[dev][wip][jb-sense5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bia90

Jul 28, 2012
Bologna
R: [dev][wip][jb-sense]

There is any news? This is a very interesting project!!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda app-developers app

D

Deleted member 1208057

Just in case Blink Feed doesn't work, are you gonna use Flipboard's samples? :eek:

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

bosas200

Feb 28, 2012
Šilutė
How much work is done for now? Its very interesting and i cant to not ask :D

NiCk.JaY

Nov 23, 2012
I'm really impressed with sense 5, I surely am getting the One for me and family. I'd love to see sense 5 on DHD though. All the best shaky

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda premium

hungrylion

Mar 14, 2013
If anyone finds a sense5 rom leak pass it on here pls thank yu

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Not like this is to make ANY difference as this thread is clearly dead - no surprises there!

Here's a stock-ish sense 5 ROM from RD/RC mike1986

And here is one that's been ported over to the droid DNA/ butterfly. Maybe it'll help, who knows :D

P.S. sense 5 is 4.1.2 if anyone cares.

P.P.S if ARHD wont download check out Llabtoofer's (formerly football) thread here. Don't be shy, it's only 0.0.0.1 version behind!

Also, the ROM is 900MB large - 1080p assets? - so I guess dev's will probably have to repartition the DHD internal storage or rip out the ROM, resize everything and lots of image compression amongst other severe diets!

And this post is probably most usefull to a real dev like torxx or team venom someone. can someone please get this to their attention :)

Last edited:
Reactions: thachtunganh

mygamers

Aug 8, 2012
I think its impossible to port sense 5
Its better he work on JB Sense 4+

Send From my HTC One X+

thachtunganh

Mar 19, 2011
Hà Nội - Hanoi
I think its impossible to port sense 5
Its better he work on JB Sense 4+

Send From my HTC One X+

Everrything is possible.
Only one problem: The Time.
My old device is LG-P500, if you check its original development subforum, you can see it still can run well on Android 4.2.2 with 3.0.y kernel.

Ofcourse that newer ROM will have bigger size, but we can remove useless system appications (Example: Mirror, :facepalm: how can you use it without a front camera, port the hardware? And some others apps like HTC Stock, HTC Hub, Friend Stream, HTC Watch, HTC Car, Google Maps,... You can remove or move them to /data partition.)

We can also resize the framework resource and system applications to decrease the size of them.

There are many others ways, it is possible, and i believe that we can do it!

P.S: Anyway, i don't like to work on a closed source project (kanged project), but if you need my help, i will try my best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread has been created for the discussion and development of HTC Sense 5 Operating System Android 4.+ Jellybean, Once I get a hold of the device I will develop on both the Kernel & ROM side of things

Kernel development:

ROM development:

Source code:
    Download Link:
    Lets not Argue :D, my base is nearly complete only 3 more things then I'll get onto testing on the msm7x30 device, once booting, I'll release in the device forum and here for you guys to use :) inshallah
    Bad news........:eek:

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda premium

I accidentally clicked thanks, lol. :D

Yeah, if it had been booted, it would have been released long ago.
    And when that bold statement was made, there was only small progress made on the Sense5 kernel itself (the only thing we need) judging by the current state of it. Even now it's not looking like there is an easy fix to get it booting. Anyway, let's hope that Shaky, Pacha, tweakos and other devs working on it will make us happy once again ;)
    This original thread has been reopened yay :D
    you guys are incapable of providing it, samerd got past splash screen with my kernel n went AWOL for a week, all i can say is whatever you guys decide, if you can provide a log sure provide and ill move onto the next step, otherwise ill get this thread closed within the next couple of days n wont look back dont need my time wasted ive offered to help of people dont want help not my problem thank yiou

In 3 words to summarise this: The Kernel Booted

Hello! Had lots of work with my other android devices, but I'm free now. Sorry to hear that no-one provided a log but I can take a log today. I know how to take logcats, you mean them or if you have any other way of taking logs (Like looking at the last_kmsg)

Is this the lastest kernel? So I wipe my previous boot and then flash the zimage using fastboot flash zimage zImage. And I guess the rest of the files go into the modules folder.

Update: ADB is not working or pacman rom doesn't make usb debugging on by default... However it passed the splash screen. I got the logs from recovery where adb worked, however there was no last_kmsg. I tested this on a PAC 4.2.2 Bulid, it did boot, the buttons vibrated showing that it worked. And when I rotate the screen, the screen changes from red to yellow with the jellybean animation :D. The only log I got is dmesg and here is it attached.

Update2: Will do another dmesg test brb 5 mins

Update3: Posted, new dmesg and added a pic of what I mean by red screen.

So my steps to get upto this was:
    1) Wipe everything from previous rom
    2) Flash PacMan 4.2.2 (Or any JB Bulid)
    3) Download Aroma File Explorer and added it to the sd card by mounting usb storage in recovery
    4) Mounted system
    5) Copied the modules into system/lib/modules using aroma file explorer
    6) Went into power menu then reboot into bootloader
    7) In bootloader I flashed zimage using fastboot flash zimage zImage
    8) I let it boot for 10 mins whilst I had some coffee :D
    9) After I saw that it booted to a red screen, I tried pressing buttons it vibrated, I tried rotating screen it rotated with the jb animation to a yellow screen.

Conclusion: the kernel works, just graphical issues (i.e screen). The screen problem also had happened when the HD2 Sense 5 developers were developing, I'd reccomend to see their thread to see what they did to fix the screen.

Note
    Dmesg.txt is the dmesg of the device rebooted the 2nd time and the red screen didn't appear or it didn't work or I just needed to wait

Dmesgtwo.txt is the dmesg of the device booted on the 1st time when it had a red screen and the buttons were working (vibration) and when you rotate it rotated with a jelly bean animation to a yellow screen.