[AVAILABILITY THREAD] This Is The Official Thread For Availability For All Nations.

Search This thread

O_G

Retired Senior Moderator / Retired ET Admin
Jul 8, 2007
Availability Thread

This thread has been created to give everybody the opportunity to share availability information. I am aware we have ones for different countries, but its looking like we will have one for every nation soon. These will be closed and further opening of such thread will also be closed. I really dont like the segregation of different countries as they often turn out to be "exclusive" discussion threads. XDA is all about a international community so i really dont want this forum to go against that ethos.

So lets all share that international spirit:)

Please only discuss availability in this thread, we now have sticky threads for off topic, reviews etc. This has been done to pool information for all users, hopefully making it a better place for all. I hope this has cleared up any questions.

EDIT: Do not post about moderation issues, these should be handled by PM​

Last edited:
Reactions: MrChaosDesire

vinaymonu25

May 30, 2011
Availability Thread

This thread has been created to give everybody the opportunity to share availability information. I am aware we have ones for different countries, but its looking like we will have one for every nation soon. These will be closed and further opening of such thread will also be closed. I really dont like the segregation of different countries as they often turn out to be "exclusive" discussion threads. XDA is all about a international community so i really dont want this forum to go against that ethos.

So lets all share that international spirit:)

Please only discuss availability in this thread, we now have sticky threads for off topic, reviews etc. This has been done to pool information for all users, hopefully making it a better place for all. I hope this has cleared up any questions.​
does that mean we can discuss pricing too ? or we have to discuss only about availability?

Reactions: MrChaosDesire

shamps

Jan 25, 2011
So any one from India got it over the counter on a retail shop???

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app

Last edited by a moderator:

O_G

Retired Senior Moderator / Retired ET Admin
Jul 8, 2007
so my post is deleted for giving a suggestion ?? great

Please read the OP. It was off topic for this thread, moderating issues should be handled by PM.

I am sorry some users are not happy about this decision, i am just trying to whats best for the community, now please no more about it in this thread.

Last edited:

dryspuri

Oct 15, 2009
Chennai
So any one from India got it over the counter on a retail shop???

so my post is deleted for giving a suggestion ?? great

mods.. why not make it a constructive decision instead of deleting my post...

anyway.. im not getting involved.. thanks all

Guys drop it Lets resume our discussion, leave the mods alone!! They are doing correct job and we are international. let us resume our talk!!:angel:

MiguelHogue

Jun 9, 2012
Washington,DC
Since pricing discussion is fine

Is it safe to say that the note 2..will be $200-$300 when available on us carriers under contract? Just curious trying to get a general idea

-TeaM VeNuM Like A Boss

MiguelHogue

Jun 9, 2012
Washington,DC
sounds about right but for contract little less, myself having 3 lines due for upgrade this month and next month, the upgrade price offering from ATT will be nice and afforable IMHO :)

I'm for sure going the contract route... And lol Damn, you're lucky.. I'm not due for an upgrade until another year.. No experience with selling on ebay, guess I shall sell this galaxy s2 back to sprint and apply that towards the contract price

Better then nothing :eek:

-TeaM VeNuM Like A Boss

Reactions: Clark Joseph Kent

daz_2000

May 26, 2011
London
It seems to me that the mods are on a power trip in this forum! Relax with the thread closing. It's a forum for god sake.

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
It seems to me that the mods are on a power trip in this forum! Relax with the thread closing. It's a forum for god sake.

Sir, Please read the OP and try to understand...

BTW it is a Development Forum, feel lucky OT and this thread are avail for you, believe me relaxation is at it's most. Thank You ;)

j89

Oct 2, 2012
Ideally I would like to argue. But, I think people from India should just take these discussions to an India forum rather than xda.

dryspuri

Oct 15, 2009
Chennai
Okay thank you MODS, My indian friends, can you please help me with availability of grey in pune, also people who have earlier ordered from eBAY DO WE HAVE TO PAY octroi in pune PCMC specifically!!! please aswer today as i want to buy it today only so that i can claim free gift from ebay!! nokia asha

Guys please help me with this, do i have to pay octroi in PCMC, anyoNe From PCMC, i need to order today from ebay

sumeshd

Nov 5, 2010
Mumbai
Hello,
we the members of Xda have been facing a problem with opening a official Indian owners thread on the new opened galaxy note 2 forum..
The thread has been created 3 times in past 2 days and have been closed by the newly assigned mods in the forum..
I request you on behalf of all the people from India that this thread be created or reopened (i didn't know who else to turn to as I have requested the mods there several times)
Why u keep closing thread when this types of thread have kept on existing and are running without any problem on many other threads..
What the mods exactly want the title/content is not being cleared..
Here are some thread that are running since the launch of that phone till today without being closed/problem

http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1588700

http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1623525

http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1570507

This are just some phones I owned and their threads I used on daily basis..
Why problem only in note 2 thread..

