FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Sony Xperia Arc vs Samsung Galaxy S2

30 posts
Thanks Meter: 14
 
By joplin48, Junior Member on 14th March 2011, 06:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th March 2011, 11:45 AM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrami

Easy fella. It was a joke. Ofcourse at the end of the day it's all down to personal preference.

Back to the topic. I'll go for the arc because I am a sucker for eye candy!

Guess I should've added a smiley or two in that post

Quote:
Originally Posted by END_OF_FLESH

Just throwing my .02 in... I'm returning my Atrix within the next week or so due to Motorola locking down the bootloader and Designgears calling it a lost cause... but I figured I'd just throw it out there that the Atrix with the Tegra 2 (dual core) CRUSHES any other phone I've EVER owned in the last 6 years on the battery life. If the bootloader wasn't signed I'd drop Cyanogenmod 7 onto it and be a happy camper for the next 2 years (Tegra 3... mmmmm...)

Hmm, the battery life thing is interesting, a man would expect it to drain more power ._.
 
 
15th March 2011, 12:31 PM |#12  
im_iceman's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Alsager
Thanks Meter: 131
 
More
I believe that dual core processors are more power efficient because they each run at lower clock speeds, and therefore lower heat.. and therefore use less battery!
15th March 2011, 02:46 PM |#13  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Ah, fair point. Guess I'm just dumb today
18th March 2011, 07:48 PM |#14  
Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
specwise, SGS2 overwhelm arc
pricewise, arc might has a slight victory
either way, it's back to yourself (and your pocket, lol)
19th March 2011, 12:30 AM |#15  
im_iceman's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Alsager
Thanks Meter: 131
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makenboshi

specwise, SGS2 overwhelm arc
pricewise, arc might has a slight victory
either way, it's back to yourself (and your pocket, lol)

what makes you say that?.. what about the SGS2 overwhelms the arc?
19th March 2011, 02:16 AM |#16  
Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by im_iceman

what makes you say that?.. what about the SGS2 overwhelms the arc?

gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=3619&idPhone2=3621
specwise, arc is overwhelmed by SGS2
but if you compare price/performance, arc would came as the winner

btw the bravia engine is so cool, and xmor also rocks
just hoping the bootloader could be unlocked, keep my fingers crossed

a short video by me when trying the arc demo unit

youtube.com/watch?v=D4uc1PHxA9Y
19th March 2011, 06:30 AM |#17  
OP Junior Member
Flag Victoria BC
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Originally Posted by Makenbosh// My Reply>>>>>>>>>>>>

Bigger does not mean better. Sure Samsung has dual core but why do I need to go 150mph/ 100 mph with the Arc is fine by me. Besides the ticket will be cheaper. Bonus point goes to ARC
19th March 2011, 01:09 PM |#18  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
rumour says all new SE phones will be unlocked if they have time to do it
19th March 2011, 03:40 PM |#19  
silverwind's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Neverending Land
Thanks Meter: 101
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makenboshi

gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=3619&idPhone2=3621
specwise, arc is overwhelmed by SGS2
but if you compare price/performance, arc would came as the winner

btw the bravia engine is so cool, and xmor also rocks
just hoping the bootloader could be unlocked, keep my fingers crossed

a short video by me when trying the arc demo unit

youtube.com/watch?v=D4uc1PHxA9Y

Dude, never really trust gsm arena
I would love to have dual core phone, but it's not available in the market, yet..
So, I decided to have this arc.. I love the design
About, the price, IMO it's a bit over priced

Ah, can't wait 9 April

Cheers
19th March 2011, 04:40 PM |#20  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by im_iceman

what makes you say that?.. what about the SGS2 overwhelms the arc?

The fact you cannot get rid of Sony Ericsson's ugly blues theme makes it pretty underwhelming. Sexy phone but ruined again by SE. I was set to buy it but after learning there is no way around the iPhone-esque lockedness I would just get SGS2. If I want a locked experience I have the iPhone 4 for that. No need to settle for same thing again.
19th March 2011, 04:52 PM |#21  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Who says it's locked?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes