4.3 in December?

Search This thread

ricecake2000

Jun 2, 2012
Geeze I'm going to get a nexus 5 and be up .3 levels ha.

Probably will show up on Dec 31 at 11:58 so its technically before the end of the year

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Trooper Thorn

Jan 28, 2009
I think Phandroid is off base here. Jason Mackenzie's tweet mentions the T-Mobile HTC One specifically, not the DNA. Then @AndrewGriffitt asks when the DNA will get its update, and Mackenzie responds with the December time frame, but nowhere does he mention that it will be 4.3. The DNA's update is 4.2 (4.2.2?) according to what we've last heard from Verizon, and now it sounds like that update won't come till December.

Am I reading this wrong? Or should I be expecting 4.3 now?

Last edited:
Reactions: jhurst747

Shadowstare

May 9, 2009
I think Phandroid is off base here. Jason Mackenzie's tweet mentions the T-Mobile HTC One specifically, not the DNA. Then @AndrewGriffitt asks when the DNA will get its update, and Mackenzie responds with the December time frame, but nowhere does he mention that it will be 4.3. The DNA's update is 4.2 (4.2.2?) according to what we've last heard from Verizon, and now it sounds like that update won't come till December.

Am I reading this wrong? Or should I be expecting 4.3 now?

I think @jasonmacHTC mentioned in earlier tweets that the next update for the DNA will be the 4.2 update w/ Sense 5.0. I don't think there is an ETA on the 4.3 update with Sense 5.5. I think that's HTC's plan (based on rumors I've read)....eventually, but it definitely won't be this year. This year, its all about 4.2 and Sense 5.0

Last edited:

donsmith1964

Aug 5, 2013
Big Red

I think HTC would slap 4.3 on it today if Verizon would let them. Verizon has to add Navigator and all that other stuff. Look at the ONE. Verizon is the last to update. I've learned that updates don't come with Verizon. I don't root my phones so I just live with what I bought. If I happen to get an update then that's all the better. Verizon still lists this phone at $199. They treat it like a flip phone.

antdog24

Nov 9, 2011
North Jersey
it's pretty basic really. Verizon is in the phone business, they want to sell phones and contracts. If they update our phones to the latest and greatest well then we wouldn't want to change our phones every two years. Android is basically the same across all phones minus the hardware and camera tweaks. So I'm running Sense 5 on my phone and I have access to features that are only on the HTC One like Zoe... Why would I swap my phone for a One at this point? I wouldn't.... see my point? Can't really blame Verizon for their business model. So we root and load ports and AOSP ROMs to get the latest features Verizon refuses to provide so they can make a few extra phone sales and extend some contracts.

Trooper Thorn

Jan 28, 2009
I'm still only going to expect a 4.2/4.2.2 update with some iteration of Sense 5 by the year's end (hopefully). Until some new information comes to light anyway.

I also fully expect that to be the final OTA of any significance for this phone, knowing Verizon.

it's pretty basic really. Verizon is in the phone business, they want to sell phones and contracts. If they update our phones to the latest and greatest well then we wouldn't want to change our phones every two years. Android is basically the same across all phones minus the hardware and camera tweaks. So I'm running Sense 5 on my phone and I have access to features that are only on the HTC One like Zoe... Why would I swap my phone for a One at this point? I wouldn't.... see my point? Can't really blame Verizon for their business model. So we root and load ports and AOSP ROMs to get the latest features Verizon refuses to provide so they can make a few extra phone sales and extend some contracts.

I would rather have a faster processor with more RAM than a 2 year old phone running the newest version of Android. I'll take speed over a revamped app drawer anyday. An update to Android (yipeee!) isnt going to make me want to hang on to an old phone at the rate that this cell phone technology improves. I wouldnt swap my DNA for a One either. But for a LG G2, a Note 3, a One Max, maybe!

" So we root and load ports and AOSP ROMs to get the latest features Verizon refuses to provide so they can make a few extra phone sales and extend some contracts."

Exactly. It's Verizon's genius business model that fuels all of this, or a lot of it anyway.

antdog24

Nov 9, 2011
North Jersey
I would rather have a faster processor with more RAM than a 2 year old phone running the newest version of Android. I'll take speed over a revamped app drawer anyday. An update to Android (yipeee!) isnt going to make me want to hang on to an old phone at the rate that this cell phone technology improves. I wouldnt swap my DNA for a One either. But for a LG G2, a Note 3, a One Max, maybe!

" So we root and load ports and AOSP ROMs to get the latest features Verizon refuses to provide so they can make a few extra phone sales and extend some contracts."

Exactly. It's Verizon's genius business model that fuels all of this, or a lot of it anyway.

But even the technology spread to the phones you mention are not that far off the hardware we already have. I think we will start to see a small plateau on hardware improvement for a little while until new architecture comes out like 64bit processors (like the iPhone 5s) So at this point software and camera features will start to be the real selling point for phones

But even the technology spread to the phones you mention are not that far off the hardware we already have. I think we will start to see a small plateau on hardware improvement for a little while until new architecture comes out like 64bit processors (like the iPhone 5s) So at this point software and camera features will start to be the real selling point for phones

I see what your saying. I guess I just miss the days when every year you could look forward to something new. That and I've always been the type of person that wants the latest and greatest, within reason of course, not one of these I-sheep standing in line for a new I-phone, or paying too much as a early adopter. Lol.

When my Droid X's contract was up last October, it seemed like a dinosaur in comparison to what was out, the S3 being the cream at the time. Then when I heard about the DNA I was hyped. 1080p, wireless charging, great processor, etc. I got it for $120 online and was happy as heck. Still seems quick and the video looks superb.

Top Liked Posts