Memory Card with SD Adapter and USB Reader

Mfr. Part: MBLY10G2/32GB SKU: KGMB10G232GB

Our Price $109.95
http://www.adorama.com/KGMB10G232GB.html?EmailPrice=T

KGMB10G232GB.JPG

Reactions: latinmaxima

iviyth0s

Jul 8, 2009
Ebay put out an article to watch out for fake sd cards. Too bad you missed it.

I went with the 32gig class 10 lexar on amazon. Works great, amazingly fast transfer speeds!
Have you run SD Tools with that? I'd be interested in the results.
I agree, I'm very interested to seeing a benchmark of it in action!

Thanks for the post. Saved me from buying :3
Glad I helped someone else out!

order placed june 8th
received yesterday june 11th in USPS mail

Item Ordered
1 of: SanDisk 32GB microSDHC Memory Card (Bulk Package)
Condition: New
Price $48.90

works perfectly :D

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B003WGJYCY/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new
Hey you saw how my 16GB card did and that was a "class 2"

i'm not complaining at that price, considering i have about 4 of the 16gb cards that the phone ships with
Yeah, I am going to have to sell the 16GB that came with my Epic haha

I paid $99 for my 32GB class 2 SanDisk microSDHC from Verizon when they first became available about a year ago. It's easily as fast as my 8GB class 6 ADATA which I bought from Newegg. I did some benches on it when I first got it and was really impressed. I'm sure I posted them here...

Anyway, I never buy memory cards on ebay. It's too easy for people to fake capacity and lie about speeds. Plus a high quality card with a low class rating in my experience is much better/faster than a low quality card with a high class rating.
I agree wholeheartedly, my experience with my Class 2 16GB confirm this.

just got this in an email

Kingston Technology Class 10 32GB microSHDC
Memory Card with SD Adapter and USB Reader

Mfr. Part: MBLY10G2/32GB SKU: KGMB10G232GB

Our Price $109.95
http://www.adorama.com/KGMB10G232GB.html?EmailPrice=T

KGMB10G232GB.JPG
OUCH, that's still ridiculous, especially considering you can get lucky with an unofficial Class 11 like I did :p.

Check the newegg.com summersale that's going on now: there's a 32gb microSDHC card shipped... $49.99!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...C-061411-Index-_-FlashMemory-_-20211535-L011C

Sent from my Samsung Epic S using XDA App
That's great you mentioned this, as I noticed the card reader supplied with my "ADATA" card does not have ADATA written on it which makes me slightly suspicious of a counterfeit, despite the card itself looking spot on.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Anyway now that all those have been replied to, the results are in on the "ADATA" 32GB card I purchased.
P1020026.jpg

Result while mounted to phone
ADATA_32GB.png

Result using a USB reader
ADATA_32GB_reader.png

My 16GB with a USB reader (result in OP was done mounted with phone)
DaneElec_16GB.png

So as you can see the speeds weren't too much worse on it, and certainly performs above a Class 2 card, according to this benchmark.

Now when real world testing came about it was being written to at about 3-4MB/s, speeds more on par with it's Class #. After I had copied all of my data onto it (10.9GB), I rebooted my computer and when i plugged it back into my machine it asked to be formatted. I would have just shrugged this off but the windows format utility only allowed it to be formatted as an 8MB partition. Which it wouldn't even allow and fail if I tried.

I tried the USB reader, phone, and internal SD reader on my laptop. All of which netted me the same "format E: Drive" and 8MB.

I swiftly informed the seller (knacksnthings) about my card's death and within 5 minutes he had refunded me my $40.03 and told me to keep the card and reader.

Message from the seller if you care to read:
I apologize for the inconvenience. I will issue a full refund for this defective card. You should see the posted refund in the next couple days. the refund will be issued immediately. Some of these cards work, some are stated defective. you can dispose of this, and please if rewarding me with positive feedback, briefly state my excellent customer service. Thanks! and again sorry for the inconvenience

So I'm not mad or anything, as maybe cards sometimes do fail quickly from manufacturers defects. I know ADATA is a great brand and the card does look legit though, so maybe it was just bad luck.

The next card up for review is a Generic 32GB Class 4 for $30 that the seller apparently checks him/herself for speed and capacity assurance.

Figured why not, as this is becoming fun :p, I'll keep you all posted on its results!

