2.2 Camcorder Fix

Search This thread

jimlimb95

Jun 4, 2010
Great work people. Works great on mix rom beta 4 + trip 2.2. Next step is usb tethering and mobile hotspot, right??? I hope so.

I think that to get mobile hotspot and usb tethering we need to modify the kernel which we will need a unlocked bootloader (which the x10 doesn't have)

Correct me if I am wrong :p

heathenlife

Sep 17, 2006
Vancouver
Wowie

OMG thank you thank you thank you thank you.

Those of you saying that barcode scanner isnt working will never be satisfied. They fixed the camcorder. Themselves.. And instead of saying thank you, you come here and spam and say that the barcode scanner isnt working?

This rom doesnt cure Cancer either, but you dont hear me whining about it..

Thank you Wolfbreak.. Really, you're frickin awesome..!!

omnikam

Dec 9, 2010
lismore
This is great news, and by quick inspection was archived by altering system files, ill compare to original and give you a report, great work wolf

lightyear420

Oct 16, 2010
Works great using CM6 ;)

No zoom or HD camera or video still, but I'm so glad we've got the camera working properly again!!

** no google goggles either **

Last edited:

agentJBM

Nov 30, 2010
Orlando
Is it just me or does zoom not work on the camera app for camera or camcorder? I got zoom for camera in viginette but not camcorder.

Just a tip for everyone

Use h264 instead mp4

Is muchh better and the file size is almost 33% less.

=)

How did you do that? It won't let me change the setting. I see someone else asked same question, but no answer.

tigermrk

Aug 17, 2010
Hull
Excellent. Thanks for this i was wondering if we would get a fix for this... my zoom dont work? Anyone else.. hope thats fixed and hd recording and i will be even happier with my x10..thanks again

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

abo999

Nov 23, 2008
Ha nice above poster! For barcode scanning use the app scan life from the market ;-)

Sent from my X10 using XDA Premium App

All well and good but when barcode scanner is the one that other apps leverage to read barcodes then it is a big deal for some people (including me).

No I'm not whining, I think Wolfbreak has done a top job getting it to record *something*! But I'll have to stay on a modded 2.1 for the time being...

Perets

Nov 7, 2010
Moscow
How did you do that? It won't let me change the setting. I see someone else asked same question, but no answer.
Turn on camera mode. Switch video quality to custom (second from left).
then you can change the codec at the last point settings.
but the effect will not be so super.. ;)

bbvg

Nov 15, 2008
Lille
www.bbvg.net
OMG thank you thank you thank you thank you.

Those of you saying that barcode scanner isnt working will never be satisfied. They fixed the camcorder. Themselves.. And instead of saying thank you, you come here and spam and say that the barcode scanner isnt working?

This rom doesnt cure Cancer either, but you dont hear me whining about it..

Thank you Wolfbreak.. Really, you're frickin awesome..!!

Me too, i would like to give Wolfbreak a pat on the back, or a donation if my temp agency finally gave me the €€€ they owe me... lool
It's by little steps like these that one day (i hope), we'll be able to use 2.2/2.3 ROMs for every day use.
BUT the title of this thread is innacurrate... When i see 'camcorder fix' i expect a fully-fonctionnal camcorder (=100% fixed). Here it's "only" 90%, and some of us, for one reason or another, need a fully-fonctionnal camcorder. I.E. scanlife doesn't work as well as prixing here in france... and prixing needs 100% functionnal... see what i mean?

Nevertheless, as i said, bravo to Wolfbreak and all devs at XDA. If it wasn't for u guys, i would seriously regret having bought this X10. Sorry for being such a b**ch, but you could say somewhere that this fix doesn't solve "ALL" problems ("only" 90% of them lol). To put it short, we're (you're) almost there, but not yet...

Again, bravo. I don't want to sound like i'm complaining or anything, I'm just saying that "camcorder fix (execpt HD/Barcode scanner)" would have been a more appropriate title...

Bwyan Benton

Jun 29, 2010
Windsor, Ontario
I've tested this video recording out....quality seems low although I'm getting 28fps. The bigger problem I'm having is the volume on playback is incredibly low. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks for the video recording, way better than video illusion. Were so close now :)

t-c

Dec 18, 2010
Sydney
I tried Vignette and works well on res. - high but found if you go to res. - custom then I get green screen.

agentJBM

Nov 30, 2010
Orlando
I am not a developer, but I found something interesting on SE developers website that seems like could be of use for implementing HD recording. It's called "How to implement HD recording for the X10 with Android Update 2.0x". I don't know if it's of any use without the bootloader cracked, but I thought I'd put it out there on the off chance some of you devs haven't seen it.

http://developer.sonyericsson.com/w...lehdvideorecordingforthexperiax10?cc=gb&lc=en

kaisan1

Feb 9, 2011
Vadodara

Can confirm it works with free x10 beta4... got to camcorder settings.. chose video quality as custom... then you can edit all the settings as you will... but i would suggest you to keep the focus continues.. video encoder h264 and then select video quality as wvga and choose the recording time as you wish.. you are done..!

HIT THANKS BUTTON IF HELPED IN
ANYWAY..!

Sent from my awesome X10i running freex10 beta4..
greenglow theme...using XDA premium App..

Reactions: Puzzlegirl

kaisan1

Feb 9, 2011
Vadodara
I've tested this video recording out....quality seems low although I'm getting 28fps. The bigger problem I'm having is the volume on playback is incredibly low. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks for the video recording, way better than video illusion. Were so close now :)

Same problem here.. very low sound output..

Sent from my awesome X10i running freex10 beta4..
greenglow theme...using XDA premium App..

daz_meh

Feb 5, 2009
Toronto
hey guys, excuse my n00biness... but how do you install this thing? i put it on my sd card and then went into xrecovery but cant install it as a custom zip. so I assume I'm supposed to use flashtool to do it?

can someone let me know? i've been waiting FOREVER for the vid cam to work and I hated the poor quality of videocam illusion

running: z's beta 4 2.2

Top Liked Posts