[ROM][T810/T815] AOSP/LineageOS 7.1 Nougat || 2017/01/28

Search This thread

RaymanFX

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 8, 2011
Hannover
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Bugs/Issues :
  • Audio input volume is low
  • The video buffer will be cropped into weird dimensions when streaming (YouTube, etc)
  • Netflix is broken(?)

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot
Downloads :
Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

### RELEASES ###
AOSP
01.09.2016 - SM-T815 / SM-T810
Paranoid Android
29.09.2016 - SM-T815 / SM-T810
CyanogenMod
26.10.2016 - SM-T815 / SM-T810
LineageOS
28.01.2017 - SM-T815 / SM-T810

XDA:DevDB Information
AOSP 7.0 Nougat, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2

Contributors
RaymanFX
Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_samsung_gts2/tree/cm-14.1

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2016-09-01
Last Updated 2016-09-01

Last edited:

T_I

Mar 22, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
T810 version works.

• Install image in TWRP
  • reboot to recovery
  • install opengapps (I used pico) and supersu.

Found issues:

• My SD card is not supported (64 GB, extfat fs) and the device wants to format
  • Google Play services keeps stopping

Camera seems to be working correct. Initial login to google seems to be working, playstore is having issues.
I guess that's to be expected in the first 7.0 android and opengapps boot,

Last edited:

ivanox1972

Sep 26, 2011
Chiefs, give me idea where are make mistake on t810. I installed successfully. Then installed pico gapps 7.0 for arm. Got error this gapps are for android 5.1.1, arm 22 if I remember. ROM booted but no google of course.
Give me all steps please
Thanks

Sent from my SM-T810 using XDA-Developers mobile app

VeEuzUKY

Oct 10, 2008
I wanna jump on this ROM! But.......

I very want to jump on this ROM and get it tested for feedback and help it developed, but I a major issue..

Can I get this flashed to start with coming from a T-815C that is still running stock 5.01 Lollipop? Believe it or not Samsung is STILL not releasing stock 6.01 for my Hong Kong purchased Tab (version T-815C), only Lollipop updates. Ironically, Hong Kong was one of the very first locations where the Tab S2 line was first available for retail when it was launched and now, they dont even care to get it updated. Even the much older, original Tab S is already getting Marshmallow!!! But the S2 NOT! Subsequently I was told that I cant install Marshmallow CM or ASOP builds on my unit unless I'm already on a stock 6.01 firmware. But how about this 7.0 ROM? Same issue or somehow I can get it flashed directly from 5.01?

I have now reached a point of moral exhaustion with Samsung that is starting to take me to the idea of abandoning the brand forever. I have already had a streak of bad purchases and poor quality issues with several Samsung hardware in the past, and to say their repair centers are basically a waste of time, is an understatement. They do anything possible not to honor any warranties. But now, a current model hardware that doesn't get upgraded at all to a more than 1 year old OS, is starting to be too much for me to take. I bought this Tab under the assumption to immediately get rid of TouchWiz and get an CM or ASOP build in it, ONLY to find out, stupid me, that Samsung neglects completely the hardware they are selling as current models. Its unacceptable. My frustration and disgust at Samsung has reached overboard levels.

Id like to recap and confirm if it is INDEED true that I CAN'T jump into this CM 60.1 ROM unless I am already on Marshmallow? Or is there a workaround and way to do it? The weeks and months are passing by and I go anywhere like this.. just totally stuck.

Anyway, thanks for any advice or ideas on what I can try to do to get my Tab flashed and going with this 7.0 ROM so I can test drive it and give some feedback. There's gotta be away. Thanks again for the input and thumbs up to the developers for this ROM I cant wait to get my hand on:)

T_I

Mar 22, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
Chiefs, give me idea where are make mistake on t810. I installed successfully. Then installed pico gapps 7.0 for arm. Got error this gapps are for android 5.1.1, arm 22 if I remember. ROM booted but no google of course.
Give me all steps please
Thanks

Sent from my SM-T810 using XDA-Developers mobile app
Install image, go back to TWRP main menu, restart to recovery and install gapps.
After that, boot, tap away 'google play services stopped' until you're don and in settings. There give the app 'google play services' every permission it wants and do a 'forced stop' of the application. Then you're ready to go.

I'll check tomorrow which permissions the app really needs, as it wants to much for my taste.

Sent from my T810 running cm-13.0

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

I very want to jump on this ROM and get it tested for feedback and help it developed, but I a major issue..

Can I get this flashed to start with coming from a T-815C that is still running stock 5.01 Lollipop? Believe it or not Samsung is STILL not releasing stock 6.01 for my Hong Kong purchased Tab (version T-815C), only Lollipop updates. Ironically, Hong Kong was one of the very first locations where the Tab S2 line was first available for retail when it was launched and now, they dont even care to get it updated. Even the much older, original Tab S is already getting Marshmallow!!! But the S2 NOT! Subsequently I was told that I cant install Marshmallow CM or ASOP builds on my unit unless I'm already on a stock 6.01 firmware. But how about this 7.0 ROM? Same issue or somehow I can get it flashed directly from 5.01?

