1_Radio_20.28b.30.0805U_38.03.02.11_M_release_177977_signed. But it gives me ERROR[171]: USB CONNECTION ERROR.

I am using Win7 have have the latest HTC drives installed.[I did not install HTC Sense though].

Am I doing something wrong?? Is the RUU right??

Cheers,
Amit

Well even I am a newbie, but I have gone through a lot of posts regarding downgrading the HBOOT, I think you are using the wrong RUU, I even read somewhere that. 702 in your software number stands for India, so I recommend u download the RUU of Indian region.

chninkel

Jan 7, 2010
Hey Guys,

I am not sure which RUU to use to downgrade. My mobile was bought in Sweden. but the mother board was changed in India. I want to know how do i find out the REGION/BAND of the software existing on my phone.

Cheers,
Amit

- Reboot bootloader
- connect phone to PC, it should show fastboot on screen
- issue this command:

fastboot getvar cidnum

- Check the list in attachment

Attachments

• CIDNUM_list.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: userdesires
May 6, 2012
I bought my phone in Germany and it has the o2 branding. I guess o2 uk is the same? But which RUU should I use?

RUU_Saga_O2_UK_1.31.206.1_Radio_20.28b.30.0805U_38.03.02.14_M_release_178935_signed.exe
or
RUU_Saga_O2_UK_1.31.206.2_R_Radio_20.28b.30.0805U_38.03.02.14_M_release_180220_signed.exe

My phone:
Hboot 2.00.0002
Android 2.3.5
Software 2.13.206.1
Kernel 2.6.35.10

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This method works for software version 2.11 and above and doesn't work for version 2.10 below.. Please use zegRush if this doesn't work for you.

FOR PHONES THAT ARE NOT ROOTED

Note: For locked bootloaders only. Do not use Htc dev prior to using this guide.

First thanks to:

1. mtothearkus
    2.petarpLab..
    3.jcase for TacoRoot..
    4. amidabuddha
    5.zryvffn (misc_version_universal)

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT MAY HAPPEN TO YOUR DEVICE..

This was tested on latest OTA ASIA 2.15.xx with latest Hboot 2.00.0002.
    Latest 2.15 cannot be rooted with zegRush so did some research..

Things Needed:

1.tacoroot
    2.misc_version (download attachments below)
    3.OLDEST RUU for your "REGION/ BRAND".. i repeat, specific region to avoid customer ID error.
    4. adb (you know how it works)
    5. phone in USB debugging mode.

STEPS:
    1. download tacoroot and misc and put all files in your desired directory.
    2. Run terminal and change location to where you files are.
    3. now type:

Code:
    adb push tacoroot.bin /data/local/tmp/tacoroot
    adb push misc_version /data/local/tmp/

4.After pushing all the files, run tacoroot by typing:

Code:
    adb shell 
    chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/*
    /data/local/tmp/tacoroot --setup

5. After this commands your phone "REBOOT" the phone to recovery. Now press vol up then power then REBOOT to boot the phone normally. Wait till it boots completely and then type:

Code:
    adb shell
    /data/local/tmp/tacoroot --root

6.This command will gets you out of adb shell.. so we need to get back to adb shell and you will see "#" sign..meaning you are temp rooted and we can then proceed to changing MISC_VERSION:

Code:
    adb shell
    cd /data/local/tmp
    ./misc_version -s 1.27.405.6

7. After its done you can now flash your "REGION/ BRAND specific RUU".
    8. After your done with RUU. Proceed to http://revolutionary.io..

Happy Flashing ;)

FOR ROOTED PHONES
    *Proceed with:

STEP 3
    STEP 6
    STEP 7
    STEP 8
    -Done

*Added misc_version_universal thanks to zryvffn
    This does work, if any one is getting error such as Error Opening Back up file etc, try using misc_version_universal to avoid such errors.

here is what i did and worked for me.

followed the steps as outlined.

The oldest RUU from my provider that i could find RUU_Saga_Telstra_WWE_1.36.841.3_Radio_20.28d.30.08 05U_3805.04.02.01_M_release_184558_signed.exe.

followed the process completely and then on the part where you change version number this is what i used:

adb shell
    cd /data/local/tmp
    ./misc_version -s 1.36.841.3 (Same number as my RUU)

i did try using 1.27.*** but i got an error on RUU 140 Boot loader error. i don't know if it was my mistake somewhere or not but i tried twice and i got the same error but thought of giving a last go by changing version number to what i had in RUU and worked.

i have attached the universal misc version if anyone wants to use.

Thanks Guys for all the support.

Cheers!
    The only guide I've seen for hboot 2.02.0002 is this one:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2183380

Not very nicely formatted, I think, but all the steps you need are there
    Software : 2.10.401.8
    Kernel: 2.6.35.10
    Non-branded, lastest firmware.
    Late I´ll try factory reset.

Zergrush method from mtothearkus's thread should work for you
    1. You dont need the command "rm". Because you already reset to factory. By using rm means you remove existing files in the system..
    2. Yes you can flash RUU because youve change the misc version.. you dont need to get rooted to flash RUU.. you temp root just to push the misc version. When you reboot.. temp root will be gone and yes you can still flash RUU because youve done the essential misc version change.
    3. You making things much more complicated.
    4. Read post. Again..this is VERSION 2.. zegRush has the similar guide..
    5. Never advice anyone to pull battery out when flashing RUU.. you may brick the device.
    6. The zegrush method has been linked on the first page..
    7. Youre post seem irrelevant to this thread.. better post this in zegrush guide..

He seems to have posted it in both the threads...:confused:

And i agree, his version sounds very complicated and messy, like machinery held together by glue... I like your instructions better...clear and precise.