Stepwise guidance to your dell streak official gingerbread 2.3.3 upgrade 407 ROM

Search This thread

therakez

Feb 10, 2011
:cool:1. download repairtool.zip from http://downloads.streakdroid.com/djsteve/
2. select the driver from this folder after unzipping repairtool, while updating the dell streak usb driver in your PC
3. then download the recovery image of 407 from the following link http://xdaforums.com/wiki...treak#Official
4. download update package 407 from same link.
5. download multirecovery flasher " http://www.4shared.com/file/p22LB2uD/MultiRecoveryFlasherv051.html" and unzip it in c:\ drive
6. rename the update package into update.pkg if its in other name
7. place that update.pkg into sd card and recovery.img into the multirecovery flasher folder and name that multirecovery flasher into some easy name like "streak".
8. then make sure that dell streak is recognized in your computer
9. then turn your dell streak off and wait for 5 sec and then press power button as well as camera button at the same time and it will show a white screen with fastboot option on the right top side
10. then wait untill there is a msg like, 'waiting for fastboot device'
11. wait for 10secs and then plug your usb cable of dell streak into your computer.
12. wait for fastboot mode_ txt.
13. then go to the command prompt in your computer (press start-accessories-command prompt)
14. then type ('"c:\.......) cd\ " )
15. then type (" c:\)cd streak ")
16. then type ("c:\streak)fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery.img ")
17. press enter, and wait untill success report pops up.
18. then type ("c:\streak)fastboot -i 0x413c reboot "")
19. dont let the phone reboot instantly press both volume up and down as well as the power button at once
20. then phone will turn on in recovery mode
21. select option "2. upgrade rom from update.pkg from sdcard option" with the help of volume down key and press camera button to start then press camera button after a confirmation option screen is displayed then wait untill updated and there will be bit delay to open to home screen dont freak out
22. done you are using a olleh 2.3.3. rom

Last edited:

r3ddr460n27

Aug 14, 2011
thank you for this useful post. it is a big help for us dell streak owners

can you please add to your post how to get rid of blinking/flashing led lights (menu, home, back) because some of us have this kind of problem after flashing stock 407 olleh rom. thank you!

therakez

Feb 10, 2011

I had such a blinks while i did for the first time upgrading to custom ROM but it blinked for just 3 times twice thats all. If you follow my steps to upgrade the ROM i hope it wont blink and wont have any problem for any one. Because i spend lots of time and collected all the information needed to upgrade my streak. I did researched for whole one day to find the dell streak ADB driver and collected all the steps that is easy to help other fellow mates to have a recent upgrade to their Dell Streak.

And I formatted my dell streak with same steps for like more than 6 times already and never had any problem. And couple of time i did with the streakmod and didnt had problem as well. I think this is the easy and detailed information to upgrade to gingerbread 2.3.3 without any problem. I saw lots of problems and lack of information in others post. So, i decided to post a detail and easier steps so mates with dell streak can enjoy the gingerbread 2.3.3

All the best guys with upgrading

Reactions: s.sawrav

Kingpappy

Jul 17, 2007
2. select the driver from this folder after unzipping repairtool, while updating the dell streak usb driver in your PC
3. then download the recovery image of 407 from the following link http://xdaforums.com/wiki...treak#Official
5. download multirecovery flasher " http://www.4shared.com/file/p22LB2uD/MultiRecoveryFlasherv051.html" and unzip it in c:\ drive
7. place that update.pkg into sd card and recovery.img into the multirecovery flasher folder and name that multirecovery flasher into some easy name like "streak".
9. then turn your dell streak off and wait for 5 sec and then press power button as well as camera button at the same time and it will show a white screen with fastboot option on the right top side
11. wait for 10secs and then plug your usb cable of dell streak into your computer.
13. then go to the command prompt in your computer (press start-accessories-command prompt)
19. dont let the phone reboot instantly press both volume up and down as well as the power button at once
21. select option "2. upgrade rom from update.pkg from sdcard option" with the help of volume down key and press camera button to start then press camera button after a confirmation option screen is displayed then wait untill updated and there will be bit delay to open to home screen dont freak out

