Lollipop Google Keyboard for ALL PHONES!! No root needed! Updated: 7/26/16

Why do you like best about this keyboard?

• The Material themes

Votes: 299 61.3%
  • That it's from the Lollipop leak

Votes: 46 9.4%
  • That it can be installed on all phones

Votes: 143 29.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Shaftamle

Inactive Recognized Themer
Lollipop Keyboard​
Presented By:
SHAFTAMLE

Welcome to Lollipop Keyboard. This thread was originally created to share a working version of the Lollipop Developer Preview Google keyboard. Since then, a newer version of the Google Keyboard, that can be installed by most, has been released on the Play Store. So rather than getting rid of a thread that generated 380,000+ downloads in 30 days, I've decided to update it instead! Why you ask? Well, now, not only can you experience the Official Google Keyboard on any phone, you can now do it with a built in number row!!!!
  • No root needed!
  • No uninstall of other Google Keyboards needed!
  • Works on Nexus, Motorola and any other phone that may have Google Keyboard preinstalled!

Rules
PLEASE do not repost these keyboards or their links anywhere else!
If you would like to share it with others, post the link to this thread ONLY!
PLEASE do not use these keyboards in any ROM, Xposed Mod or other project without permission!
If you would like to use them, PLEASE PM me first!

Special Thanks
@PhilDX- For all his help with the initial creation of the first 123 Series Keyboards. His knowledge and help provided me the ability to add new languages and further push development in both of my threads.

Instructions
  1. Download apk
  2. Install downloaded apk
  3. Enable keyboard in language and input settings but do not make it your default keyboard yet
  4. Open Keyboard settings and select the Text Correction menu. Personalized Suggestions should be off and NEEDS to remain that way to prevent force closes. Sorry, this is a new Google Play Services limitation. There is nothing I can do about it.
  5. Now make it your default keyboard and enjoy!
  6. DONE!!

Known Bugs
Lollipop Keyboards will force close if the "Personalized Suggestions" option is enabled in the keyboard settings. This is a limitation caused by a June 2016 Goggle Play Service update. There is nothing I can do to fix it, sorry.

FixedLandscape mode crashes on some apps. This is most likely due to the app your using and not the keyboard as landscape works on most Google apps. I'm looking into it. So if it's using latest version of Google keyboard that catches your interest, please check back.

Please check out my other thread if it's themes that you seek!
Themed Google Keyboards!!

Themed Google Keyboards has over 150 different options to choose from! There is approximately 73 different themes, all available with or without a built in number row. 16 of the 155 different choices are Material Designs. They are all based off the play store version. There is truly a keyboard for any theme with new ones added frequently! Make sure you check it out!!

Please rate the thread and hit the "Thanks" button if this helped you out!!
Click here to send a much appreciated donation!! Thank you and enjoy!!

Downloads​

Official Version

Lollipop Keyboard 1.2
Based on Official Google Keyboard Release Version#: 4.0.21203.1613964

Lollipop 123 Keyboard 1.2
Number row works on MOST languages including:
  • English
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Russian
  • Arabic
  • Swiss
  • German
  • And More!!

Lollipop Symbol Keyboard 1.2
Symbol shortcuts work on Qwerty based keyboards including:
  • English
  • Spanish
  • Danish
  • Dutch
  • Italian
  • Swiss
  • Polish
  • Portuguese
  • Romanian
  • Slovak
  • French (Canadian)
  • And More!!

Some languages have partial functionality including:
  • French (Switzerland)
  • Italian (Switzerland)
  • German (Switzerland)
  • German

Lollipop 123Symbol Keyboard 1.2
Number row and symbol shortcuts work on Qwerty and Qwertz based keyboards including:
  • English
  • Spanish
  • French (Qwertz)
  • Dutch
  • Italian
  • Polish
  • Portuguese
  • Romanian
  • Slovak
  • French (Canadian)
  • And More!!

• French (Switzerland)
  • Italian (Switzerland)
  • German (Switzerland)
  • German

Developer Preview Version
Lollipop Google Keyboard
Based on Final Lollipop Google Keyboard Release Version#: 4.0.21203.1613964Depreciated
By: Shaftamle

Change Log

7/26/2016- Bug fix update! Changed the names of the 1#3 Keyboard and !@# Keyboard to avoid confusion. Fixed the keyboards that were not working on tablets. Deactivated the "Personalized Suggestion" feature by default to help avoid force closes. You still need to open Text Corrections menu upon first installation to avoid/stop force closing. Only now, the option is already deactivated. Enjoy!!

1/10/2016- Introducing, Lollipop 1#3 Keyboard 1.1!! Just like the original Lollipop Keyboard but with a dedicated number row AND built in long press symbol shortcuts!! Currently supporting Qwerty based keyboard layouts!! Enjoy!!

4/24/2015- Introducing, Lollipop !@# Keyboard 1.1!! Just like the original Lollipop Keyboard but with long press shortcuts for symbols included on the main keys!! Currently supporting Qwerty based keyboard layouts!! Enjoy!!

