[REF] Android Builds for HD2s - Sense and Stock - Pretty Stable

Search This thread

flynney

Dec 29, 2009
Mansfield
Can confirm the cotulla Z image does indeed enable charge and fixes the screen sleep problem. For me anyway.

Not working:

3G data
GPS

Things seem very close to a fully working build now. I am extremely excited haha.

Edit: Camera worked after i went back onto it earlier.

Camcorder however is not? Is this just me?

Last edited:

kerman19

Jun 8, 2008
Crawley, West Sussex
Still running with the setup in my Sig, everything seems to be running well, I've not had a single issue coming out of sleep.

I've made and received about 15 calls whilst in android, without any issues on either end.

I've sent about 100 texts today so far (other half is away!) all without issues, I've not experienced any missed texts or failed to send any texts.

I've been on wifi all day due to lack of data, but I've exhibited no issues with apps/market place/installs etc since the ROM was booted around 23:00 yesterday night.

It's charging well, albeit a little slower on the mains than I'm used to, and it's trickle charging from USB to my laptop (2% an hour)

As it stands right now, with all the things that have previously been considered working, I've not experienced a single issue.

Camera is working fine, for those are having issues.

Phil

Last edited:

nybst1

Dec 26, 2009
Just would like to say if anyone is having robot voice issue,flash a custom rom (Miri is best) this fix it for me. Using darstone build. everything I used with the Mic works even Google translate.

velayo

May 23, 2010
Santa Isabel, Puerto Rico
Just would like to say if anyone is having robot voice issue,flash a custom rom (Miri is best) this fix it for me. Using darstone build. everything I used with the Mic works even Google translate.

I was trying to figure out why mine kept having issues with the robo voice. Running Stock TMOUS rom. I've never flash my rom before, but this and the chance to run the maxsense ui, make it a good time to start. Guess I will be doing some reading to figure out how to flash correctly and painlessly.

Thaks for the tip, this is what I was looking for. I had swapped memory cards, formatted the memory and other stuff to no avail. Guess I will be doing full time android soon.

Dredyouall

Jul 15, 2010
Bristol
Just got froyo to work, finally found a radio that wasn't being a jerk. Beautiful, everything I've tested so far works perfectly. Makes calls, no problems waking up from sleep, camera works great, and I'm surprised at the low battery consumption. Can't wait till you guys finish this up.

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

O

Oschivo

Install Android

Can somebody tell me how to install Android on my HD2 or redirect me to a thread here on XDA that shows me how to do this??

Thnx in advance!

simoran2

Aug 16, 2009
Can somebody tell me how to install Android on my HD2 or redirect me to a thread here on XDA that shows me how to do this??

Thnx in advance!

I would like to know this also - is there a simple guide to follow?!

I read on the first post that anything that needs the mic does not work - but various other posts indicate they are able to make and recieve calls ok. What is the status with this?

Is cellular data working?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

moddedx

Mar 28, 2010
I would like to know this also - is there a simple guide to follow?!

I read on the first post that anything that needs the mic does not work - but various other posts indicate they are able to make and recieve calls ok. What is the status with this?

Is cellular data working?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

The mic is working but have to take the file Cotulla_zImage_SNDIN_BAT_DATA and extract the file zImage from it and copy it to the android version that you are going to use and install a fresh copy.

simoran2

Aug 16, 2009
The mic is working but have to take the file Cotulla_zImage_SNDIN_BAT_DATA and extract the file zImage from it and copy it to the android version that you are going to use and install a fresh copy.

Ok brilliant thanks,

Does anyone have a simple guide detailing the steps needed to install?

What are peoples opinions on the current round of builds being 'usable' - are they ok for day to day use or really just for testing purposes at the moment?

Hamburg

Jan 23, 2009
Is there any sort of cross-platform sync application out there that can sync my Winmo and android contacts and data or do I have to manage them each independantly??

tomtom140

Sep 9, 2009
Toronto
Hi there,

is GPS and battery working on V3? ..can any one help me out to enable GPS?

PS: battery has always two yield signs up left.

thanks

schlockmaster

Apr 12, 2008
Running Froyo GREAT on HD2

I am running Dans Froyo build with new Zimage on my TmoUS HD2 with Energy Maxsense rom. Actually using Geny Dual Boot and altered Registry to boot to Haret from Android folder. Works GREAT!! There is a bit of lag on the menus, HOWEVER it is incredible that this has been accomplished. I think it runs faster using Geny Dual Boot than when you boot from within WinMo

nilsk123

Aug 11, 2008
Limburg
to sync your google account to windows mobile, set up an activesync connection and use http://m.google.com as server, does require ssl. Then use your full gmail adress as your username, and your gmail password as your password.

You can sync contacts, calender, mail etc etc

Hamburg

Jan 23, 2009
to sync your google account to windows mobile, set up an activesync connection and use http://m.google.com as server, does require ssl. Then use your full gmail adress as your username, and your gmail password as your password.

You can sync contacts, calender, mail etc etc

Not exactly what I was hoping for. It probably doesnt exist, but what I'd like is something like Microsoft MyPhone that syncs over the air to both Winmo and Android. I have all of my contacts and appointments in winmo, and I want them on Android when I boot it on my HD2.

So in summary, I want to upload my winmo contacts and data, boot android and download all those same data. Then if I make changes in android, I want to upload that, then be able to sync via winmo to download those changes that I made while in android.

shineproductions

May 10, 2008
Camcorder not working yet.

Hey the camcorder is not reported as working yet.

Although the camera is working; how eactly do you take a picture? LOL hehe

It says to press a hardware button for the Nexus One, that does not exist on the HD2.

Can confirm the cotulla Z image does indeed enable charge and fixes the screen sleep problem. For me anyway.

Not working:

3G data
GPS

Things seem very close to a fully working build now. I am extremely excited haha.

Edit: Camera worked after i went back onto it earlier.

Camcorder however is not? Is this just me?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    im sorry to ask this but i was following the other thread that closed and lost track do android works on the hd2 now ? and whats the problems its left with ? the last i heard was the bsod

...really??? seriously
    for real!?
    READ THE FIRST POST!
    Yeah, broken Sense seems to be an issue with these builds with some users, unfortunately.

2 options for preventive measures:

- disable sense and run haret imediately after restart
    or
    - install dual-boot app (my choice :;)
    I have finaly got froyo on my HD2...here the link and is working.
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/yvzt3a

Issues: pressing the power button is getting my unit in a black screen mode and the only way is to remove the battery.
    Second: phone (no dial ton), camera (camera is not starting, just black screen) and battery (battery is not charging).

cheers
    desirebuild_v5 went to a black screen during sleep, but would not recover after i upgraded to Cotulla_zImage_PANEL_ON_OFF_ON_OFF_OFF_GSOD. I could tell the OS was still running just fine, but the screen would not wake. I had to pull the battery.

My wake-up required two presses of the power button instead of one. Other than that, it woke up just fine. Go figure.