Last edited:

rocket321

Jan 29, 2009
Those memorette cards were being sold on XDA Marketplace for a while, glad I decided to wait. Thanks for the reviews!

josh33_unc

Nov 17, 2007
Kentucky
Reactions: iviyth0s

iviyth0s

Jul 8, 2009

josh33_unc

Nov 17, 2007
Kentucky
That's awesome!

Thanks alot for the recommendation, I will include all future results with this test :)

What's even better is it also displays separate read and write speeds!

I look forward to hearing your results, I'm trying to borrow battery testing equipment too so I can start up on those too!

Warning: Only 31987 of 31988 MByte tested.
The media is likely to be defective.
1.9 GByte OK (4044736 sectors)
29.3 GByte DATA LOST (61464640 sectors)
Details:0 KByte overwritten (0 sectors)
0 KByte slightly changed (< 8 bit/sector, 0 sectors)
29.3 GByte corrupted (61464640 sectors)
0 KByte aliased memory (0 sectors)
First error at offset: 0x000000007a5f8000
Expected: 0x000000007a5f8000
Found: 0x0000000000000000
H2testw version 1.3
Writing speed: 5.33 MByte/s
Reading speed: 6.89 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

iviyth0s

Jul 8, 2009
Aww man, :( Guess I know what to expect from mine. I'm gonna give that seller an earful for clearly not testing each one as he claims.

Oh well I guess I should get a new card in my sights for the next round of testing.

Reactions: josh33_unc

josh33_unc

Nov 17, 2007
Kentucky
Aww man, :( Guess I know what to expect from mine. I'm gonna give that seller an earful for clearly not testing each one as he claims.

Oh well I guess I should get a new card in my sights for the next round of testing.

sad, because EVERYONE of his reviews are good and flawless except for one bad, and like 2 neutral, and them all being from buying the same 32gb micro sd cards. he probably tests them for recognizing in the computer as 32gbs, which mine did initially when i first got it, but then i ran the test...and we know how that ended up

just did a read only test:

Warning: Only 31987 of 31988 MByte tested.
1.9 GByte OK (4009920 sectors)
29.3 GByte DATA LOST (61499456 sectors)
29.3 GByte corrupted (61499456 sectors)
First error at offset: 0x000000007a5f8000
Expected: 0x000000007a5f8000
H2testw version 1.3
Reading speed: 6.94 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

G

GuestK00145

Did any try the 3C pro 16 GB sd card on amazon?
I seen good reviews for their dual 16GB sd card w/ psp memory stick for 52$

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

brett10

May 28, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Thanks for the find! I've been browsing ebay for 32gb cards, I've seen one or two other people selling these generic "Memorette" cards. From the looks of it I am definitely going to stay away from that brand.

iviyth0s

Jul 8, 2009
So here's the Generic 32GB Card, as expected, it is also a dud. I let this user have it (brclc8687) He promised to cease selling the cards and talk to his supplier. With every counterfeit card I shall get more and more outspoken with these sellers.

Results from HD Tune:
Generic_32GB.png

Results from H2Testw:
Warning: Only 31979 of 31980 MByte tested.
1.9 GByte OK (4030432 sectors)
29.3 GByte DATA LOST (61462560 sectors)
29.3 GByte corrupted (61462560 sectors)
First error at offset: 0x0000000079efc000
Expected: 0x0000000079efc000
H2testw version 1.3
Writing speed: 5.53 MByte/s
Reading speed: 9.15 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

This card still remains functional after multiple formats and about 2GB is truly usable. When I copy ~32GB into the card it accepts it all but only 2GB of the files are accessible. The remaining are sort of ghost files, each claims to be taking its proper size but none of them will open in the media player (outside the ~2GB of real files). This is good news because it proves that the H2testw application provides an accurate measurement of capacity and Read/Write speeds, I did see writing speeds very similar to those reported from the test.

I will continue to use HD Tune as well even though it doesn't break down the each direction's speed, as it still displays the access time of the card.

I'll let you all know which new card I plan to review! :eek:

MikeyLee

Jul 20, 2010
Phoenix
So here's the Generic 32GB Card, as expected, it is also a dud. I let this user have it (brclc8687) He promised to cease selling the cards and talk to his supplier. With every counterfeit card I shall get more and more outspoken with these sellers.