I have now reached a point of moral exhaustion with Samsung that is starting to take me to the idea of abandoning the brand forever. I have already had a streak of bad purchases and poor quality issues with several Samsung hardware in the past, and to say their repair centers are basically a waste of time, is an understatement. They do anything possible not to honor any warranties. But now, a current model hardware that doesn't get upgraded at all to a more than 1 year old OS, is starting to be too much for me to take. I bought this Tab under the assumption to immediately get rid of TouchWiz and get an CM or ASOP build in it, ONLY to find out, stupid me, that Samsung neglects completely the hardware they are selling as current models. Its unacceptable. My frustration and disgust at Samsung has reached overboard levels.

Id like to recap and confirm if it is INDEED true that I CAN'T jump into this CM 60.1 ROM unless I am already on Marshmallow? Or is there a workaround and way to do it? The weeks and months are passing by and I go anywhere like this.. just totally stuck.

Anyway, thanks for any advice or ideas on what I can try to do to get my Tab flashed and going with this 7.0 ROM so I can test drive it and give some feedback. There's gotta be away. Thanks again for the input and thumbs up to the developers for this ROM I cant wait to get my hand on:)
I expect you'll need to flash 'a' 6.0.x stock image. Any one will do, as long as it's for T815.

First make a backup with twrp of current image, then flash stock 6.0.x with odin, then flash this image with twrp, reboot to recovery and install opengapps.

ivanox1972

Sep 26, 2011
Install image, go back to TWRP main menu, restart to recovery and install gapps.
After that, boot, tap away 'google play services stopped' until you're don and in settings. There give the app 'google play services' every permission it wants and do a 'forced stop' of the application. Then you're ready to go.

I'll check tomorrow which permissions the app really needs, as it wants to much for my taste.

Thanks, boss.
But, how to root? You said youmust root explicitly.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-N920C using XDA-Developers mobile app

T_I

Mar 22, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
Screenshots...

Main screen
2cea3da2bb2db64fbd8dc95bf9c04d97.jpg

About
f5ef7a1def106e1b4801e367cd7e08f8.jpg

SuperSU
f70c198066cc505b13dd3e174e129441.jpg

Google play service with not enough permissions
2a2f47e97a0e2bd746ca946ca248391b.jpg

Unsupported extfat (sdcard of 64GB, stock formatting), vfat works as I understand it.
e7dc51dd18299690fb3dd3cfb4384c21.jpg

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Thanks, boss.
But, how to root? You said youmust root explicitly.
Thanks

I've installed BETA-SuperSU-v2.74-2-20160519174328.zip and when you connect with google play it gets updated.

I'm currently back at cm-13.0, as I have some things to do tonight. I will copy sdcard and reformat to vfat tomorrow to switch, get some extended testing done. Nice to play with it.

VeEuzUKY

Oct 10, 2008
I expect you'll need to flash 'a' 6.0.x stock image. Any one will do, as long as it's for T815.

First make a backup with twrp of current image, then flash stock 6.0.x with odin, then flash this image with twrp, reboot to recovery and install opengapps.

I cant! This is what I just explained! There is NO stock 6.0.x firmware update from Samsung from a Hong Kong T815-C, only Lollipop. Ive tried flash other stock 6.0.x with odin for T815 from other regions, and the flash gets aborted. Will not go it.

What can I do? This is too ridiculous that Samsung doesn't offer a 6.0.x update for a T815C..

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
The Play Services nag is irritating but I'll happily put up with it just to be able to try Android 7. Since I installed it, I've spent most of the time loading apps rather than having a chance to test many. I did try both Hulu and Netflix. Netflix works, Hulu doesn't. It get stuck buffering.
edit: I just flashed supersu and that seems to have fixed the Play Service closing problem.

Last edited:

T_I

Mar 22, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
I cant! This is what I just explained! There is NO stock 6.0.x firmware update from Samsung from a Hong Kong T815-C, only Lollipop. Ive tried flash other stock 6.0.x with odin for T815 from other regions, and the flash gets aborted. Will not go it.

What can I do? This is too ridiculous that Samsung doesn't offer a 6.0.x update for a T815C..
Any stock 6.0.x image will do, as I tried to explain. You need an adjustment in one of the internal device blobs, forgot which one, but wuthout android 6 and higher won't boot. After that you can run cm-13.0 or this image.

I tested T815 cm-13 on my T810 and after a stock flash (EU tab, Canadian stock) it worked. I'm 'officially' stuck at 5 as well, that didn't stop me. [emoji1]

Make a TWRP backup after installing the latest official update and flash. Some experience with odin and twrp is nice, but not required, the manuals are good. When you know someone who did these things before and you're not sure uf you can do it, getting help is useful.