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App

ganpath

Jul 1, 2008

which file has to be renamed

1006corp

Jul 22, 2011
is it possible to install it on all dell streak 5 devices like unlock versions? my device region is 00 , can i install it on my device?

luv_u_shark

Oct 26, 2009
Hi is there any video tutorial as i am finding this a bit difficult.Anyone please do help me with installation of gingerbread.Thanks in advance

shivamkatyal

Dec 22, 2011
im an amatuer wid android n after all the hesitations i had to upgrade . finally did it...
thanks to ur step by step procedure...i got stuck in ur step 5 6 and 7..
i found out a simplier version for those who dint understand that ..if it is of any help

Press Shift key and from right click menu on anywhere on the folder (on empty space without selecting any files or folders) open a DOS command window on that folder. Or Start menu > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt.

Now type 'cd C:\streak'. Type "dir" and you should see all the files and folders in C:\streak. Type 'fastboot' and you should see a list of command options.
type 'fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery.img' without the quotes and hit enter. You can see that your DS screen shows the response. (Make sure that the DS white screen says 'download done' or something like that.)
type 'fastboot -i 0x413c reboot' without the quotes and hit enter. This will reboot your phone. Now on rebooting, immediately enter to recovery mod (hold both volume buttons while powering on).

@kain@

Jan 17, 2011
oklahoma city
thanks for the fabulous tutorial..

so far gingerbread looks nice ... BUT after upgrading my speakers volume went way too low :( how can i fix this...with froyo were pretty loud and clear.. please help...

Ignore this post! a reboot fixed the issue :p

Last edited:

lanrey

Feb 7, 2010
Best installation Step for Any Rooted Dell Streak regardless the region

YES!!!, YOU HEARD ME RIGHT, WITHOUT USING ANY RECOVERY, WORKS FOR ANY, AGAIN ANY ROOTED DELL STREAK 5 REGARDLESS YOUR REGION...:)

1. Download Multi Recovery flasher.

2. Download the Streak_407_20707_14.pkg, yeap! Recovery image not needed

3. ...now rename the PKG file to Update.pkg and copy to the root of your SD card.

4. ALSO, create a folder name LOST.DIR , all uppercase... in the root of your SD care, if there is one there already skip this step.

5. now restart your Dell streak and hold the volume up and down button to get to recovery menu. choose 2nd menu i.e “Software upgrade via Update.pkg on SD card” and press the power button.

6. Now the decryption process. It gonna attempt to install the update and hence fail. Don't freak out. Now boot to phone normally and connect it to your PC. access your SD card and go to the LOST.DIR folder, you should see a white file with no extension with a randon digit name. example 553, file type - "file" (decrypted pkg file)

7. Now rename this white file to Update.zip, then copy it to the root of your SD card.

8. Now shutdown your Dell streak and boot to fastboot i.e power button and camera button, it should take you to the famous white page. flash Streakmod recovery using the Muitl-Recovery flasher you downloaded.

9. Phone should restart at this point, hold Volume up and down button to get to recovery menu...select Select upgrade via Update.pkg on SD card and press the power button again, this time you should get to black screen with dell logo and a caution sign.

10. Select update Zip from SD, select choose Zip from list...scroll to the "Update.Zip" and select that..installation should commence and with 10 minute you are running Olleh Gingerbread. Factory reset and select English at the first time android screen ( click language at lower right hand of the screen)

11. Leave many thanks if this works...let me know if you have any questions

lanrey

Feb 7, 2010
Hey Radimus...

