[Q] What is the typical battery life on a stock/unrooted One?

Search This thread

ctyonthehil

Apr 5, 2011
Columbus
Unfortunately, stock Sense doesn't report screen on time natively. A lot of people use an app called GSam. It reports screen, wake, radio, WiFi and various other system related times. It's an invaluable tool to help optimize your phone and track down renegade apps/process.

Sent from my HTC One

Attachments

• 1389906749661.jpg
    1389906749661.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 100

Kazniques

Jan 19, 2014
unrooted this seems to be the norm. there's a slew of VZW bloat apps that will check to see if you are using them once an a while, also blink feed refreshing often will have this impact.

right now on rooted Ecliptic rom i can get about 12 hours up time with 3.5 hours screen and still have 45% battery left. This is mainly on 4g some WiFi. this a 4.4 rom and has the options to turn things off the stock system cant like blinkfeed.

-wait till the offical comes out ( rummored to be at the end of this month) it should help-

thanks!

Jrocker23

Mar 7, 2010
Staten Island, NY
I'm fully stock with bloat and get 12-14 hours with moderate to heavy use. If I use it all day nonstop, I get about 8 hours... This is with wifi about 70% of the day. With 4g I can go 10hrs on moderate.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-19-23-00-30.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-01-19-23-00-30.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Crawshayi

May 7, 2012
I stopped worrying about battery life so much and disabled the percent readout on the notification bar. That said, I easily get a full day of moderate to heavy use and then some. It was a pleasant surprise to get almost the same battery life as my S4 had.

Fu5ion

Nov 10, 2012
Boston, MA
I stopped worrying about battery life so much and disabled the percent readout on the notification bar. That said, I easily get a full day of moderate to heavy use and then some. It was a pleasant surprise to get almost the same battery life as my S4 had.

Yeah I came over from the S4 originally too. I'm on a GE ROM now, and I get better battery life than my S4 did on touchwiz, so I'm happy.

Sent from my HTCOneVZW using Tapatalk

ctyonthehil

Apr 5, 2011
Columbus

I really should do this, but it's difficult to have to wonder if I'll make it to the end of the day or not. :eek:

But out of sight, out of mind would probably make it better.

donatelli

Dec 4, 2010
Buffalo
I was getting really great battery life on stock, but I've since changed to a custom ROM. Battery would last me about 11-12 hours with 4G/GPS always on, and some heavy browsing 2 hours a day or so at work. When not at work it would last even longer.

The One's battery life has been one of the big positives for me.

brholt6

Oct 10, 2013
This ship has kind of sailed, but since I haven't been completely stock until last week I wasn't sure what I could pull off. Managed to get some decently impressive numbers yesterday.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1390912471448.jpg
    1390912471448.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 40
Jun 18, 2013
My wife and I both have Ones, mine is rooted and S-off etc., and hers is stock as can be. She's probably a good example of an average, every day, non power type user.
Before we got the Ones, she had a Blackberry Curve.
She gets work email on her phone, a lot of email, and mostly uses it for that and actual talking to people. She's connected to wi-fi at home, and nowhere else. As far as I know she hasn't downloaded an app, although the kids may have put some on her phone since last I looked.

My battery life is pretty good, usually 35%+ left at the end of a day (6AM to 10PM) of surfing, game playing, running apps, changing settings, messing with fonts, using widgets etc.

She gets two full days, easily - 48 hours plus, on one charge, if she needs to.

(I think users like her are part of the reason "power" users are always asking why smart phone manufacturers can't put longer lasting batteries in phones. As long as some percentage of users gets a couple of days of use, the stats can look good.)

Last edited:

DeerSteak

Jul 25, 2011
Well I went to stock around the time that the first non-Developer versions got KitKat and I've gotta say, the battery life is pretty good. If you leave it completely alone and never turn it on, I get around 10 hours on 7-8% of the battery, equating to about 3 days of standby no-use time. It's only when you turn on the display that the battery gets drained. Fortunately I can get just enough information out of BetterBatteryStats on an un-rooted 4.3 install to see that I get around 4 hours of screen-on time and about 17 hours of off-the-charger time in a day, and it hits around 10-15% (depending on how much screen-on time is games vs. Facebook, for example) at bedtime. I have absolutely zero complaints because I work in an office. If I want to plug it in for an hour before I leave for the day, I've got almost a full battery to play with for 6-7 hours and I have no problem making it last. I do NOT have the option to turn off data when unused for long periods checked, and I never play with radios. Everything is on all the time - Bluetooth, NFC, wifi.

My wife's SGS4 still does not get that good battery life after being updated from 4.2.2 to 4.3. She's getting a solid 12-13 hours with the same screen-on time. It just either uses more for the screen or doesn't do as well at idle. Not sure which.