Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Feb 10, 2011
jrodriguez5.protecturl.info
yay haha. for real though if you need someone to test pm me and ill help. ill do anything to keep this phone alive haha

well the current port of Miui isn't really test worthy since the launcher doesn't work it just shows up black and the whole ui is in landscape for some odd reason. radio doesn't work so no data/calling/sms/mms etc...

i think i've figured out the lewa root problem just gotta test it later. and also fixed the signal bars always showing full on the lewa rom.

robert anderson

Mar 2, 2011
well the current port of Miui isn't really test worthy since the launcher doesn't work it just shows up black and the whole ui is in landscape for some odd reason. radio doesn't work so no data/calling/sms/mms etc...

i think i've figured out the lewa root problem just gotta test it later. and also fixed the signal bars always showing full on the lewa rom.

haha good.

idreamer24

Jan 29, 2011
Runs great, thanks for porting it over. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get my 3G to start up no matter how many times i press the circle.

Feb 10, 2011
Runs great, thanks for porting it over. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get my 3G to start up no matter how many times i press the circle.

could be a few things
make sure mobile data is enabled
are you in an area where 3G is available?
do you still have service?

whatever the case i may have a fix but im unable to test it since my droid is unavailable for testing at the moment but if you'd like ill send you a link for a test build later when i upload it.

idreamer24

Jan 29, 2011
I checked those just to make sure and yeah no dice. I flashed a different ROM to check 3G and i was able to get a connection. I'd be more than willing to test it. No rush though

manuski

Sep 7, 2010
As the title says this is a port of the JOY OS ROM for the Motorola Droid 1.

Working:
Calling, Data, Wifi, MMS, etc are working as far as i know

Tweaks:
Render UI With GPU
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=150
Video Acceleration Enabled
debug.performance.tuning=1
Disabled Sending Usage Data
Deeper Sleep/Better battery life
Ringing Starts Immediately
NetSpeed Tweaks

Bugs:
There is a glitch when long pressing the home button where everything except the switcher goes upside down [Fixed]
To enable 3G you must go to Settings > Operators > APNs > tap the circle next to Verizon a few times till you see the 3G icon. (This has to be done every reboot) [Fixed]
Signal might not read correctly for some*

Additional Info:
I ported this rom for virgin mobile so there were some framework mods i had to undo and im not sure if everything will work for verizon users.
Also note that I just used a guide here on XDA to port.
If you are on a different carrier such as cricket or metro pcs and need to edit apn settings do all your edits but leave the field "APN Type" blank so you won't lose 3G but you'll still have MMS

Link:
www.mediafire.com/?bxuoq5wf6zo8c4m

UPDATE:
Instead of uploading the whole ROM and you guys wiping and reflashing here's the updated framework.jar place it in your system/framework folder using a root file browser and set permissions. this should get 3G to autoconnect on boot and fix the upside down multitasking screen. Signal bars are still not working though.
http://www.mediafire.com/?soo1mxcjhbx31xe

Can you show how to install the update file in framework better because I can't seem to get 3g and the upside task correct. I think I checked every permission to see what is what and still nothing. And yes I went to the apn with the Verizon circle. Still no 3g. Thanks

D1 milestoner

manuski

Sep 7, 2010
Is this Rom dead? I still wasn't able to get the 3g ands task killer working properly with the update. I don't know how permissions are set
D1 milestones

Feb 10, 2011
Is this Rom dead? I still wasn't able to get the 3g ands task killer working properly with the update. I don't know how permissions are set
D1 milestones

use rootexplorer to change permissions or a similar program.
ill upload a rom with the changes if you still can't get it working

edit:

uploaded an updated version of the rom with beats audio

Last edited:

Nate456

Apr 13, 2012
i stopped working on it since i no longer have a working Droid. I have an HTC Evo 3D now.
The Rom boots but the Launcher doesn't work so i used a different one. there are lots of FC's and a weird rotation bug

Man I am liking MIUI too.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As the title says this is a port of the JOY OS ROM for the Motorola Droid 1.

Working:
    Calling, Data, Wifi, MMS, etc are working as far as i know

Tweaks:
    Render UI With GPU
    windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=150
    Video Acceleration Enabled
    debug.performance.tuning=1
    Disabled Sending Usage Data
    Deeper Sleep/Better battery life
    Ringing Starts Immediately
    NetSpeed Tweaks

Bugs:
    There is a glitch when long pressing the home button where everything except the switcher goes upside down [Fixed]
    To enable 3G you must go to Settings > Operators > APNs > tap the circle next to Verizon a few times till you see the 3G icon. (This has to be done every reboot) [Fixed]
    Signal might not read correctly for some*

Additional Info:
    I ported this rom for virgin mobile so there were some framework mods i had to undo and im not sure if everything will work for verizon users.
    Also note that I just used a guide here on XDA to port.
    If you are on a different carrier such as cricket or metro pcs and need to edit apn settings do all your edits but leave the field "APN Type" blank so you won't lose 3G but you'll still have MMS

Link [OLD]
    www.mediafire.com/?bxuoq5wf6zo8c4m

UPDATE:
    Instead of uploading the whole ROM and you guys wiping and reflashing here's the updated framework.jar place it in your system/framework folder using a root file browser and set permissions. this should get 3G to autoconnect on boot and fix the upside down multitasking screen. Signal bars are still not working though.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?soo1mxcjhbx31xe

UPDATE V2
    Changes:
    Added Beats Audio with ALSA
    Removed DSP Manger and added AudioFX widget Note:use the AudioFX widget included for a better beats experience.
    Updated Framwork to fix the upside down task killer and 3G should now auto-connect (it does for me anyway)
    removed FM radio apk since it doesn't work.

Link V2
    http://www.mediafire.com/?0fmbyh0r745cd74
    the only thing ive noticed that doesnt work is the fm radio but i dont even know if that can work haha

oops forgot to remove the fm radio apk lol. it won't work since our phone doesn't have radio.