12/12/2014- Lollipop Keyboard Version 1.1 released! Based on new Play Store Version #4.0.21203.1613964! Also, fixed number row not showing up on tablets in landscape mode. Added screen shots to main thread! Enjoy!!

12/2/2014- Lollipop Keboard updated to official Google Keyboard version # 4.0.21173.1568296! Force close in landscape fixed!
Also introducing, Lollipop 123 Keyboard!! Just like the original Lollipop Keyboard but with a built in number row!!

10/18/2014- Lollipop Keyboard released, based on final Android L Developer Preview. Google Keyboard version # 4.0.21003.1519572

Attachments

• HoloWhite.png
    HoloWhite.png
    87.2 KB · Views: 63,032
  • HoloBlue.png
    HoloBlue.png
    83.5 KB · Views: 60,623
  • MaterialDark.png
    MaterialDark.png
    87.9 KB · Views: 58,082
  • MaterialLight.png
    MaterialLight.png
    86.3 KB · Views: 58,380
  • 123HoloWhite.png
    123HoloWhite.png
    98.2 KB · Views: 57,233
  • 123HoloBlue.png
    123HoloBlue.png
    96.4 KB · Views: 55,695
  • 123MaterialDark.png
    123MaterialDark.png
    97.5 KB · Views: 57,378
  • 123MaterialLight.png
    123MaterialLight.png
    96.1 KB · Views: 55,510
Last edited:

Shaftamle

Downloading...[
Edit: Not working on my Rom, when I select Google keyboard and go to settings is ok. As soon as I hit back button automatically returns to my previous keyboard.

Enviado do meu SM-G900I através de Tapatalk

I'm not really sure what you mean. But make sure its enabled. It should look like this.

Sent from a Shaftamle Galaxy S4
"Thanks Button" is always appreciated!
CheckOutMyThemedGoogleKeyboards!!!!!!
Verizon: Making modders lives' miserable since 2008
MyColorScreen

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413662941466.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413662941466.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 19,725
Reactions: ramzitunisia

sbk_hbk

Aug 20, 2012
I don't see anything new when compared to kitkat version, what's new?

Sent from my SM-N9005

HmMarques

Feb 2, 2014
Setúbal
www.dolphinbay.pt
Last edited:

Shaftamle

Reactions: manuski

Vtrendzzy

Nov 13, 2012
The new thing is inside. If you use default android keyboard then this is twice as good as KitKat keyboard on aosp rom. Thanks op. This keyboard is the fastest keyboard I've ever i used. No glitches at all. I'm on xperia u with 512 mb ram.

Shaftamle

Maybe its my rom, as I never tried another keyboard before on this rom.
What I was talking about was this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UlkqVexnb8&feature=youtu.be

That was definitely strange. .. Possibly some setting in the ROM? Maybe try to freeze the other keyboard with tibu and see if it sticks. I'll try to look into it to make sure it's not on my end.

MyColorScreen

radibim

Jul 4, 2014
Moto E4
Moto G Power
Fc on rotate

Thanks for the upload its working smoothly in the vertical orientation but from the time the orientation changes the keyboard force closes (this happens when using any of the 4 themes ) :confused:

Shaftamle

App crash when rotate to landscape mode... Anyone?

TaP 1+1

Try reinstalling. That happened to me as well. Do you have it installed as a user or system app?
I will investigate. For me, I get forecloses on certain apps. Google now landscape works fine. Go SMS, force close. I'll try to figure this out. It might be a google issue because I noticed the same problem on the official unmodded keyboard that came straight from the dev preview.

And @radibim
MyColorScreen

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lollipop Keyboard​
    Presented By:
    SHAFTAMLE

Welcome to Lollipop Keyboard. This thread was originally created to share a working version of the Lollipop Developer Preview Google keyboard. Since then, a newer version of the Google Keyboard, that can be installed by most, has been released on the Play Store. So rather than getting rid of a thread that generated 380,000+ downloads in 30 days, I've decided to update it instead! Why you ask? Well, now, not only can you experience the Official Google Keyboard on any phone, you can now do it with a built in number row!!!!
    • No root needed!
    • No uninstall of other Google Keyboards needed!
    • Works on Nexus, Motorola and any other phone that may have Google Keyboard preinstalled!

Rules
    PLEASE do not repost these keyboards or their links anywhere else!
    If you would like to share it with others, post the link to this thread ONLY!
    PLEASE do not use these keyboards in any ROM, Xposed Mod or other project without permission!
    If you would like to use them, PLEASE PM me first!

Special Thanks
    @PhilDX- For all his help with the initial creation of the first 123 Series Keyboards. His knowledge and help provided me the ability to add new languages and further push development in both of my threads.

