[DEV][Recovery] Two new recovery images || ROM devs please take note.

Search This thread

windywoo

Aug 14, 2010
Belfast
I used the program in this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=903598

but I could only get Sunaabh working with it. Sunaabh and a couple of other patches like the 4 in 1 reboot and the desire adblock package.

Does anyone else have better knowledge than myself who can analyse the scripts this program outputs to get Wildpuzzle, Openfire etc. working?

As far as I can tell it should be a case of changing a few lines but I don't know much about scripting.

nunosilva10

Nov 18, 2010
porto
I used the program in this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=903598

but I could only get Sunaabh working with it. Sunaabh and a couple of other patches like the 4 in 1 reboot and the desire adblock package.

Does anyone else have better knowledge than myself who can analyse the scripts this program outputs to get Wildpuzzle, Openfire etc. working?

As far as I can tell it should be a case of changing a few lines but I don't know much about scripting.

I used that script, it worked for me with wildpuzzle.

nunosilva10

Nov 18, 2010
porto
Whenever I tried Wildpuzzle it just stayed at the green HTC logo for 10 minutes without changing. How long did you have to wait before it changed to the custom boot animation?

I dont know, but you need to go to options> mount type and put wildfire, in file open the zip and then save, no need to set sign zipe file or batch mode.

nunosilva10

Nov 18, 2010
porto
That's what I did. Starting to wonder if my ext and cache partitions on my sdcard are having any effect.

So flash the rom this way: Go to rom manager and push "Flash clockworkmod recovery" then reboot to recovery and chosse "apply sdcard: update.zip" (the first option) and you you will go back to the old clockwork mod version (just temporarily, if you reboot recovery he will go back to new one ) and there you flash the rom normalhy, for me worked that way :)

windywoo

Aug 14, 2010
Belfast
So flash the rom this way: Go to rom manager and push "Flash clockworkmod recovery" then reboot to recovery and chosse "apply sdcard: update.zip" (the first option) and you you will go back to the old clockwork mod version (just temporarily, if you reboot recovery he will go back to new one ) and there you flash the rom normalhy, for me worked that way :)

Yeah I could do that but I am in this for the kicks. I just want the challenge of getting this ROM working using the converter. Could you post your output file either here or in the thread I linked using the code tags please?

Ikram232

Sep 21, 2013
Hello,

I have compiled two new recovery images for us from source.

ClockworkMod
The first one is ClockworkMod v3.0.0.5, based on the new Gingerbread sources. It is NOT an official ClockworkMod build and is NOT perfect. Do not bother koush about it, he will ignore you.
This recovery has a new font suited for our low resolution screen, and features orange text, as well as some nice new features. It's generally an improvement over the old ClockworkMod we have.

Download ClockworkMod v3.0.0.5

Amon_RA
I have also compiled us Amon_RA recovery based on his v2.0.0 sources. Again this is neither official nor perfect. Don't bother Amon_RA, he will probably ignore you too.

Download Amon_RA recovery here.

General info:
Both recoveries are reported to have bugs with sd-ext mounting, but other than that they seem to work okay.

Devs: It is worth noting that ClockworkMod 3.x only supports installing ROMs using Edify, (i.e. updater-script and binary), and not Amend (update-script). This is because Google actually got rid of Amend in cupcake. This DOES break installation of Sense ROMs, and so I advise devs to try out this recovery and try to move to the Edify method. Everybody else, be patient in the meantime.

You can flash either recovery using unrevoked (select custom recovery image), or using fastboot when we get S-OFF from AlphaRev (still waiting :cool:)

Feel free to contact me if you are having trouble, but I will probably only help you out if you are a dev (for now anyway). :)

Have fun :)

will the Amon Recovery require a trackball to install ROM's because my trackball is broken!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

I have compiled two new recovery images for us from source.

ClockworkMod
    The first one is ClockworkMod v3.0.0.5, based on the new Gingerbread sources. It is NOT an official ClockworkMod build and is NOT perfect. Do not bother koush about it, he will ignore you.
    This recovery has a new font suited for our low resolution screen, and features orange text, as well as some nice new features. It's generally an improvement over the old ClockworkMod we have.

Download ClockworkMod v3.0.0.5

Amon_RA
    I have also compiled us Amon_RA recovery based on his v2.0.0 sources. Again this is neither official nor perfect. Don't bother Amon_RA, he will probably ignore you too.

Download Amon_RA recovery here.

General info:
    Both recoveries are reported to have bugs with sd-ext mounting, but other than that they seem to work okay.

Devs: It is worth noting that ClockworkMod 3.x only supports installing ROMs using Edify, (i.e. updater-script and binary), and not Amend (update-script). This is because Google actually got rid of Amend in cupcake. This DOES break installation of Sense ROMs, and so I advise devs to try out this recovery and try to move to the Edify method. Everybody else, be patient in the meantime.

You can flash either recovery using unrevoked (select custom recovery image), or using fastboot when we get S-OFF from AlphaRev (still waiting :cool:)

Feel free to contact me if you are having trouble, but I will probably only help you out if you are a dev (for now anyway). :)

Have fun :)
    Hello,
    what for a rom version can i use to downgrade and then install the new recovery?

Download this http://shipped-roms.com/download.ph...3.55.24H_3.35.19.25_release_151892_signed.exe Its a oficial htc rom version 2.1 Eclair so it can be easily rooted. Run from your computer and folow instruction. Then run unrevoked and root.
    Edit: as you can probably see you will get old radio. When you root download new radio and flash it. You can find it in wildpuzlle thread. If u cant find it pm me i will send u link

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App
    Well done.

you always can flash recovery by fastboot

It seems he could not do that about 6 months ago, because there was no AlphaRevX 6 months ago. You just bumped and ancient thread. Well done. *insert clapping here*