Either specify what exactly the title/content should be or reasons why threads are being closed only here..
We find problems and difficulties finding latest stores, prices, availability, contacts of owners, and it would be really appreciated if thread be kept exited/reopened..
Thanking you..

Sent to broncogr, _Alex_ and senior moderators and moderator panel and this thread specific moderator..

Please understand and reopen or let a new thread be created..

Thanking you..

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

Anyone got it in Delhi??

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

j89

Oct 2, 2012
@sumeshd I don't even understand why you guys are pursuing this so much. Create a thread on a friendlier forum, post the link and be done with it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think all these mods are Racist!!! They have a problem just because it is Indians doing that. Shame on you.
    I just registered to post this.

And I just banned you for posting that...

This has gone long enough...

Listen, and listen well because I will only say this ONCE.

We are not racist nor do we have an issue with threads like the ones you want created. Having said that, Creating Nationality based threads does create a segregationist atmosphere throughout xda.

This place is a color-blind, religion-blind, nationality-blind forum, where we do not discriminate against ANYONE for ANYTHING (sex, sexual orientation, religion, ethinicity, political preference, etc). Creating threads such as "[country] Official Discussion Thread" is not something that is required to talk about devices that may be country specific. You could (and this is to counter the argument from above regarding the specs, availability, etc), instead of creating a "Country" specific thread, you could create a "DEVICE" specific thread. Guess what? Devices with different specs will have different model names and will be available in different places. No need to create a thread about Country specific talk when the forum is for device specific talk.

Were you even aware of the existence of the Social Groups feature on this site, which was specifically added to prevent this exact kind of situation?? In fact, if I am not mistaken, there is an Indian only social group which has been around since the days of WM.

Want to go to MoDaCo to create these threads? Be my guest, I have nothing against you leaving or against Paul opening up a sub forum for a specific device. If the other 100 people who agree with you also leave, then so be it as well. I am not holding a grudge if they chose to follow your lead. Sheeple will be sheeple after all. However, (and this is the reason why I am actually pissed) raising the race card does absolutely no good to ANYONE and in fact it just breeds more hatred between people. Just like I did with the person above, I will outright permanently ban ANYONE in this site, regardless of status, who brings up the race card in such a manner. People coming from ALL OVER THE WORLD in here have cooperated for almost 10 years for stupidity like this to flare up, and I will not allow anyone to compromise the foundations of this site with stupid racial-hatred half baked theories.

Want to create your thread? Go right ahead, I will not prevent you from doing it, but regardless of your motivation, it creates clutter whether you want to accept it or not, and thus it creates more trouble and a large workload for our moderators. In fact, one of the threads that I was pointed at earlier today (GS2 Indian owners thread, I believe)... I have NEVER seen a thread that has been acted on as much as that without being a development thread.

If the moderators in charge of this sub forum stated that no threads like this would be allowed, then I am sorry to burst your bubble, but you cannot create them. And by doing so, regardless of your motives, you are effectively breaking site rules.
    Well I've a simple and straight brain (call me an amateur/noob or whatever) and it tells me that a single thread with all people from all over the world will create more clutter than 5/6 several zone specific threads. And in case someone ruins that single thread it'll be closed and other members will suffer for no reason.
    And if it's all about development or civilised mannerism, then may I ask how some topics are alive with bashing other brands in silly language and manner and no one is bothered about it?
    Give me an infraction for this message, I'll be happily accepting it.

Sent from my GT-I9100
    Racist Racist Racist!!

I think all these mods are Racist!!! They have a problem just because it is Indians doing that. Shame on you.
    I just registered to post this.
    I would ask all to remember XDA is a worldwide community. Enough of My country's thread or My country's this and that....please we are International. Thank You all.
    What a ridiculous idea, xda has a terrible search facility, and the app is even worse. No useful information will be extractable from this thread. National threads make much more sense. Inclusiveness is important, but over functionality and practicality I think not. If there are 50 places in each region that sell the product each with 3 or more options that is enough information to track in a thread, whereas multiplying that by 30 regions is frankly idiotic. Just wait for 7105 prices to emerge too.

As a tip to those in the EU, you will often find places like Germany have slightly lower prices. Its worth a look at other nation's Amazon sites. Unfortunately postage and the loss of a physical reseller stores to return faulty products does often negate the price difference.