[GUIDE] Downgrade from 3.13 (Sense 3.0) roms

Search This thread

jigners

Apr 27, 2009
Swansea
unless there is a novice friendly simply guide on reverting from Sense 3.0 update
from HTC, there will be a lot of untapped device owners out here who are stuck
with Sense 3.0.

Also has an S-off been achieved for the 3.13.161.3 Sense 3.0 Stock ROM?

kosmasgr

I cant run commands. Any help ?

Attachments

• Cmd.jpg
    Cmd.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 750

Banana.Pancake

Jan 21, 2011
I've got infinite bootloops after the command

adb shell
/data/local/tmp/tacoroot --root

I got the logo with the red triangle after --setup. I removed my battery and rebooted my phone manually, I did the --root commands and now, I get infinite bootloops...

Someone can help me please?

Last edited:

TronC

May 7, 2009
Groningen
OnePlus 5T
1.32 PD98IMG.zip = RUU_Ace_HTC_WWE_1.24.405.1_Radio_12.27.60.14b_26.02.00.29_M4_release_151852_signed.zip ???
cause thats what i'm downloading when hitting the 1.32 PD98IMG.zip link.
So instead of typing 1.32 PD98IMG.zip in cmd, just type over the downloaded .zip file??

Thanks in advance

A

Aron Fridrik

How often will it bootloop after pushing the root command ?

A

Aron Fridrik

ok I did this yesterday and there are a few things that are missing from the guide.

Before using tacoroot you have to go into recovery at least once since your last factory data reset. Then you can use the setup command.

My phone did not bootloop after that.

Use the PD98IMG.zip from this thread because there's something wrong with the one in this guide and it took hours to download. Not to mention that the guide doesn't tell you that you have too rename the zip file.

Use this then to make your phone S-OFF.

Thanks for the guide. I couldn't have done this without it. That said the guide isn't perfect and you should be able to do this using this extra piece of info :)

Last edited:

zerodi

Jun 4, 2010
cebu, ph
Hi Guys, I got another DHD 2nd hand and I have no idea if it was on Froyo or GB prior to upgrading to Sense 3.0

ACE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.00.0027
MICROP-0438
RADIO-26.14.04.28_M
eMMC-boot
sep 7 2011, 19:06:24

Any advice would be great, also can I use gfree to Simfree/unlock the device ?

tina26

Apr 18, 2009
not turn on

durin installation pd98img.zip dhd is turned off
after 10 min it turned on but hanged on htc logo and vibrate continuesly
help plz :(

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

durin installation pd98img.zip dhd is turned off
after 10 min it turned on but hanged on htc logo and vibrate continuesly
help plz :(

ReyTech

Mar 16, 2006
hi
iam getting this error after this command
adb shell
cd /data/local/tmp
./misc_version -s 1.00.000.0

"--set_version set. VERSION will be changed to: 1.00.000.0
Patching and backing up misc partition...
Error opening input file.
$"

can u pls tell me why?
wbr
ReyTech

Last edited:

georgebontea

Nov 22, 2007
bricked?

This guide is for phones shipped with froyo and updated to the 3.x firmware! For phones shipped with gingerbread (even the lower versions) please read attn1's posts in this thread!

With the Sense 3.0 upgrade HTC patched against fre3vo, so we can no longer temproot to use misc_version on that firmware. Lucky us, a new exploit was issued @rootzwiki. This exploit was tested at #g2root (freenode) and was able to temproot a 3.13.161.3 firmware version.
The usual disclaimer applies: Everything you do is your responsibility, no one can be held accountable for the state you put your phone into.
If you meet troubles search for help at IRC: freenode, #g2root

What you need:

tacoroot
misc_version NOTE: you need THAT version of misc_version. Earlier versions would not work.
flashgc for a goldcard
1.32 PD98IMG.zip

put all files in your platform-tools directory (unzip misc_version and tacoroot.sh)

Code:
adb push tacoroot.sh /data/local/tmp/tacoroot
adb push misc_version /data/local/tmp/
adb push flashgc /data/local/tmp/
adb push PD98IMG.zip /sdcard/
NOTE: the last command will take a long time

After all files are pushed you have to run tacoroot:
Code:
adb shell 
chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/*
/data/local/tmp/tacoroot --setup
This command will reboot the phone to recovery. Once it is done, use vol up/power then choose 'reboot' to reboot the phone. After it boots (it will bootloop, that's expected):
Code:
adb shell
this command will kick you out of adb shell, so we need to return there and see the # sign of root access, after which we can change the main version and create a goldcard:
Code:
adb shell
cd /data/local/tmp
./flashgc
./tacoroot --undo
After these commands are done, the phone should get rebooted by tacoroot. After it boots, boot to bootloader to flash the 1.32 firmware:
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
Once in bootloader, use the vol buttons to go to 'bootloader' and the power button to execute. The rom will flash. Enjoy!

