[NIGHTLIES] CyanogenMod 9 Discussion Thread

Search This thread

masiullah

Mar 22, 2012
Chicago
Because it's a proprietary app with proprietary resources which are not available (closed-source)

Same thing with ICS kernels, we could not do anything about them unless Samsung releases their sources or get an open source kernel, which can't be done for S-memo app

Does the button on s-pen work, I like the feature to navigate through screens using s-pen. also free note is a very good alternative for s memo.

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
You can hear people but they won't hear you.

It shouldn't be too hard to fix - I hope we'll sort it out for tomorrow.

Huh? Did some of my fixes somehow get reverted?

Microphone has been working for me since inclusion of http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/15196/

Speakerphone is busted though.

When I get home I need to chat with xplod to figure out why his build is behaving different from mine. In my case:
Non-speakerphone call audio is working
Speakerphone audio is nonfunctional (at least speakerphone mic)
Pen input works EXCEPT that when in landscape orientation, the x and y axis are swapped

xplod, did you build the kernel from the teamhacksung repo instead of the main cyanogenmod repo?

Last edited:

crualfoxhound

Mar 8, 2011
Can someone point me to the correct gapps for this cm9 experimental build please.
I wonder if mhl TV out works:)

hav0c

Dec 14, 2005
Amsterdam
In the next release, will we need to Full wipe everytime even if we still are on CM9 ?

-
Merci beaucoup pour ton travail, je te passe le bonjour de Lille :)

Probably not since you did not have to wipe when upgrading from previous CM9.

Quote from OP

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9:
- Copy CM9 ZIP to your internal SDCard
- Boot into Recovery
- Flash CM9 zip
- Wipe cache partition and dalvik-cache
- Reboot

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
hasnt even been an hour and the spen/sapps/smemo

will this have touchwiz questions are already starting!!! ughhhh!!! noooo!!

anyway thank you for this!! best news all day!!

Entropy512

Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Information on whether or not this works with the AT&T I717 Note should be included in the original OP with big bolded text.

Um, this is the N7000 forum, why have big bold text for something (nothing for N7000 works on I717) that should be common sense?

As to EAP-SIM - not going to be happening any time soon, since there are higher priority issues (such as broken functionality) and to my knowledge only one developer that can work on it. (Can't work EAP-SIM unless you can test it, can't test it unless you're on a carrier that uses it - and I think xplod is the only person on a carrier that currently uses it.) - Also, based on reading up on EAP-SIM at http://code.google.com/p/seek-for-android/wiki/EapSimAka - I wouldn't be surprised if the same deficiencies in the Samsung RIL that prevent SIM Toolkit from working properly also will prevent EAP-SIM from working.

Last edited:

Entropy512

Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
This is great news !

One thing though

How do we restore our apps? We'll just lose our data and such?

Start from scratch - or if you do a TiBu restore of apps, do NOT post here if you have any problems.

Normally a "missing apps only" restore works OK - however even that has been causing problems for I777 users lately. So if you do it - you do it at your own risk, with no support provided if it causes problems.

Reactions: Jumbo78 and Mahmood

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
no worries here i never restore data except for my stardom game haha

hav0c

Dec 14, 2005
Amsterdam
Maybe you can use imilka's CM9 boot animation in this ROM. He already resized it to fit the Notes screen resolution.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

dr. xp55

Dec 19, 2011
Start from scratch - or if you do a TiBu restore of apps, do NOT post here if you have any problems.

Normally a "missing apps only" restore works OK - however even that has been causing problems for I777 users lately. So if you do it - you do it at your own risk, with no support provided if it causes problems.

what about using any other app to restore? or is it just restoring apps or data in general is what causes the problem

I just have too many applications to start from scratch. But for the sake of having cm9, I'll do it ;)

XpLoDWilD

Nov 19, 2009
France
www.xplod.fr
Huh? Did some of my fixes somehow get reverted?

Microphone has been working for me since inclusion of http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/15196/

Speakerphone is busted though.

When I get home I need to chat with xplod to figure out why his build is behaving different from mine. In my case:
Non-speakerphone call audio is working
Speakerphone audio is nonfunctional (at least speakerphone mic)
Pen input works EXCEPT that when in landscape orientation, the x and y axis are swapped

xplod, did you build the kernel from the teamhacksung repo instead of the main cyanogenmod repo?

I built it off teamhacksung kernel repo. I was also surprised it didn't work properly but you weren't around on IRC so couldn't ask you ^^'
I'm going to check if the define is here in audio driver.

eap sim wifi connection can be in the party ?

When Google will officially support it - I'm eagerly waiting this on my Nexus too :)

Yeah, I fixed that last weekend... odd... It's not scaled properly in this build?

xplod, did you forget to clobber after syncing?

It was a clean build for sure - did it got merged into cm repos?

Reactions: Mahmood

Top Liked Posts