[ROM][GSM][ROGERS] Stock ROGERS Froyo UXJJ6 / Gingerbread UXKG1

Search This thread

theREDlegion

Apr 25, 2011
Toronto
This thread contains the stock ROGERS firmware that comes with the GT-P1000R.

Andrew_Low has provided a copy of his stock FROYO backup, which I tested on my tab and confirm that it is working. The kernel is rooted, other than that it is a clean ROGERS rom. For further details on this refer to post 2.

He was also able to capture the GINGERBREAD update (which I have not tested as of yet, any testers please post your results).
This is the stock update available from KIES. For further details on this refer to post 2.
Many thanks to him for this, if it helps you, hit his thank you button. If you find this thread helpful as well, hit my thank you button.

Instructions on flashing are not provided. If you need these files it means you know how to flash your device, have flashed a custom ROM previously, and require this to return to a stock state.

As usual FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK, don't blame ANYONE here for ANYTHING.

PLEASE NOTE: The FROYO stock ROM is currently unavailable, will be back up soon.
Downloads can be found here

Further more, I would like to thank kpetrie77 for setting up a wiki on the Samsung Galaxy Tab, the wiki is full of great links for all things Galaxy Tab. You can find it here, and if you have anything to contribute please do so as it helps everyone here at XDA.

Last edited:

Andrew_Low

Nov 22, 2011
Thanks to theREDlegion for putting this together. Happy to try to help others both on P1000 series.

The FROYO version was rooted with SuperOneClick 2.2 - if you use this utility and unroot it will remove the superuser.apk and after a reboot, adb won't connect as root. Before you do that reboot, you'll want to remove the busybox binaries /system/xbin to reach as 'near a stock state as possible'.

The GINGERBREAD version was snagged from Kies during the update process. It seems the Check Fus Donwloader doesn't know about Rogers (but it knows about Bell?!).

Real life gets in the way for hacking, but I'm motivated to make the Tab (mine included) as useful as possible beyond stock.

Last edited:

theREDlegion

Apr 25, 2011
Toronto
user8525 said:
Was hoping you could answer this question. I am currently running stock froyo on my Rogers Tab. If i update to Gingerbread is there any negatives with me wanting to upgrade in the future to other builds. Does it lock the bootloader? or is the bootloader already locked?

Thanks.

Sorry to respond almost a month later but I have not been checking my PM's regularly for the past little bit with so many other things on the go. It is better to post these kinds of questions in the thread itself, as this would help other members with similar questions. That is why I created the thread, and this is a good question to ask and answer in the thread. It is a REALLY GOOD QUESTION, that I'm sure others would be interested in and therefore I will post it in the thread. If you would like me to remove your username please contact me.

The Samsung Gingerbread release is not locked, it is signed. You CAN flash custom kernels and ROMs, DO NOT use the PATCH tool that Chainfire has provided, if that is why you ask, see that thread. That patch is an amazing tool provided by Chainfire, there is nothing wrong with the patch it just does not apply to us. If you use it, the tool will ask you to patch, DO NOT PATCH. You will screw things up with it and have to re-flash, re-stock and re-do everything just to fix it.
If you are uncertain if you should flash anything, than DON'T FLASH ANYTHING. Read, read than read some more before continuing any further.

These stock ROM's are not SamFirmware downloads, they are STOCK Rogers firmware from the device and from the update from KIES.

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011
Glad to help.

If possible can you post your results. It might be useful info for others.

Thanks,
RED

I haven't had the opportunity to restore a tab yet. One of these days someone will lend me one for testing and I will try test these files.

Looking at the files, these will need to be restored via heimdall correct?

Also looking for the Bell Froyo rom. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Andrew_Low

Nov 22, 2011
How to flash P1000R to stock Gingerbread

I wrote up how to take the Gingerbread firmware in the OP and flash it to your device.

http://lowtek.ca/roo/2012/restore-rogers-galaxy-p1000r-to-stock/

It's short and sweet. Ubuntu (Linux) as my desktop, heimdall as the flashing tool. Key is really mapping the files in the firmware to the heimdall partition names and getting through the boot sequence (flash, recovery and allow update, reboot).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread contains the stock ROGERS firmware that comes with the GT-P1000R.

Andrew_Low has provided a copy of his stock FROYO backup, which I tested on my tab and confirm that it is working. The kernel is rooted, other than that it is a clean ROGERS rom. For further details on this refer to post 2.

He was also able to capture the GINGERBREAD update (which I have not tested as of yet, any testers please post your results).
    This is the stock update available from KIES. For further details on this refer to post 2.
    Many thanks to him for this, if it helps you, hit his thank you button. If you find this thread helpful as well, hit my thank you button.

Instructions on flashing are not provided. If you need these files it means you know how to flash your device, have flashed a custom ROM previously, and require this to return to a stock state.

As usual FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK, don't blame ANYONE here for ANYTHING.

PLEASE NOTE: The FROYO stock ROM is currently unavailable, will be back up soon.
    Downloads can be found here

Further more, I would like to thank kpetrie77 for setting up a wiki on the Samsung Galaxy Tab, the wiki is full of great links for all things Galaxy Tab. You can find it here, and if you have anything to contribute please do so as it helps everyone here at XDA.
    Thanks to theREDlegion for putting this together. Happy to try to help others both on P1000 series.

The FROYO version was rooted with SuperOneClick 2.2 - if you use this utility and unroot it will remove the superuser.apk and after a reboot, adb won't connect as root. Before you do that reboot, you'll want to remove the busybox binaries /system/xbin to reach as 'near a stock state as possible'.

The GINGERBREAD version was snagged from Kies during the update process. It seems the Check Fus Donwloader doesn't know about Rogers (but it knows about Bell?!).

Real life gets in the way for hacking, but I'm motivated to make the Tab (mine included) as useful as possible beyond stock.