Post Reply Email Thread
12th August 2011, 10:47 PM |#111  
CLASSIFIED
Thanks Meter: 1,923

Donate to Me
More
Something to think about :

Quote:

according to Qualcomm, is a lack of tools and education for developers to use the new technology. Developers are more accustomed to using native APIs to do all the heavy lifting, and currently Android doesn’t really support that.

Not even Qualcomm thinks dual-core is working out yet

13th August 2011, 11:26 AM |#112  
Flag Bytom, Poland
Thanks Meter: 427

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdx

When I posted my earlier message the phone was at 100%

Now the phone is at 93% and I have not even touched it. I've been out to dinner and back. "Cell standby" is at 31% usage as the top consumer. 7% lost to.. nothing. That's just aggravating.

My phone is 2.3.3 with the Build number at 3.0.1.A.0.145

It should be the latest firmware, I upgraded it about 2 months back.

Well that's interesting. My phone is at .145 still and the batt life is stellar. Phone without reboot for 20 days.
It must be an app or process which causes that.
14th August 2011, 10:12 PM |#113  
Flag Metz
Thanks Meter: 64

More
I've already a device with NVidia Tegra 2 in: Toshiba Folio 100. I don't do more with the Tablet than the Arc. The same games work on the both, many HD games work on Arc. I don't think that the dual core serves a lot on Android for now. I like UI and design of Arc that are beautiful. UI changes of basic Android and even with a dual core in the balance I chose the Arc. (same 2 choices than you).
15th August 2011, 08:29 AM |#114  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
i went with the Arc instead of the S2, because

1) The Arc was 50 euro cheaper for me (not the main deciding factor)
2) I dont like the size/form of the s2 - it just looks to big to me..
3) I dont think there's need for dual core processors in phones yet.. i loved my HTC desire - my biggest complaint was the poor battery life.. im hoping the Arc will be better - already it looks more promising - got two days from my first charge.. and thats with using the phone quite a bit.. new phone novely etc..

The S2 is no doubt the more powerful phone.. but so far im quite happy with the Arc.. it has a few quirkes.. like the way my Senheisser IE8is dont play nicely with it.. but i've been able to work around that by taping down the mic button on the earphones..
16th August 2011, 05:38 AM |#115  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by micks_address

i went with the Arc instead of the S2, because

1) The Arc was 50 euro cheaper for me (not the main deciding factor)
2) I dont like the size/form of the s2 - it just looks to big to me..
3) I dont think there's need for dual core processors in phones yet.. i loved my HTC desire - my biggest complaint was the poor battery life.. im hoping the Arc will be better - already it looks more promising - got two days from my first charge.. and thats with using the phone quite a bit.. new phone novely etc..

The S2 is no doubt the more powerful phone.. but so far im quite happy with the Arc.. it has a few quirkes.. like the way my Senheisser IE8is dont play nicely with it.. but i've been able to work around that by taping down the mic button on the earphones..

It's not about what phone is better it's what suits you, and that is the most important I'm glad that you are happy with the arc enjoy

Sent from my LT15i using XDA Premium App
16th August 2011, 08:47 AM |#116  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Someone offered to swap their mint iphone 4 for my Arc yesterday.. i have to say i was intially tempted.. but that threw me off was the screen size.. its amazing when you go to a bigger screen size how tiny the smaller screens look! ok the resolution may be better.. but looking at the screens directly its hard to tell a huge difference.. also the iphone 4 just felt like a brick in the hand compared to the Arc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poker gypsy

It's not about what phone is better it's what suits you, and that is the most important I'm glad that you are happy with the arc enjoy

Sent from my LT15i using XDA Premium App

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)