[TIP] Hidden/Alternative S-Pen soft key gestures

Search This thread

jujuburi

Sep 10, 2011
You guys do know that placing the S-Pen at the bottom or above of a page scrolls that page downwards and upwards respectively, right? Or I just made a joke of myself? :D
I find it very useful rather than swiping my fingers.

'Swyped' from my GT-N7100

logan_izer10

Dec 10, 2011
Question for you guys. Had anybody here seen a gesture or quick method for a popup quick event add for s-planner? My 1 year old grabbed my phone and did something which triggered a popup event add but I can't reproduce it.

Last edited:

underlines

Aug 26, 2011
Bangkok
Sure it is stated in the S-Pen tutorial if you first start your Note 2... Without those gestures the S-Pen would be useless with gloves ;)

If you want better gesture control: GMD SPen Control *root*

I configured the same "<" and " ^ " gesture, together with my own gestures like "V" for home and some other gestures to switch between open apps and going back and forth in the browser...

Last edited:

tweeny80

Jul 2, 2012
For what it's worth I'm using a note 2 jelly bean (4.3) rom and it doesn't work here...

I'm thinking this only applies to 4.1 ROMs. I'm on Ketan v6 and also doesn't work. Though I do have GMD Spen app but haven't really played with it. I think all these gestures are reproducible via GMD ....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey so while fiddling around with my Note 2 today I discovered a new feature that I have never seen in any videos or in any thread so I figured I must not be the only one who didn't know.

This is an alternative to the current back and menu gestures which are shaped like this < and ^.

1) Go back gesture: On the bottom right side of the screen flush to the edge, simply swipe down while holding the S-Pen button, this will trigger the back button soft key.

2) Menu gesture: Similarly, just swipe with the S-Pen pressed on the bottom left side of the screen.

Although this is ultimately the same as the other gestures, I find this one MUCH easier to get used to rather than the awkward backwards arrow. Hope you enjoy this tip :highfive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7bzJUbKPFc&feature=youtu.be
    Wow, actually it does work.
    Great tip, thank you!
    Much easier indeed compared with the arrows.

For those who can't find the trick. The line should be around one quarter of the screen height and should be finished on the bottom on the screen.

Stefan

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium