Installing programmes on WM2005

Search This thread

k.griffin

Nov 1, 2004
Upgraded XDA2 running 2003 to an XDA Mini S running 2005. Programmes that I previously had running on 2003 (Amirsys/Elsevier -Pocket Radiologist series). Despite many suggestions and help from Elseviers techies in St Louis they now think it's an incompatibility that cannot be overcome. Has anyone any experience of patches etc or are these programmes now completely useless.

Having said that, I find the functionality of 2005 good with calls made and taken whilst running TomTom 5.21 - which is a vast improvement!

da4walker

Apr 17, 2005
I think the only way is to watch out for a new version which is WM 5 compatible.
But I don't understand how u can make an XDA 2 to an XDA mini s with an rom upgrade? I think u mean something different.
cu

k.griffin

Nov 1, 2004
No. I've changed my XDA2 to an XDA Mini S (wizard) which is why I'm now using WM5. Kind of wish I'd stuck with WM3.

Looked in profiles but no option for newer phones

k.griffin

Nov 1, 2004
No. I've changed my XDA2 to an XDA Mini S (wizard) which is why I'm now using WM5. Kind of wish I'd stuck with WM3.

Looked in profiles but no option for newer phones

wizard76

Oct 21, 2006
Hello k.griffin (& anyone else who is trying to get the Amirsys soft running under WM5),

I have some "older" programs that won't run on my new Wizard as well (including your example of Amirsys Pocket Radiologist, and, e.g. a PPC dictation program). I think this is an issue for everyone trying to migrate software to WM5 devices, and it is primarily associated with the new flash architecture of WM5.

I posted some questions regarding the Pocket Radiologist software to Elsevier, too. They said a WM5 version is being prepared but nothing has happend for quite a while now.
Interestingly, I have read forum posts that claim that by chance some people had discovered this software (and several other programs that usually can't cope with the WM5 flash architecture) will run after installing the "Arabizer" suite. This is said to be associated with changes in flash memory handling when this peculiar package is installed.

So my question to everyone who is familiar with WM5 and its memory structure: how plausible is that (at the moment I am thinking of ~1% :D ) ? I am rather unwilling to check it out blindly, because I am not fond of getting into long hours of installing and uninstalling tools for arabic character sets [that I don't need..] in vain..

Can anybody provide some statements on that ? :)

pdafre4k

Nov 30, 2005
there is a hack for pocketradiologist so it work with wm5,
let me search it in my harddisk and will post it,but its seem its illegal

lipe

Nov 15, 2006
Arabizer

I installed Arabizer, but it doesn't makes a difference !

Who has the magical hack or can fix it in the registry ?

IPAQ RW6815

jumanji1212

Mar 24, 2006
Sevilla
When I try to install ADOCEforMIMSonPDA in the device or in the sd card says: "Failed to load resource DLL MSDAERES.DLL"

What can I do?

Tnhxs

ttangcho

Dec 20, 2006
I was able to install pocket radiologist without any problem.
First I installed ADOCE.WM5.CAB, then READER APPLICATION.PPC_2577.CAB and CHEST 100.PPC_2577.CAB.
It's quite good except the radiographs are quite small on PDA screen.
What operating system is on your PDA?

cheers.

jumanji1212

Mar 24, 2006
Sevilla
I was able to install pocket radiologist without any problem.
First I installed ADOCE.WM5.CAB, then READER APPLICATION.PPC_2577.CAB and CHEST 100.PPC_2577.CAB.
It's quite good except the radiographs are quite small on PDA screen.
What operating system is on your PDA?

cheers.

Hi ttangcho,

thanks for replying. My operating system is WM5. My pda is a qtek 9000 with Spanish Rom. I tried making a soft reset before installing it, and later I tried a hard reset getting the same message in both actions.

I first tried to install ADOCEforMIMSonPDA from WM5 file but i got that message. So couldn´t keep on going.

What would you recomend me?

Thanks in advance buddy

jumanji1212

Mar 24, 2006
Sevilla
I'm using WM5 WWE and I installed it after hard reset.

Try to install Ms VB Runtime on your device first. This VB runtime includes "MSDAERES.DLL". I hope this work. By the way, I installed it successfully without VB runtime.

cheers,

I´ve got an error message when i install th Vb runtime too.:confused: :confused:

This is amazing!!! DOn´t know what to do

Any idea?

jumanji1212

Mar 24, 2006
Sevilla
ok, now vb runtime is installed on my device in the main memory without any problem. I have also installed adoce without any problem on my sd card, but i cannot find the adoce files as a program or even in the file explorer.

do i need to install any of the modules first and then substitute by the crack file?

thanks for all your help guys:)

ttangcho

Dec 20, 2006
ok, now vb runtime is installed on my device in the main memory without any problem. I have also installed adoce without any problem on my sd card, but i cannot find the adoce files as a program or even in the file explorer.

do i need to install any of the modules first and then substitute by the crack file?

thanks for all your help guys:)

Good to hear that you were able to install the program. VB runtime is way too big to put in the main memory. If you want to install VB runtime on the RAMdisk or SD card, do the followings.

1. Create "\RAMdisk\Windows" directory

2. Open your reg edit program and add \RAMdisk\Windows\ in the SystemPath

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Loader]
"SystemPath"=\RAMdisk\Windows\ \Windows\..............
(Note. this is Multi_SZ)

or you can cut and paste the following and add to your registry.
----------------------------------------------------

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Loader]
"SystemPath"=hex(7):5c,5c,52,41,4d,64,69,73,6b,5c,5c,57,69,6e,64,6f,77,73,5c,\
5c,00,5c,5c,77,69,6e,64,6f,77,73,5c,5c,6f,65,6d,5c,5c,00,5c,5c,52,65,6c,65,\
61,73,65,5c,5c,00,00,00,00

----------------------------------------------------

3. Soft Reset using SOFTWARE or power off and on couple of times and soft reset using your stylus.

4. Install VB run time on your RAMdisk.

This is how I did in order to install VB Runtime (3MB) and M$ .NET Compact platform 2.0 SP1(2.2MB) on the RAMdisk. :D

Cheers!

TTangCHo

jumanji1212

Mar 24, 2006
Sevilla
thanks you all buddies, it worked, at the end, but worked!!!

now i can go with all pocket radiologist on my handheld device, it´s really amazing!!!

see ya in another life brother:)