Instructions
    1. Download apk
    2. Install downloaded apk
    3. Enable keyboard in language and input settings but do not make it your default keyboard yet
    4. Open Keyboard settings and select the Text Correction menu. Personalized Suggestions should be off and NEEDS to remain that way to prevent force closes. Sorry, this is a new Google Play Services limitation. There is nothing I can do about it.
    5. Now make it your default keyboard and enjoy!
    6. DONE!!

Known Bugs
    Lollipop Keyboards will force close if the "Personalized Suggestions" option is enabled in the keyboard settings. This is a limitation caused by a June 2016 Goggle Play Service update. There is nothing I can do to fix it, sorry.

FixedLandscape mode crashes on some apps. This is most likely due to the app your using and not the keyboard as landscape works on most Google apps. I'm looking into it. So if it's using latest version of Google keyboard that catches your interest, please check back.

Please check out my other thread if it's themes that you seek!
    Themed Google Keyboards!!

Themed Google Keyboards has over 150 different options to choose from! There is approximately 73 different themes, all available with or without a built in number row. 16 of the 155 different choices are Material Designs. They are all based off the play store version. There is truly a keyboard for any theme with new ones added frequently! Make sure you check it out!!

Please rate the thread and hit the "Thanks" button if this helped you out!!
    Click here to send a much appreciated donation!! Thank you and enjoy!!

Downloads​

Official Version

Lollipop Keyboard 1.2

Lollipop 123 Keyboard 1.2
    Number row works on MOST languages including:
    • English
    • Spanish
    • French
    • Russian
    • Arabic
    • Swiss
    • German
    • And More!!

Lollipop Symbol Keyboard 1.2
    Symbol shortcuts work on Qwerty based keyboards including:
    • English
    • Spanish
    • Danish
    • Dutch
    • Italian
    • Swiss
    • Polish
    • Portuguese
    • Romanian
    • Slovak
    • French (Canadian)
    • And More!!

• French (Switzerland)
    • Italian (Switzerland)
    • German (Switzerland)
    • German

Lollipop 123Symbol Keyboard 1.2
    Number row and symbol shortcuts work on Qwerty and Qwertz based keyboards including:
    • English
    • Spanish
    • French (Qwertz)
    • Dutch
    • Italian
    • Polish
    • Portuguese
    • Romanian
    • Slovak
    • French (Canadian)
    • And More!!

• French (Switzerland)
    • Italian (Switzerland)
    • German (Switzerland)
    • German

Developer Preview Version
    Lollipop Google Keyboard
    Based on Final Lollipop Google Keyboard Release Version#: 4.0.21203.1613964Depreciated
    By: Shaftamle

Change Log

7/26/2016- Bug fix update! Changed the names of the 1#3 Keyboard and !@# Keyboard to avoid confusion. Fixed the keyboards that were not working on tablets. Deactivated the "Personalized Suggestion" feature by default to help avoid force closes. You still need to open Text Corrections menu upon first installation to avoid/stop force closing. Only now, the option is already deactivated. Enjoy!!

1/10/2016- Introducing, Lollipop 1#3 Keyboard 1.1!! Just like the original Lollipop Keyboard but with a dedicated number row AND built in long press symbol shortcuts!! Currently supporting Qwerty based keyboard layouts!! Enjoy!!

4/24/2015- Introducing, Lollipop !@# Keyboard 1.1!! Just like the original Lollipop Keyboard but with long press shortcuts for symbols included on the main keys!! Currently supporting Qwerty based keyboard layouts!! Enjoy!!

12/12/2014- Lollipop Keyboard Version 1.1 released! Based on new Play Store Version #4.0.21203.1613964! Also, fixed number row not showing up on tablets in landscape mode. Added screen shots to main thread! Enjoy!!

12/2/2014- Lollipop Keboard updated to official Google Keyboard version # 4.0.21173.1568296! Force close in landscape fixed!
    Also introducing, Lollipop 123 Keyboard!! Just like the original Lollipop Keyboard but with a built in number row!!

10/18/2014- Lollipop Keyboard released, based on final Android L Developer Preview. Google Keyboard version # 4.0.21003.1519572
    New keyboard is posted!! Check out Lollipop 1#3 Keyboard!! Built in number row AND symbol shortcuts as promised! Sorry for the delay and thank you all for your support!! ENJOY!

149ThemedGoogleKeyboards!!!!!!
    Eclipse ROM fatness!
    MyColorScreen
    Unfortunately, its not looking good for the immediate future of this project. Any recompilation of Google Keyboard 4.1 and up breaks sync capabilities. Therefore, there will no longer be updates coinciding with Google Keyboard releases. If something changes or I find a fix/workaround I will gladly update this thread with the newest version.

There will be one more release which will include a number row keyboard with built in symbols as requested by many. The final release will be based on the last usable Google Keyboard and will include many new languages for all available keyboard options.

Thank you all for your support! :thumbup:

149ThemedGoogleKeyboards!!!!!!
    Eclipse ROM fatness!
    MyColorScreen