Did you know that you could decrypt .PKG files and convert them to .Zip file so they are flash-able through Streakmod recovery? I figured out the trick through my dell streak... it works.;)

satishdubey2304

Mar 1, 2012
gingerbread upgrade

Hi,
Thanks for the post.
Please help me as I got stuck and my display shows wait for usb fast boot detect..........

now what to do.....

lanrey

Feb 7, 2010
If thats the case, then it means you need to install dell android adb driver on your pc so your pc can detect your dell streak through the multi-recovery flasher. Search on google for it...or check dell.com technical help for handheld devices...you should find it there as well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Best installation Step for Any Rooted Dell Streak regardless the region

YES!!!, YOU HEARD ME RIGHT, WITHOUT USING ANY RECOVERY, WORKS FOR ANY, AGAIN ANY ROOTED DELL STREAK 5 REGARDLESS YOUR REGION...:)

1. Download Multi Recovery flasher.

2. Download the Streak_407_20707_14.pkg, yeap! Recovery image not needed

3. ...now rename the PKG file to Update.pkg and copy to the root of your SD card.

4. ALSO, create a folder name LOST.DIR , all uppercase... in the root of your SD care, if there is one there already skip this step.

5. now restart your Dell streak and hold the volume up and down button to get to recovery menu. choose 2nd menu i.e “Software upgrade via Update.pkg on SD card” and press the power button.

6. Now the decryption process. It gonna attempt to install the update and hence fail. Don't freak out. Now boot to phone normally and connect it to your PC. access your SD card and go to the LOST.DIR folder, you should see a white file with no extension with a randon digit name. example 553, file type - "file" (decrypted pkg file)

7. Now rename this white file to Update.zip, then copy it to the root of your SD card.

8. Now shutdown your Dell streak and boot to fastboot i.e power button and camera button, it should take you to the famous white page. flash Streakmod recovery using the Muitl-Recovery flasher you downloaded.

9. Phone should restart at this point, hold Volume up and down button to get to recovery menu...select Select upgrade via Update.pkg on SD card and press the power button again, this time you should get to black screen with dell logo and a caution sign.

10. Select update Zip from SD, select choose Zip from list...scroll to the "Update.Zip" and select that..installation should commence and with 10 minute you are running Olleh Gingerbread. Factory reset and select English at the first time android screen ( click language at lower right hand of the screen)

11. Leave many thanks if this works...let me know if you have any questions
    Welcome aboard :)

Hey buddy my DS is upgraded to new miui with CPU 1.3g :).
    Many thanks man.

Sent from my Dell Streak using xda app-developers app

It's alright buddie, glad to know it all worked out for you. One more thing...you can always change the theme. Enjoy, and let me know if you have any questions in the future... I will always try to give it my best shot' alright?

Cheers

I had such a blinks while i did for the first time upgrading to custom ROM but it blinked for just 3 times twice thats all. If you follow my steps to upgrade the ROM i hope it wont blink and wont have any problem for any one. Because i spend lots of time and collected all the information needed to upgrade my streak. I did researched for whole one day to find the dell streak ADB driver and collected all the steps that is easy to help other fellow mates to have a recent upgrade to their Dell Streak.

And I formatted my dell streak with same steps for like more than 6 times already and never had any problem. And couple of time i did with the streakmod and didnt had problem as well. I think this is the easy and detailed information to upgrade to gingerbread 2.3.3 without any problem. I saw lots of problems and lack of information in others post. So, i decided to post a detail and easier steps so mates with dell streak can enjoy the gingerbread 2.3.3

All the best guys with upgrading
    in regards to your Dell streak restarting or freezing after installing olleh

Glad to know the procedures worked for you. And I understand you seem to have restarting issues or perhaps freezes. Well, here is what you need to do. Boot your device into the strained recovery I. The screen with the caution triangle sign next to the Dell logo. Scroll through the menus and wipe Delvik cache, wipe data...and finally do a factory reset using Dell recovery (important) which is found at the the screen you get to when you restart the device and hold the volume up & down buttons together. Hope the helps. Let me know...yeah!?. Hospice. Cheers

---------- Post added at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 AM ----------

Glad to know the procedures worked for you. And I understand you seem to have restarting issues or perhaps freezes. Well, here is what you need to do. Boot your device into the streakmod recovery I.e. The screen with the caution triangle sign next to the Dell logo. Scroll through the menus and wipe Delvik cache, wipe data...and finally do a factory reset using Dell recovery (important) which is found at the the screen you get to when you restart the device and hold the volume up & down buttons together. Hope the helps. Let me know...yeah!?. Goodluck. Cheers