[ROM - Stock-based] Minimoto v1.7 XT862/XT860- Less is more.

Search This thread

DoubleYouPee

Jul 28, 2011
Having rebooted to stock and tested volume wake on that, there's not much difference to minimoto.
Two taps of up/down vol wakes stock.
Two taps of up vol wakes minimoto, but not down.

Am just checking the keymap files as I've not consciously modified these, but a small difference may have crept in back in V1.2 on when I first used /etc from mavrom to get it booting under safestrap.

[edit] nope, keymap is bit-for-bit identical to stock, but never mind, have found a way to implement vol key wake properly here :-
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1585309
The technique needed some modifying to work with D3's keymap and our own implementation of isWakeKeyWhenKeyguardShowing(), but it works like a charm for both vol up+down with only a single tap. Note that the volume wake won't work for 2 seconds after the screen is locked, while the phone descends into full sleep mode.

Weird.. I have had single tap wake on all roms I've ever tried except this one.
Will try the method you mentioned

thingonaspring

Mar 8, 2006
V1.65 is now up on the first post, plus a patch from 1.6x to 1.65.

New in this version :-

- Black notification area, looks much cooler
- Vol up/down wake done properly
- New browser mod with more optimisations, better desktop mode patch and always shows debug menus (no more need to go "about:debug")
- HDMI fixed and tested (a lot easier now I have the HDMI cable)
- Phone and Dialer have a new optimised skin, saving ~300K of resources, it's a bit simplistic, but does the trick
- Camera lowlight FPS hack
- hololauncher FC problem fixed
- latest mobicalc
- Lots more dead motorola services/libs/frameworks removed

The full ROM installer is now down to 78.6mb, which I'm really pleased with.
I really didn't imagine it could go that small when I started this.

Last edited:

DoubleYouPee

Jul 28, 2011

- New browser mod with more optimisations, better desktop mode patch and always shows debug menus (no more need to go "about:debug")
- Phone and Dialer have a new optimised skin, saving ~300K of resources, it's a bit simplistic, but does the trick
- latest mobicalc

Thanks! Really nice you actually listen to feedback and apply it! Gonna try right away.

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

Ok, patched to 1.65:
  • Unfortunately for me volume still doesn't wake (also not after pressing 2x or 100x). Perhaps it needs a wipe. Edit: now it works (didn't wipe).. I don't know whats going on. It really didn't work before.
  • The pattern unlock indeed works now (when screen is off). However, the stock slide-unlock is still in place and I have to slide first, then do the pattern.
    Apparently, some others have seen this in the stock ROM but some also haven't. Very weird. Is this a bug or something that can be removed?
  • The new notification drawer looks really nice. Just curious, is this easy to change these colors by myself? I can hardly see which one is on and which is off :angel:
  • Had this on 1.6x: Titanium Backup says: "Your ROM is rooted by the "su" binary has non-optimal access rights, which may cause problems"
  • Tried to install the app "no lock" to see if it removes the lockscreen, but it says "Unknown error code during application install: "-110"
Ps. Sorry for all the comments :silly:

Last edited:
Reactions: lewrydiboys

Endoroid

Aug 28, 2011
Surrey
Thanks! Really nice you actually listen to feedback and apply it! Gonna try right away.

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

Ok, patched to 1.65:
  • Unfortunately for me volume still doesn't wake (also not after pressing 2x or 100x). Perhaps it needs a wipe. Edit: now it works (didn't wipe).. I don't know whats going on. It really didn't work before.
  • The pattern unlock indeed works now (when screen is off). However, the stock slide-unlock is still in place and I have to slide first, then do the pattern.
    Apparently, some others have seen this in the stock ROM but some also haven't. Very weird. Is this a bug or something that can be removed?
  • The new notification drawer looks really nice. Just curious, is this easy to change these colors by myself? I can hardly see which one is on and which is off :angel:
Ps. Sorry for all the comments :silly:

About the volume keys. Every time I a comment about it I test it and I get a different result every time. Sometimes it works sometimes not

Sent from my DROID3 using xda premium

thingonaspring

Mar 8, 2006
The wake keys only work when the phone is in deep sleep. That means not charging. I'll see if there's a better place to force the wake lock code - not least the power button always wakes, so that key must be monitored somewhere in deep sleep mode.
[edit] not good - power button is handled as a hard-coded special case that's shot through the code - not practical to attempt.
Have also re-checked stock ROM behaviour - it does deep sleep only too. Volume buttons don't wake when charging or in higher power modes.

Have you seen the amount of free ram in 1.65? I considered upping the VM fixed size as part of this release to make better use of all that extra space.
It might make sense as it'll decrease garbage collection, should give smoother app switching and lower battery use. Not sure that battery life is a big concern right now though.

Last edited:

DoubleYouPee

Jul 28, 2011
The wake keys only work when the phone is in deep sleep. That means not charging. I'll see if there's a better place to force the wake lock code - not least the power button always wakes, so that key must be monitored somewhere in deep sleep mode.

Have you seen the amount of free ram in 1.65? I considered upping the VM fixed size as part of this release to make better use of all that extra space.
It might make sense as it'll decrease garbage collection, should give smoother app switching and lower battery use. Not sure that battery life is a big concern right now though.

180MB free on my phone right now.
On mavrom (any version), which is also GB rom on .906, I never had any issues with volume wake.

Btw, I tried to install another app, and I get the same error!

Endoroid

Aug 28, 2011
Surrey
What error? Serously dude, if you wanted to get on my nerves, you're doing everything right.

Lol

Unknown error code during application install - 110

A Google search said Defaultcontainerservice.apk may be responsible. Would you have removed an apk by such a name

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

Thank you. What about xt860 version?

The 1.65 patch doesn't contain any model specific files. You can go ahead and flash it. It's only full rom installs that need to be modded for the xt860. Do a backup first though as a couple of us are having some market issues with this patch

Reactions: lewrydiboys

Endoroid

Aug 28, 2011
Surrey
I can confirm Defaultcontainerservice.apk is responsible for the market error. Pulled from a previous version and stuck it in /system/app reboot and I sucessfully updated my apps

Endoroid

Aug 28, 2011
Surrey
Btw @thingonaspring I love the new look for the dialer/in call screen. I hate the blur themeing, but haven't had time to really do much about it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This ROM is stock XT862 5.7.906 deodexed and meticulously optimised to make the lowest use of resources possible.

The zipfile download is just 75.9Mb - everything unnecessary has been removed, many resources hand optimised and blur/moto apps replaced where better alternatives exist.

Features :-
    - All hardware, camera/camcorder, sensors, GPS, bluetooth, LEDs, HDMI etc working
    - Reboot+screenshot on power menu
    - MMS from CM7
    - Calendar from CM7
    - Networklocation fixed
    - Minimum and auto brightness lowered to increase battery life with screen on
    - Calculator replaced with latest (2012-12-20) MobiCalc (Scientific calculator with DEC/BIN/HEX conversion)
    - Blur Setup removed
    - Uses standard android account+sync settings, no more need for Blur services
    - optimised blurphone/dialer UI
    - black themed notification bar
    - vol up/down wake
    - Optimised Flash player (You must reboot once for it to work)
    - HDMI fixed and fully tested now
    - Smooth scrolling patch from MrObvious
    - Camera from Atrix, hacked for 100% jpeg quality, added fps lowlight patch in 1.65
    - Gallery replaced with QuickPic
    - N1 Magic Alarm replaces Blur Alarm Clock, which was very big and slow for a simple alarm app.
    - ICS iconset
    - Pre-rooted
    - Default browser forced to desktop view and always shows debug menus
    - 1% battery (using icons lifted from mavrom's framework-res.apk)
    - Notification power toggles from Steel Droid 4.8
    - Very minimal Gingerbread Google Apps - much smaller than the one on goo.im
    - Email app from CM7, syncs contacts/calendar/email from MS exchange, Office365, Gmail, Hotmail or any POP3/IMAP account
    - Total control of over/under clocking/volting
    - Busybox 1.20 replaces all binaries wherever possible (lowers disk/mem/cache usage)
    - Latest Holo Launcher (2013-01-06) pre-installed and updatable
    - DSPManager
    - FMRadio
    - Quickoffice (we have a license for this as part of stock ROM, so well worth having)
    - Terminal emulator (2013-01-06)
    - One alarm tone "alarm classic", one ringtone "ring", one notification tone "bells"
    - No bootanim/sound (shows default android logo)
    - init.d support
    - command line tools
    ---- "rw" - read/write system
    ---- "ro" - revert to read only
    ---- "ssh"/"scp"
    ---- "zip" - create archives from cmd-line
    ---- "ash" as default shell using busybox
    ---- "zipalign" - force zipped APK contents to 32-bit boundaries for better use of RAM
    ---- "repack_apks" - rezip and zipalign a dir full of apks, cd to /data/app and run it to optimise apps downloaded from market

More details, credits, how-to for overclocking etc in 2nd post.

DOWNLOAD LINK - UPDATED v1.7 - Network location fixed, optimised camera and framework-res, icons from lotzakritters, updated hololauncher, terminal, superuser, flash mod, removed unused ducati binaries, removed unused libs, added reboot+screenshot, removed VZW location services and lots more optimisations.
    http://d-h.st/bI1 - XT862 version
    http://d-h.st/SOc - XT860 version, thanks to docardoso, updated to fix keymap

****FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS - IMPORTANT THESE ARE SPECIFIC TO MINIMOTO ROM****
    This ROM should work with safestrap 2 or 3, but has only been tested on v3.05.
    To flash, first create a ROM slot in SS3, activate that slot, wipe data, then install the ZIP.
    Do not clear data again after installing - this ROM installs some necessary files to the /data partition.
    Hi all,

Good news - new version is up in first post, it's got the following :-

removed libarcsoft.so
    removed libpanorama*
    removed libphotoflow.so
    removed unused ducati files
    removed /etc/videoeditorlite
    removed Location*
    removed Geo*
    replaced keyboard with nullkb. for a touch KB, install "hackers keyboard" from the market.
    replaced system/app/settings_noblur.apk - lower min brightness - lower battery use with screen on
    replaced framework-res.apk - optimised and lower auto brightness - lower battery use with screen on
    updated term
    updaed hololauncher
    updated busybox - fixes Titanium Backup, but it still moans about "su" permissions when installed to a safe romslot (no warning when installed to stock romslot). This is an issue with Tibu, not minimoto ROM.
    improved flash player mod
    smaller blur-permissions-new.apk
    added reboot and screenshot to power menu
    added NetworkLocation.apk - fixes network location
    optimised camera
    systemui icons from lotzakritters
    settings icons from lotzakrittes
    fixed superuser apk - fixes FC when viewing settings for a given app

Bad news - I had planned a "small patch release" v1.66, but it's ballooned into a massive set of changes, so instead I've had to increment the major version number and issue it as a whole new rom V1.7. Updating from 1.6x won't work I'm afraid, you'll have to do a clean install.

Amazing news - the ROM installer is now just 75.9mb, tiiiny.
    Credits/Howtos

Credits :-
    Hashcode - for every single thing that makes this phone still worth having. Particularly safestrap3, which allows me to mod ROMs on the train to/from work and still have a working phone the rest of the time

Buckmarble - for mavrom - I used Buck's /etc directory as a quick way to get this bootable under safestrap, and the battery icons from his framework-res.apk
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1612537

Chevycam94 - for Steel Droid ROM - I used his SystemUI.apk file to add power toggles.
    I've used Chevy's to save time, but plan to do my own later with less theming.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1278056

Opptimizer projekt - for the overclocking kernel modules
    http://code.google.com/p/opptimizer/

Cyanogenmod team - for their fantastic mail/calendar/mms apps
    http://www.cyanogenmod.org/

Motorola - for making all our lives more difficult
    http://www.motorola.com

How-tos :-

===Over/Under Clock/Volt===
    You can find a template overclocking script in /etc/init.d named "02overclock".
    By default, all the options are commented out.
    The script includes example values tuned for my specific CPU, so yours will probably not work with these values, but it also lists the default moto values for reference.
    While testing, copy the script to /data and run it from there - don't put testing values in /etc/init.d or your device may bootloop.

To edit the script, type "rw" in terminal to enter read/write mode, then make the changes you want using your favorite text editor.

First, uncomment these lines
    #echo performance > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
    #echo 1 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online
    #insmod /system/lib/modules/symsearch.ko
    #insmod /system/lib/modules/overclock.ko
    #echo hotplug > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

Then start trying various settings for the 0,1,2,3 Steps of CPU scaling.
    See the following article for details on tuning the VSEL and clock speeds to your device - proceed with caution.
    http://rootzwiki.com/topic/14511-opptimizer-projekt-milestone-overclock-for-omap4-devices/

Once you have a stable set of values, in terminal "cp /data/02overclock /etc/init.d" and reboot.
    Now your phone will apply these values on every boot.
    Hello,first I would like to thank Thingonaspring for this awesome rom,I love it,I have just started on the modding side of android,so I am a modding noob,and was wondering where I could find the lockscreen at,as I really like the lockscreen of the 2.3.6 rom ,and seeing as Thingonaspring was so nice to deodex it for us I was hopping I could just pull it from that rom and place it in this one ,or do I have to decompile an .apk to do that?
    Any and all help would be very much appreciated, thank you

Sent from my Droid 3 on StraightTalk using xda app-developers app

Hiya, the lockscreen is in Settings.apk.
    I'm currently taking a look at the 2.3.6 with the hope of making a new minimoto based on it, but it's a lot of work, so won't be very soon.

- latest mobicalc