Credits:
the tacoroot team
skorgon for flashgc
Donate to RevSkills and EFF!

hi,

thank you detailing this for us newbies.

i have followed successfully all steps up to :

adb shell

DHD rebooted after this and it keeps rebooting eversince... don't know what i can do...
have i bricked it? would you be able to advise please?
thank you.

rwtelecom

Mar 6, 2011
guys can someone answer me if my build number is possible to use this tool? (3.13.720.2). been trying to use this tool repitedly but unfortunately i havent got any (#) sign instead ($).

kwartey

Aug 21, 2010
worcester
This guide is for phones shipped with froyo and updated to the 3.x firmware! For phones shipped with gingerbread (even the lower versions) please read attn1's posts in this thread!

With the Sense 3.0 upgrade HTC patched against fre3vo, so we can no longer temproot to use misc_version on that firmware. Lucky us, a new exploit was issued @rootzwiki. This exploit was tested at #g2root (freenode) and was able to temproot a 3.13.161.3 firmware version.
The usual disclaimer applies: Everything you do is your responsibility, no one can be held accountable for the state you put yourself and/or your phone into.

make sure your phone is in 'charge only' mode and the 'fast boot' feature is turned off.

What you need:

tacoroot
misc_version NOTE: you need THAT version of misc_version. Earlier versions would not work.
flashgc for a goldcard
1.32 PD98IMG.zip

put all files in your platform-tools directory (unzip misc_version and tacoroot.sh)

Code:

Code:
adb shell 
This command will reboot the phone to recovery. Once it is done, use vol up/power then choose 'reboot' to reboot the phone. After it boots (it will bootloop, that's expected):
Code:
adb shell
this command will kick you out of adb shell, so we need to return there and see the # sign of root access, after which we can change the main version and create a goldcard:
Code:
adb shell
cd /data/local/tmp
./flashgc
./tacoroot --undo
After these commands are done, the phone should get rebooted by tacoroot. After it boots, boot to bootloader to flash the 1.32 firmware:
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
Once in bootloader, use the vol buttons to go to 'bootloader' and the power button to execute. The rom will flash. Enjoy!

Credits:
the tacoroot team
skorgon for flashgc
Donate to RevSkills and EFF!

"put all files in your platform-tools directory (unzip misc_version and tacoroot.sh)"

please where can i find this directory. cos when i entered the first command, it displayed "no such file found in directory"

pascalbrax

Nov 15, 2010
What you need:

tacoroot
flashgc for a goldcard
1.32 PD98IMG.zip

Something is not clear to me.

When I click to download 1.32 PD98IMG.zip in fact I'm downloading RUU_Ace_HTC_WWE_1.24.405.1_Radio_12.27.60.14b_26.02.00.29_M4_release_151852_signed.zip (and it has an .exe inside)

I don't think my Android eats Windows MZ executables.

Did i miss one step here?

gamshid

Oct 29, 2007
Devices shipped with later gingerbread hboots don't boot properly when downgrading to the Froyo hboots. It can take up to 1/2 hour for a normal boot, and flashing RUUs generally fails. We first noticed this on Inspires. Note: This problem only seems to be occurring on devices SHIPPED with GB, not on any of those upgraded to GB.

You can fix if you can temproot, gfree to cycle emmc (even if you can't s-off yet) and dd a current hboot back to the phone. It's a pain in the ass, and I've seen a lot of them - now on some original DHDs and not just Inspires. We've been fixing hboots from downgrades from virtually every older method, including my own.

Since then, we've not done full downgrades - I flash the signed firmware.zip from a very early OTA. This downgrades radio, boot and recovery only - no hboot.

upon reboot:

• There is usb debugging support working
  • There is no video support for current GB roms - this is okay - we fix that later
  • The GB rom combined with the early froyo kernel will not allow gfree to set s-off, but it will allow emmc cycling, so I flash cwm with an early version kernel.
  • Reboot to recovery, and from there, mount system and data, run gfree to set s-off, supercid and sim unlock.
  • Once that's done, push a proper boot image, root files and correct wifi module back to the phone - again from recovery.

Here's the firmware.zip I have been using - no HBOOT - fortunately. http://tau.shadowchild.nl:/files/firmware.zip

So the GB ROM is never downgraded with an HBOOT that can do harm, gfree has done it's thing successfully, and no data is lost on most runs.

Sense 3 changes the picture entirely, as the downgrade firmware is incompatible. Those ROMS must be downgraded. But instead of going to Froyo for those shipped with GB, I strongly recommend downgrading to a 2.x Sense version of GB to avoid those booting issues.

I do not know WHY the newer devices don't work correctly with older hboots, but they don't. I suspect it's some firmware hook not impacted when we flash RUUs.

The WWE 2.50.405.2 RUU is perfectly rootable/s-off-able with the right custom recovery and the above firmware package. It's a popular build, so if we are using goldcard anyway, it's safest to just have everyone downgrade to that, or a comparable GB RUU supporting their own CID.

Hi,

unfortunately my phone was shipped with latest GB and i have downgraded my dhd to froyo and now i am getting exactly what you have mentioned here.

can you please tell me how to fix this. if a step by step procedure is there i will be very great full.

Thanks in advance

albalaji

Jan 2, 2005
No one answer this Question ...!!

My HTC Desire HD not boot and somthing wromg ..

If i can not go to setting to make sure MY phone is in 'charge only' mode and the 'fast
boot' feature is turned off.

Is there any way to do that through command line ?

tyanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTE: This guide is for phones shipped with froyo and updated to the 3.x firmware! For phones shipped with gingerbread (even the lower versions) please read attn1's posts in this thread!

The usual disclaimer applies: Everything you do is your responsibility, No one outside of you can be held accountable for any state you put yourself and/or your phone into. If you did not donate to EFF and rooting is illegal in you country, you should read this guide for intellectual purposes only (sorry dude/dudette).

make sure your phone is in 'charge only' mode and the 'fast boot' feature is turned off.

What you need:

tacoroot
    flashgc for a goldcard
    1.32 PD98IMG.zip

Code:

Code:
    adb shell 
    Code:
    adb shell
    this command will kick you out of adb shell, so we need to return there and see the # sign of root access, after which we can change the main version, create a goldcard and undo tacoroot to boot he phone normally:
    Code:
    adb shell
    cd /data/local/tmp
    ./flashgc
    ./tacoroot --undo
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

Credits:
    Guhl and Scotty2 - they made all this possible. Guhl created and coded misc_version and lots of other good stuff to make unlocking our phones doable and safe.
    the tacoroot team
    skorgon for flashgc
    Donate to EFF!!!!!! and RevSkills -
    EFF has the power to keep rooting/unlocking legal.
    revskills provides the goldcard solution and online goldcard creation.

Anti-credits:
    paul for visionary - among the worst things that happened to the vision community over the years.
    attn1, can you please elaborate further on that? The reason I link to the 1.32 rom is that it is perfectly and safely unlockable by gfree.

Devices shipped with later gingerbread hboots don't boot properly when downgrading to the Froyo hboots. It can take up to 1/2 hour for a normal boot, and flashing RUUs generally fails. We first noticed this on Inspires. Note: This problem only seems to be occurring on devices SHIPPED with GB, not on any of those upgraded to GB.

You can fix if you can temproot, gfree to cycle emmc (even if you can't s-off yet) and dd a current hboot back to the phone. It's a pain in the ass, and I've seen a lot of them - now on some original DHDs and not just Inspires. We've been fixing hboots from downgrades from virtually every older method, including my own.

Since then, we've not done full downgrades - I flash the signed firmware.zip from a very early OTA. This downgrades radio, boot and recovery only - no hboot.

upon reboot:

• There is usb debugging support working
    • There is no video support for current GB roms - this is okay - we fix that later
    • The GB rom combined with the early froyo kernel will not allow gfree to set s-off, but it will allow emmc cycling, so I flash cwm with an early version kernel.
    • Reboot to recovery, and from there, mount system and data, run gfree to set s-off, supercid and sim unlock.
    • Once that's done, push a proper boot image, root files and correct wifi module back to the phone - again from recovery.

Here's the firmware.zip I have been using - no HBOOT - fortunately. http://tau.shadowchild.nl:/files/firmware.zip

So the GB ROM is never downgraded with an HBOOT that can do harm, gfree has done it's thing successfully, and no data is lost on most runs.

Sense 3 changes the picture entirely, as the downgrade firmware is incompatible. Those ROMS must be downgraded. But instead of going to Froyo for those shipped with GB, I strongly recommend downgrading to a 2.x Sense version of GB to avoid those booting issues.

I do not know WHY the newer devices don't work correctly with older hboots, but they don't. I suspect it's some firmware hook not impacted when we flash RUUs.

The WWE 2.50.405.2 RUU is perfectly rootable/s-off-able with the right custom recovery and the above firmware package. It's a popular build, so if we are using goldcard anyway, it's safest to just have everyone downgrade to that, or a comparable GB RUU supporting their own CID.
    Thanks to all people having working on that!

just amazing!!!!!

thanks

BUT EDIT:

MY DHD stay on HTC green logo screen on rebooting :/

I have tried to unlock bootloader with fastboot not working, trying to use a RUU.exe...

Ohhh :D

Yes I think it's working now :D

So the hboot has been downgrade to 0.85 from 2.00

And I reboot on fastboot without sd card because of the PD98IMG then I put the sdcard on my phone

and I launch the RUU_Ace_HTC_WWE_1.24.405.1_Radio_12.27.60.14b_26.02.00.29_M4_release_151852_signed.exe

I am waiting for the green bar with HTC grey logo, and I back for editing!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!

ANDROID FROYO :D

EDIT 2:

I want to share with you my video!

If your phone don't boot, watch my video from 20:09

You must flash a RUU.exe, but this is a special instructions ;)

Thanks once again for this GUIDE ;)
    Really happy to see dev's putting tacoroot to use <3

Most up to date versions of tacoroot and burritoroot are opensourced here https://github.com/CunningLogic
    link to PD98IMG.zip is dead. Could you re upload it?
    Link to new PD98IMG-gb2.zip download is on "Flow-Wolf's" blog.
    PD98IMG-gb2.zip from said blog

Flow-Wolf if you dont like me linking it i will remove.
    BTW his tutorial worked im now downgraded and can start the fun. ;)
    Thanks again! :good: