724 posts
Thanks Meter: 253

By fishingfon, Senior Member on 25th November 2012, 12:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th November 2012, 04:55 PM |#31  
Flag Cardiff
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Forcing GPU in dev settings seems to help lag for me ( still have multi user set up) , any disadvantages of this?

Storage nearing full also a factor I think, shouldnt be but seems that way.

Sent from my Nexus 7
26th November 2012, 04:59 PM |#32  
Flag Freehold, New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 278

More
Forever gone is the solution after doing the above I downloaded forever gone ran it and BAM its smooth as budda!

from my SGS3 while my nexus 7 rests
26th November 2012, 05:06 PM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 1,481

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkmaracas

Forcing GPU in dev settings seems to help lag for me
Sent from my Nexus 7

Placebo effect.

Best solution is still to not install 4.2, it's the Windows ME of Android... Why spend all this time figuring out how to make an OS run correctly? It should have done it out of the box.. 4.2 is trash..
26th November 2012, 05:23 PM |#34  
Flag Cardiff
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Maybe accusations of placebo effect are a placebo effect..

Have had major lagginess and its better for me after force gpu is on. only other change I made was to delete some pics.

Seems the source of lags are numerous. Multi user, free space, apps playing up etc. So there is no one fix, just reporting my findings.

calls of 'placebo' and 'just roll back' are a little unnecessary and not v enlightening!

Sent from my Nexus 7
The Following User Says Thank You to bkmaracas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bkmaracas Ad-Free
26th November 2012, 05:44 PM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
I confirm that this solution fixes most of the issues that I experienced since 4.2. Used to be slow as hell : waking up the device could take up to 30 seconds, buttons would freeze for 5 or 10, launching an app would also take forever, and I couldn't count the ANR anymore etc... Now device is running as smoothly as it was on 4.1. Still experiencing the weird issues with lockscreen/homescreen mainly put this is pretty minor compared to the huge lag.

Thanks !
26th November 2012, 06:12 PM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kouray

I confirm that this solution fixes most of the issues that I experienced since 4.2. Used to be slow as hell : waking up the device could take up to 30 seconds, buttons would freeze for 5 or 10, launching an app would also take forever, and I couldn't count the ANR anymore etc... Now device is running as smoothly as it was on 4.1. Still experiencing the weird issues with lockscreen/homescreen mainly put this is pretty minor compared to the huge lag.

Thanks !

Which solution? The OP's solution? Forever gone app solution? Force GPU solution?
26th November 2012, 07:35 PM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcoaster

Which solution? The OP's solution? Forever gone app solution? Force GPU solution?

OP solution (disable Currents sync)
26th November 2012, 07:46 PM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hopefully this doesn't get buried, but disabling sync didn't do the trick for me. I had to disable sync, clear cache, delete data and disable for my nexus to return to how it had performed before

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
26th November 2012, 10:25 PM |#39  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Knock on wood but things are great now after trying the "forever gone" app. Buttery smooth again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
26th November 2012, 10:43 PM |#40  
Flag Vancouver, BC
Thanks Meter: 1,946

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkmaracas

Maybe accusations of placebo effect are a placebo effect..

Have had major lagginess and its better for me after force gpu is on. only other change I made was to delete some pics.

Seems the source of lags are numerous. Multi user, free space, apps playing up etc. So there is no one fix, just reporting my findings.

calls of 'placebo' and 'just roll back' are a little unnecessary and not v enlightening!

Sent from my Nexus 7

It actually is placebo.
All force GPU rendering does is literally "force" the gpu to render graphics on apps that don't already have it enabled. Which every app virtually does. I believe android has it on by default now so devs actually have to turn it off in their app if they don't want it. All of the Android OS already uses GPU rendering

Hope this clarifies :thumbup:

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to notsointeresting For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift notsointeresting Ad-Free
26th November 2012, 11:25 PM |#41  
Flag Freehold, New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 278

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by styckx

Placebo effect.

Best solution is still to not install 4.2, it's the Windows ME of Android... Why spend all this time figuring out how to make an OS run correctly? It should have done it out of the box.. 4.2 is trash..

That's bs. Between the current setting and the aforementioned app my nexus 7. Is smooth

from my SGS3 while my nexus 7 rests
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)