FORUMS

View Poll Results: What color scheme do you prefer going forward for the original 10 keyboards?

Leave color scheme as is.

0 Vote(s)
0%
2 color scheme with black as def. background.

3 Vote(s)
100.00%
Shaftamle, I have no idea what your talking about.

0 Vote(s)
0%

Themed Google Keyboards!! Updated: 2/1/2015- 155 Different Choices and Counting!!

2,365 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,349

By Shaftamle, Recognized Themer on 1st August 2013, 11:49 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd August 2013, 12:14 AM |#21  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag Ellicott City

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybeanteeker

The shaftaonyx looks boss!!! oh I have a question is there anyway we could theme the background to like a picture we want...? Or no >.< lol

★ Legit Samsung Galaxy S4 ☆

Thanks, I'm not sure about the background. I'd have to look into it.

Sent from a Shaftamle Galaxy S4
"Thanks Button" is always appreciated!
http://mycolorscreen.com/Shaftamle/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shaftamle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Shaftamle Ad-Free
2nd August 2013, 12:14 AM |#22  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 105

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaftamle

Thanks, I'm not sure about the background. I'd have to look into it.

^_^ ok

★ Legit Samsung Galaxy S4 ☆
2nd August 2013, 12:40 AM |#23  
Flag South Lyon, MI USA
Thanks Meter: 6,387

Donate to Me
More
Nice work!

Deviant Development *Team Member*
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akapaul26 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift akapaul26 Ad-Free
2nd August 2013, 02:18 AM |#24  
Flag Jersey
Thanks Meter: 110

More
Awesome. Been waiting for this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Psych0t1c20 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Psych0t1c20 Ad-Free
2nd August 2013, 02:48 AM |#25  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag Ellicott City

Donate to Me
More
Just wanted to say thanks to everybody that's giving this thread so much action! This being my first post of this nature, I never expected the response to be so good! I'm so glad everyone seems to be lovin these keyboards! Be sure to thank rompnit as well! They did originate from his M.O.A.R. ROM and that is my main insperation for this thread! Thanks again for all the support! Long live ANDROID!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shaftamle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Shaftamle Ad-Free
2nd August 2013, 03:19 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 145

More
Quote:

Just wanted to say thanks to everybody that's giving this thread so much action! This being my first post of this nature, I never expected the response to be so good! I'm so glad everyone seems to be lovin these keyboards! Be sure to thank rompnit as well! They did originate from his M.O.A.R. ROM and that is my main insperation for this thread! Thanks again for all the support! Long live ANDROID!

You're a talented Dev man. Get used to the action. :thumbup:
The Following User Says Thank You to coldhardtruth For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift coldhardtruth Ad-Free
2nd August 2013, 03:44 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
OMG! super thank you for this thread. weeeeeeeeew!!
The Following User Says Thank You to alicepattinson For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alicepattinson Ad-Free
2nd August 2013, 03:49 AM |#28  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag Ellicott City

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldhardtruth

You're a talented Dev man. Get used to the action. :thumbup:

Thanks man, I appreciate it. :beer::thumbup::thumbup::beer:

3rd August 2013, 02:06 AM |#29  
Shangri-La
Thanks Meter: 62

More
No Dice
So I tried installing the ShaftaRed.apk and followed the instructions. I uninstalled google keyboard and tried to install the .apk. I got a message saying that it couldn't be installed because there was already a signed application with that name. So I tried the .zip. Wiped the cache & dalvik in CWM. I installed the .zip and rebooted. Reboot went fine and android updated apps okay. I went to go test it out and I had no keyboard, only voice. I went into the settings and all I had was the voice option and this Hindi option. Had to reinstall google keyboard from the play store and I hoped that the theme would take effect there but no dice. Any idea on what went wrong?
3rd August 2013, 02:29 AM |#30  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag Ellicott City

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggaloDroid

So I tried installing the ShaftaRed.apk and followed the instructions. I uninstalled google keyboard and tried to install the .apk. I got a message saying that it couldn't be installed because there was already a signed application with that name. So I tried the .zip. Wiped the cache & dalvik in CWM. I installed the .zip and rebooted. Reboot went fine and android updated apps okay. I went to go test it out and I had no keyboard, only voice. I went into the settings and all I had was the voice option and this Hindi option. Had to reinstall google keyboard from the play store and I hoped that the theme would take effect there but no dice. Any idea on what went wrong?

For reasons im still trying to figure out, sometime even if you uninstall it, it leaves files behind. Particurly in th /app/app-lib folder. Try this: Use a root browser. Go to /data/app and delete the Google keyboard apk. Its labeled: com.google.android.inputmethod.latin-1
Then go to /data/app-lib and delete the folder named: com.google.android.inputmethod.latin-1
If there are two of those folders that is definitely the problem. That folder the library for the keyboard in it. Once you have deleted one of those folders reboot recovery and flash it again. Let me know what happens.

The Following User Says Thank You to Shaftamle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Shaftamle Ad-Free
3rd August 2013, 07:14 PM |#31  
Shangri-La
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Quote:

For reasons im still trying to figure out, sometime even if you uninstall it, it leaves files behind. Particurly in th /app/app-lib folder. Try this: Use a root browser. Go to /data/app and delete the Google keyboard apk. Its labeled: com.google.android.inputmethod.latin-1
Then go to /data/app-lib and delete the folder named: com.google.android.inputmethod.latin-1
If there are two of those folders that is definitely the problem. That folder the library for the keyboard in it. Once you have deleted one of those folders reboot recovery and flash it again. Let me know what happens.

No joy once again unfortunately. I've tried it on mine and my wife's Galaxy Nexus to no avail. We're both unlocked, rooted, and stock 4.3. I've used Rom Toolbox Root Browser to go into the folders you suggested.

Now we both had in /data/app com.google.android.inputmethod.latin-1; but, because of the update we also also had one with the suffix 2. The same applied in /data/app-lib. I uninstalled the app update from the play store on both devices. When I went to the root browser this left both of us with latin-1 in both folders. So I deleted the latin-1 in /data/app and rebooted into recovery.

*EDIT* - When I deleted the latin-1 from /data/app and exited the folder I went back into the folder and it was back as if I never deleted it.

I wiped/formatted the cache and dalvik with CWM, installed the .zip and rebooted.

Reboot went fine and with mine I was left with just Hindi and Pinyin for options in my input settings where my wife's phone still had her original keyboard. Neither got the custom theme unfortunately.

Do you think that this is an issue with the Galaxy Nexus or 4.3?

Thanks for your help.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android l keyboard, custom, google keyboard, number row, themed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)