Results from HD Tune:
Generic_32GB.png

Results from H2Testw:

This card still remains functional after multiple formats and about 2GB is truly usable. When I copy ~32GB into the card it accepts it all but only 2GB of the files are accessible. The remaining are sort of ghost files, each claims to be taking its proper size but none of them will open in the media player (outside the ~2GB of real files). This is good news because it proves that the H2testw application provides an accurate measurement of capacity and Read/Write speeds, I did see writing speeds very similar to those reported from the test.

I will continue to use HD Tune as well even though it doesn't break down the each direction's speed, as it still displays the access time of the card.

I'll let you all know which new card I plan to review! :eek:

Did your SD card happen to ship from overseas? China perhaps? I had this happen with a 16gb card a while back and they shipped it, a Sandisk card. Looked perfect until I put it in the phone and got an SD Damaged error. I formatted it and it turned out to be a counterfeit 2gb card. I eventually got my money back but because of this I will never purchase something like that from eBay aver again. I've had great success with Amazon.

iviyth0s

Jul 8, 2009
Did your SD card happen to ship from overseas? China perhaps? I had this happen with a 16gb card a while back and they shipped it, a Sandisk card. Looked perfect until I put it in the phone and got an SD Damaged error. I formatted it and it turned out to be a counterfeit 2gb card. I eventually got my money back but because of this I will never purchase something like that from eBay aver again. I've had great success with Amazon.

No I only buy from USA sellers, though they're probably the same stuff just some shipped here then redistributed.
I WILL find a good Ebay one and the spread the word, but the amazon one does look more tempting with every passing day and every failing card.

MikeyLee

Jul 20, 2010
Phoenix
No I only buy from USA sellers, though they're probably the same stuff just some shipped here then redistributed.
I WILL find a good Ebay one and the spread the word, but the amazon one does look more tempting with every passing day and every failing card.

Yeah I've got some pretty cool stuff from Amazon. Never had a problem. Going to get a second Epic from them too actually cause it's $50 cheaper than Spring and Best Buy too. Grabbed some Fishbone Cases for under $4 just the other day!

SlackerMcFly

Jun 28, 2014
Glad to know about these fake memory cards

I know this is like 3 years late but... lol I posted a reply to another users post over on another site about my 64gb micro sd cards. the post was over at overclockersclub forums, but being a new user I cannot post the link to it. User IVIYTH0S said to check this posting out on his experience with counterfeit cards. My issue was that the 64gb micro sd cards wouldn't put all my music on them. I'd get some but others would transfer to the card but either the folder couldn't be read and there was an error and you couldn't open it or it would let you into the folder but say it was empty. So I see that the issue happened with the 32gb cards as well. All my 32gb cards are either PNY or Sandisk. Even my 16gb cards are PNY or Sandisk and all of them work perfectly. I see that buying non brand name cards, usually you will run into counterfeit or defective cards. But my biggest issue is the price if you buy a brand name. You guys (back in 2011 I see is when this post and replies were) apparently were paying like $50 or more for 32gb cards. Now in 2014 you can buy brand name 32gb cards for around $25. but the 64 gb cards are $50 or more. It is ridiculous to pay so much when you practically get nothing. You get a small piece of plastic hardware. This is why I went with an off brand or in my case no brand or name cards in which I payed like $6 a piece for 3 of them. I won't do that again after the issue I had with them and what others have said and what I read in this post. I will try the ones that are around $15 a piece. They might just be better. But even so, I think those might be bad too. It amazes me that I found the cards on amazon but they were still defective and counterfeit.

I do like that you are trying to fight counterfeit cards by making yourself heard and letting the people who sell them know. But beware as I have found out that many of the people who sell counterfeit/defective stuff often will give you a refund and provide excellent customer service and sometimes even give you some extra money back as I have gotten with my cards so that you are cool with them and they can continue to do business, I'm one of those that doesn't really care to fight counterfeit stuff because I simply don't have the time to worry about that stuff. I just tend to return the item and get something else and go about my business. But I'm glad there are people like you fighting it when it come across your path. Amazon really should do a better job at weeding out the counterfeiters and people who sell defective products. but I do understand that it is a tough job to enforce so it takes buyers like us to warn others about a seller through comments and flagging the seller.

Anyways thanks for this post. Glad to see I'm not the only one having issues with my micro sd cards.

Top Liked Posts