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

The Play Services nag is irritating but I'll happily put up with it just to be able to try Android 7. Since I installed it, I've spent most of the time loading apps rather than having a chance to test many. I did try both Hulu and Netflix. Netflix works, Hulu doesn't. It get stuck buffering.
edit: I just flashed supersu and that seems to have fixed the Play Service closing problem.
Which version supersu are you using and can you check if permissions for google play services are still all off or that all are turned on now.

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
Which version supersu are you using and can you check if permissions for google play services are still all off or that all are turned on now.

SuperSu version 2.76. Hulu said it needed all of the permissions turned on, so I turned them all on trying to get it to work. I just turned them all back off and I'm still not getting the nag.

CHE1

Apr 29, 2014
Hamilton
Everything installed ok, but the internet Data did not work for me, it shows my internet provider name, full bars but nothing else, do not conect, neither shows 4g or LTE, I have the 815Y

Last edited:
Reactions: seancojr

Giebnatious

Jul 16, 2015
Has anyone tried this on the SM-T710 yet? I just achieved root last night, first time with android. I used to have apple and jailbreak. Just trying to get into this and see what it is about but can't with my phone as it is the Verizon note 5(920V). Thanks

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
I can't find the setting in this ROM that allows me to display my owner info on the lock screen. There is a tiny blue icon at the top of the screen that says "owner", and I can put my info there. But the odds of some store clerk that finds my tablet, noticing that icon and thinking to touch it are little to none.

Last edited:

ivanox1972

Sep 26, 2011

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

Done like this, all ok. Android 7 looks great on 1. sight, of course this rom needs fixes and adding options. Specially manipulation with buttons, to switch them off. Generally GREAT job, thanks a Lot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Bugs/Issues :
    • Audio input volume is low
    • The video buffer will be cropped into weird dimensions when streaming (YouTube, etc)
    • Netflix is broken(?)

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

### RELEASES ###
    AOSP
    01.09.2016 - SM-T815 / SM-T810
    Paranoid Android
    29.09.2016 - SM-T815 / SM-T810
    CyanogenMod
    26.10.2016 - SM-T815 / SM-T810
    LineageOS
    28.01.2017 - SM-T815 / SM-T810

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSP 7.0 Nougat, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2

Contributors
    RaymanFX
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_samsung_gts2/tree/cm-14.1

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2016-09-01
    Last Updated 2016-09-01
    Hey everyone, I will kick off official weeklies for the SM-T810 and SM-T815 very soon.
    During the last days, I fixed encryption, a few SELinux issues and Google Play Movies.

Regardless of that, there will be a few bugs still present once the official weeklies start, namely:
    • Fingerprint
    • YouTube videos zooming in when switching to 1080p

For the YouTube stuff, there is a commit on Gerrit to work around the issue, if I don't find the proper fix soon, that solution will probably be integrated.
    Now for fingerprint, you will probably say "oh but it was working in your last build" - and while that is true, there is an issue I was not able to fix until now: the fingerprint kernel driver *must* hold a permanent wakelock to be able to receive input from the sensor.
    If I drop this wakelock code from the driver, the FP sensor will work once after the first boot, but not anymore when resuming the device from suspend.

Aaaaaaaaand there's another catch:
    You *must* use my builds of TWRP for OTA updates to work: LINK.
    That is because TWRP and Android must mount the same partition at /misc for the BCB (boot loader control block) to work. Unfortunately all TWRP builds out there don't mount anything at /misc at all, so they will not be able to handle OTA updates.

Please test the TWRP builds I put up there while I prepare the last steps for weekly builds.
    New LineageOS 14.1 builds for Tab S2 LTE and WiFi are attached to the first post now :)
    Fingerprint, microphone input, and many more are fixed.

New features include hardware RGB display tuning (Settings->Display->LiveDisplay), this is now done on the display processor instead of the GPU and does not drain the battery any longer.
    I'm working on the hardware accelerated video playback issues right now, but LTE and Mic input are next on my list.
    As some of you might have noticed, CyanogenMod is no more and we rebranded to LineageOS.

However, we're not going anywhere (http://lineageos.org/) :)
    What was CyanogenMod is now LineageOS, we just rebranded.
    Almost all of the developers I know have made the switch and are on board with LineageOS.

I hope Samsung gets Nougat out of the door rather sooner than later, because this will simplify the task for sure.
    If not, we'll just continue to hack our way around the issues as we are doing right now.
    Fingerprint implementation has a low priority for me right now, so that needs to wait some more..
    I just uploaded my latest CyanogenMod 14 builds with working video recording for T810 and T815 :)
    These will probably be the last 7.0 builds as I am now working on 7.1 and there's good progress so far.
    Nougat is getting in shape on this tablet at last.. I personally think the new splitscreen and free form floating windows (enabled in the latest build) are pretty nice.