Brain's Taskbar WM6.5 ~ gfreek edition V6 - Development on HOLD!!

Search This thread

ir1z

Nov 25, 2010
Just installed this on my htc hd2 File
Type: cab V6 TEST 5 HD2 GSM Only 1.66 WEE.cab (1.35 MB, 10418 views)

Currently using winmo 6.5 manila 1921 rom 1.48. However the start button is using F how to change it to H type? As i would like the HTC start logo. TQ

wigwam12

Feb 1, 2010
Could someone please tell me how to pick a different start button from the diff options when I install this?
I get f square which is okay but want to see what the round blue one looks like.

TheBrainiac

May 24, 2010
Very thanks for this excelent taskbar.Two things do not work on my T-Mobile Stock ROM (latest):

- icon for missing no sim card is not shown
- icon incomming sms is not shown

in both cases the normal win mobile icons are dieplayed.
(I use your version V5a)

A happy new year to all of you out there on the screens

alexisdrosopoulos

Dec 27, 2010
i have a problem...ive installed all of the versions in my htc hd mini and when im trying to slow the volume down there is no response...can anybody help me?

thanks

Skrobel

Jan 14, 2010
Piaseczno
You don't use WinMo 6.5.x ROM, do you?

I had similar problem with Bilbobrian's taskbar. I discovered that the file HTCVolumeControl.dll used in the taskbar's installation cab was not compatible with the version of the system.

What I did was uninstalling of the taskbar (the volume keys started to work again), copied the file HTCVolumeControl.dll from \Windows\ to storage card, then installed the taskbar again and then finally I copied the HTCVolumeControl.dll from the storage card to \Windows\ overwriting the file that was delivered with the taskbar. Now everything works fine.

There are 3 icons in HTCVolumeControl.dll (Ringer, Vibrate and Silent) but I've discovered that the newer SYS versions dont use these anymore. There are also copy of them in phcanoverBmp.dll, and this is the one current systems use. So in most cases it's safe to leave the original Volume control dll instead of installing the one that is delivered with the taskbar.

theorbitter

Mar 26, 2011
Re: Brain's Taskbar WM6.5

Sorry, I didn't bother to go through nearly 900 replies to this post, so my question is possible a duplicate:
will the taskbar icon package also work on a Chinese HD2 dual sim clone where there are two phone reception symbols in the taskbar?

Skrobel

Jan 14, 2010
Piaseczno
In my opinion it is highly improbable. Different dlls may have different resource hooks.
On the other hand the gfreek's cab is fully uninstallable (I had problems with it once and after uninstalling the original files were restored), so you can try to install it, se if it works, and then just uninstall.
Of course a good practice is to backup your data, because messing with system dlls can sometimes have unexpected outcome.