6th June 2013, 03:08 PM |#111  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 25,477

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Product F(RED)

No; like I said I saw a fix where the guy moved the partitions over so that the undamaged portions were unused.

That's a fugly hack that usually doesn't last long because the corrupted data structures seem to spread.

We're talking about ways to completely recover a device.
The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th July 2013, 07:09 PM |#112  
@Oranav , @Rebellos and myself are working on a bootloader to work around this issue. https://github.com/Rebell/exynos4_uboot

We should be able to insert test commands to my bricked GS3, but I want to try to recover the data first. This device was given to me for data recovery and testing bootloaders. Currently we are working around the EMMC and booting from SDCard.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to AdamOutler For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AdamOutler Ad-Free
18th July 2013, 12:46 PM |#113  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Hi , I am searching for peoples who reversed eMMC. We created HW solution to access eMMC directly in PCB and trying to revive bricked cards.
5th November 2013, 12:31 PM |#114  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 40

More
is this the emmc ?
http://www.parts4repair.com/samsung-...-with-program/

if i buy this emmc and replace it in my n7100 will it work?
6th November 2013, 02:00 PM |#115  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 7,624

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamOutler

@Oranav , @Rebellos and myself are working on a bootloader to work around this issue. https://github.com/Rebell/exynos4_uboot

We should be able to insert test commands to my bricked GS3, but I want to try to recover the data first. This device was given to me for data recovery and testing bootloaders. Currently we are working around the EMMC and booting from SDCard.

did you end up going through with the project? im curious?
8th November 2013, 08:40 PM |#116  
Flag Gdańsk
Thanks Meter: 3,468

Donate to Me
More
We didn't finish it. Lack of time or something...
The Following User Says Thank You to Rebellos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th December 2013, 09:37 PM |#117  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
can someone tell me SDS bricked note 2 can be reversed or something with the existing eMMC ? ... I bought it in singapore which he claimed to have international warranty but back in india samsung service center guys reject to fix it under warranty.
5th December 2013, 05:44 PM |#118  
Flag Owego, NY

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n4naveen

can someone tell me SDS bricked note 2 can be reversed or something with the existing eMMC ? ... I bought it in singapore which he claimed to have international warranty but back in india samsung service center guys reject to fix it under warranty.

In theory, yes. In practice - no one has yet to put the required components together. (Actually, while the I9300 does have an SD-based "unbrick bootloader" process, I'm not sure if that works on Note2 units)

Pretty much two things are needed to recovery an SDSed or Superbricked device:
1) Use the boot partition resize trick to cause a low-level eMMC wipe - see Hashcode's success on the Kindle Fire - won't work if the device's eMMC is so corrupted it can't even boot a kernel or recovery
2) Once the eMMC is wiped, repopulate bootloaders - this is far harder to do on Exynos devices than on GP OMAPs like the Kindle Fire, which is why no one has done it yet - in theory this last part could be done by a JTAG service
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th January 2014, 06:57 PM |#119  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

In theory, yes. In practice - no one has yet to put the required components together. (Actually, while the I9300 does have an SD-based "unbrick bootloader" process, I'm not sure if that works on Note2 units)

Pretty much two things are needed to recovery an SDSed or Superbricked device:
1) Use the boot partition resize trick to cause a low-level eMMC wipe - see Hashcode's success on the Kindle Fire - won't work if the device's eMMC is so corrupted it can't even boot a kernel or recovery
2) Once the eMMC is wiped, repopulate bootloaders - this is far harder to do on Exynos devices than on GP OMAPs like the Kindle Fire, which is why no one has done it yet - in theory this last part could be done by a JTAG service

We ready to test your theory Please answer in AIM
We have done vendor boot size change with CMD62 on VYL00M

Command 62 (ARG: 0xEFAC62EC)
Command 62 (ARG: 0x00CBAEA7)
Command 62 (ARG: bla bla)

But none of "low-level wipe happened"
The Following User Says Thank You to vim1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vim1 Ad-Free
16th January 2014, 05:49 PM |#120  
Flag Owego, NY

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vim1

Interesting, it worked for the Kindle Fire guys - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2413453
18th January 2014, 01:56 PM |#121  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 262

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vim1

If you're feeling adventurous, you can try a command (I found during the firmware reversing) which should low level format your chip:
CMD62 (ARG: 0xEFAC62EC)
CMD62 (ARG: 0xFAC0021)

Note that it will delete all the chip metadata (incl. wear leveling state and bad block info) and probably everything in it... Your responsibility
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread