FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

**What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

14,560 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,271

By KidCarter93, Retired Forum Moderator on 21st August 2012, 11:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th May 2016, 08:05 AM |#9501  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
wha you guys think of Umi Super, is it worth wait?

29th May 2016, 12:48 PM |#9502  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I've been looking for a decent tablet, and been eyeing mipad 2 for a while now.

My only question is weather I should go for the windows version or the android version???

And of course which will run smoother/faster will be my first choice... By all means sliding the screens etc.

Sent from my S59 using Tapatalk
29th May 2016, 03:18 PM |#9503  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdafan15

Any suggestions for a 6P alternative? I want a phone that is unlocked, easy to root, and will get quick security and OS updates. But I'd like a smaller phone, an easier to replace battery, and more than 64GB of storage without paying $650 for the 128GB 6P.

Any thoughts on this? Would a Motorola X Pure Edition fit the bill?
29th May 2016, 04:34 PM |#9504  
Flag Tucson, AZ
Thanks Meter: 835

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdafan15

Any thoughts on this? Would a Motorola X Pure Edition fit the bill?

In some ways. It's a tad smaller up and down, but it's thicker and actually heavier (by a gram, no biggie). Screen is same size. Whether you get the 16, 32, or 64gb version you can always add a microSD card. A 128gb microSD card is only about $30-35 these days. The battery isn't swappable without disassembly, but Motorolas typically aren't impossible to repair, while the Nexus 6P would be. As long as you're not a heavy gamer, the Moto X Pure would be a fine choice; the GPU isn't the greatest, although more than adequate for regular stuff and light gaming. Updates will come quickly, and although it's not as open as a Nexus, it's still unlockable and there's a good amount of custom development.
The Following User Says Thank You to Planterz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Planterz Ad-Free
29th May 2016, 06:41 PM |#9505  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Need help choosing a new phone!
Right now I am using the original Moto G for about 2 years (with CM 13). I want something bigger and faster while still being budget friendly. I have set a number of requirements as I plan to keep my new phone for about the same amount of time (about 2 years like my last phone). These are:

-Android 6.0 Marshmallow. I really like the "Google now on tap" feature and with a bigger screen I think I could make use of the split window multitasking feature found in Android 6.0.
-Big screen (about 5.5 inches) with a minimum 1080p resolution.
-At least 2 GB of RAM.
-Decent processor for multitasking (I don't care about the GPU though as I only play simple games like Sudoku and Hill Climb Racing...).
-Decent Camera (I don't expect it to be exceptional but I want it to be decent).
-Decent battery life (I would really need it to have good battery life based on my schedule for the next year or so).

The devices I am currently considering, in ascending price order (at least where I live in the range of 190€ to 280€), are:

-Lenovo K3 Note
-LG G3 (16 GB, 2 GB RAM)
-Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro (Snapdragon, 16 GB, 2 GB RAM)
-Sony Xperia Z2
-LG G3 (32 GB, 3 GB RAM)
-Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro (Snapdragon, 32 GB, 3 GB RAM)
-Huawei P8

I would really appreciate it if some of you have experience with these devices and can give me some tips
29th May 2016, 07:57 PM |#9506  
Thanks Meter: 1,262

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantheraTigris91

Right now I am using the original Moto G for about 2 years (with CM 13). I want something bigger and faster while still being budget friendly. I have set a number of requirements as I plan to keep my new phone for about the same amount of time (about 2 years like my last phone). These are:

-Android 6.0 Marshmallow. I really like the "Google now on tap" feature and with a bigger screen I think I could make use of the split window multitasking feature found in Android 6.0.
-Big screen (about 5.5 inches) with a minimum 1080p resolution.
-At least 2 GB of RAM.
-Decent processor for multitasking (I don't care about the GPU though as I only play simple games like Sudoku and Hill Climb Racing...).
-Decent Camera (I don't expect it to be exceptional but I want it to be decent).
-Decent battery life (I would really need it to have good battery life based on my schedule for the next year or so).

The devices I am currently considering, in ascending price order (at least where I live in the range of 190€ to 280€), are:

-Lenovo K3 Note
-LG G3 (16 GB, 2 GB RAM)
-Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro (Snapdragon, 16 GB, 2 GB RAM)
-Sony Xperia Z2
-LG G3 (32 GB, 3 GB RAM)
-Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro (Snapdragon, 32 GB, 3 GB RAM)
-Huawei P8

I would really appreciate it if some of you have experience with these devices and can give me some tips

No experiences with the devices, but I have the Moto G2 andnI'm contemplatingbthe Moto G4. The 3regular one has all you want at £170 and the plus with better camera and 32 GB instead of 16 for £ 229. I checked, want one, but motorola uk doesn't ship outside the borders.

Sent from my SM-T810 using XDA-Developers mobile app
29th May 2016, 08:04 PM |#9507  
Thanks Meter: 499

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_I

No experiences with the devices, but I have the Moto G2 andnI'm contemplatingbthe Moto G4. The 3regular one has all you want at £170 and the plus with better camera and 32 GB instead of 16 for £ 229. I checked, want one, but motorola uk doesn't ship outside the borders.

So the moto z will be more top tier than the moto g4 plus?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
29th May 2016, 09:31 PM |#9508  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_I

The Moto G lineup (maybe except the G4) has very underpowered processors for today's standards in my opinion. And at the price of the G4 plus I can easily get a device with 3 GB of ram.

Sent from my Moto G using XDA-Developers mobile app
30th May 2016, 11:27 PM |#9509  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello im new to this website and since last week my phone wont turn on anymore (i get 0% response) and now i started to look for a new phone but there are so many out there and my knowledge about phones isn't as much people from here. Is there a list of phones you could recommend to me, the price can be 250€ or 280$.

Thank you in advance
30th May 2016, 11:40 PM |#9510  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVM123

Hello im new to this website and since last week my phone wont turn on anymore (i get 0% response) and now i started to look for a new phone but there are so many out there and my knowledge about phones isn't as much people from here. Is there a list of phones you could recommend to me, the price can be 250€ or 280$.

Thank you in advance

Take a look at my post(#9506) about a day before! I'm also looking for a phone at that price range. I have a list of the phones I'm considering. I also include what I consider important for my personal needs. So, if you'd like, post what you like and want in a phone, so we can give you more specific answers

Sent from my Moto G using XDA-Developers mobile app
31st May 2016, 02:50 AM |#9511  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
bumpy
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
device, new device, new phone, phone, tablet, what to buy, what to choose

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)