[UTIL] SPB Mobile Shell 3.0.1 [Tricks, Widgets, Themes, Other, FAQ, Config]

Search This thread
Add lines to your menu.

screenl.png

Where do you put this xml file?

imdarkside

Jun 29, 2008
mskip

thanks for the extra lifesyle pages. i had to reboot three times before it would react. not sure whats up it kept freezing but seems to be stable now.

imdarkside

Jun 29, 2008
stick with it

Zepiii, understand that you cannot keep up with the massive amount of fine tweaks coming to your wonderful thread. I would not have time either. But suggest you look at a solution like the joint account of OlixNex (HardSPL), where two members manage a thread. Dont know if threadstarter can be changed after thread opening, and if you can live with that. But with 142 pages and counting we stand a chance to loose oversight. What do you and others think?

i vote for one large thread. to many splinter threads get distracting. the volume of posts here show the interest in this subject. its easy to filter out what you dont want in one large thread rather than hunting for new info in a different thread. i was following ppcgeeks but their ms3 tweeks thread died or got splintered so i switched to here.

cdma

Mar 9, 2007
Springfield, IL
VGA Widget - Vertical Big Battery

Add in widgets.xml in qa_layouts.dat:

<Plugin Name="BatteryBigV" Class="Spb.LSP.Battery" Skin="qa_battery_now_vbig" DoubleSkin="va_battery_now_vbig" MiddleSkin="ma_battery_now_vbig" BoldFont="n">
<DefaultFont Face="Tahoma" HeightPxl="15" Bold="n" Color="FFFFFF"/>
<BoundRect X="0" Y="0" Width="36" Height="180"/>
<Rect Name="IconRect" X="2" Y="4" Width="32" Height="160"/>
<Rect Name="TextRect" X="2" Y="150" Width="32" Height="15"/>
</Plugin>

Add in registry (or use attached .reg file)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Spb Software House 2\Spb Mobile Shell\WidgetList\2\BatteryBigV]
"Str"="BatteryBigV:Widgets"
@="BatteryBigV"

Move attached va_battery_now_vbig.dat file to Spb Mobile Shell folder in Program Files.
Restart Spb Mobile Shell3

Mskip can you add this to your widgets? I need it in WQVGA.

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
i vote for one large thread. to many splinter threads get distracting. the volume of posts here show the interest in this subject. its easy to filter out what you dont want in one large thread rather than hunting for new info in a different thread. i was following ppcgeeks but their ms3 tweeks thread died or got splintered so i switched to here.
He wasnt sugesting splitting the thread, merely sharing the thread maintenance with someone else. Since the first few pages have only been updated up to page 99 theres something like 500 posts to look through and update the first pages with any new themes, widgets, tricks and tips which is a huge undertaking.

I dont think the maintenance can be shared since only the person who orginated that post can then update or edit that post, but a mod could insert a new post at the beginning belonging to someone else to keep everything updated.

It all depends on zepiii's commitments and if he feels he can keep on top of all the new additions needed to keep the thread up to date. Otherwise noone will ever be able to find anything lol.

abumhmmd1

Nov 18, 2006
RIYADH
Hi every 1

during my search in
http://www.samsungplayeraddict.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12567
I find this file
MSH3 WQVGA Personalisation
24esubc.jpg

090425062331675397.png

battery , bigclock , clock , custombkg , dclock , menu_tabs , misc_now , status_widget , statut , weather , menu_btn , and + +
its for WQVGA , but most of contents fit QVGA , and some workes for VGA even it will show smaller but pritty

LNK

THANKs to StHippol

ENJOy

Last edited:

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
during my search in
http://www.samsungplayeraddict.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12567
I find this file
MSH3 WQVGA Personalisation

battery , bigclock , clock , custombkg , dclock , menu_tabs , misc_now , status_widget , statut , weather , menu_btn , and + +
its for WQVGA , but most of contents fit QVGA , and some workes for VGA even it will show smaller but pritty

LNK

THANKs to StHippol

ENJOy
I had a look at it while I was having a wonder through the site last nite. Its got ALOT of nice things on it, big download but I think its better for scavanging the good bits rather than using on your phone as I think it overwrites the qa_uploads file.

Good tool though :D

Zepiii

Retired Forum Moderator
How to change Softkey : Today and TF3D
Today left softkey:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\112
[Default] = Text
Open = Path of your programm

Today right softkey:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\113
[Default] = Text
Open = Path of your programm

TouchFlo 3D left softkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila
HomeLSKText = Text
HomeLSKPath = Path of your programm

TouchFlo 3D right softkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila
HomeRSKText = Text
HomeRSKPath = Path of your programm

bonsai120

Mar 5, 2009
picture in livestyle screen

just put one 320x320 in background and still zommed i se about 40% of the top of the pic in "mittle lifstyle pic but "totally" in wide if i flip in lifestyle screen about 90% of it sideways (do u understand ? )

I´m not sure if you´ve found it. i had the same problem on my omnia. resolution is to make the picture in the size you want to see, even so small that you see 100% on screen. then you make new (only black) picture, ex in Paint with the correct resolution for your handy - omnia is 960x748. then you put your smaller image in the middle and save it (16bit) as bmp. so your picture in this new file is in the middle and has a black background around it. put the file in spb-prgr-folder and choose it as background in lifestyle-screen. then you will see your picture inthe correct size with a small black border. perhaps you have to resize it a little. you can do it in Paint - mark it and resize the picture on the black background.

jgjackson

Dec 12, 2008
I notice there is a skin for a large digital clock (va_dclock.dat on vga device. I assume qa_dclock or ma_dclock exist on other resolutions), but I've been unable to create a widget to actually use it. Has anyone figured this out?

I first tried:

Code:
      <Plugin Name="ModernDClockBig" Class="Spb.LSP.ModernDClock" Skin="qa_dclock" MiddleSkin="ma_dclock" DoubleSkin="va_dclock">
        <BoundRect X="0" Y="0" Width="205" Height="87"/>
      </Plugin>
But nothing showed up. Poking around in the mobile shell executable, I see there's what looks like DigitalClock class, but that was even worse. Adding that widget to the Lifestyle screen made the whole Lifestyle panel to black out. Had to delete the key in a registry editor and restart Mobile shell to recover.

What seems to be different about this skin from the other digital clocks is that it provides bitmaps of the digits rather than use a font.

Any ideas?

Jeff

bonsai120

Mar 5, 2009
clocks on livestyle an prof screen not the same

hello profs

i have the last imarche update installed where you can also choose the clock and it is at the end on the prof and the lifestyle screen. i took the lamborghini clock and was wondering about following: now the clock on the prof-screen has white digits and colored sign in the middle. on the lifestyle-screen the clock has yellow digits and white sign in the middle. does anybody know where i can change the clock on lifestyle-screen to the same like prof-screen? it seems, its not the same picture...??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry I know this post is old, but does anyone still have this full screen weather widget? I can't find the download link anywhere :(
    Try looking through the themes in post#6 of this thread. Im not sure whether its in there but its your best shot.

Mark.