[HOW-TO] Revert to Stock ROM JB for user with new HBOOT

78 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By Maverick87Shaka, Member on 27th December 2012, 05:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th December 2012, 09:45 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I did it! I unmounted first 3 partitions in TWRP and installation successful.
28th December 2012, 10:31 PM |#12  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 182

More
I am on stock Rom now and used HTC offical update to get to jb...do u think I will have trouble rooting again?

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium
shadowch31
28th December 2012, 11:22 PM |#13  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1llacanon

I am on stock Rom now and used HTC offical update to get to jb...do u think I will have trouble rooting again?

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium

I will let you know if I can get it working and flashed it will be rooted in seconds just need stock recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
shadowch31
29th December 2012, 04:28 AM |#14  

More
Rooted without a problem, recommend the attached superuser app.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.26 MB, 44 views)
29th December 2012, 05:27 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick87Shaka

You just forgot in the list to install the HTC Stock recovery before check the message of update, so:
1 => Wipe and install MaximuS V2.5 ROM
2 => flash with fastboot boot.img of MaximuS V2.5 ROM
3 => flash stock HTC Recovery via fastboot ( fastboot flash recovery ville_recovery_signed.img , then fastboot erase cache ) or get it from One_S_All-In-One_Kit_v1.0
4 => start the phone and check for the JB update
5 => after JB installation do a factory reset to clean up the ROM from the extra application that MaximuS ROM have.

You don't need to relock your bootloader, you just need to install the stock recovery, that's enough.

Will this work on a T-Mobile HOS with CID HTC__001?

I have followed all the steps from above
- installed the rom
- installed the stock recovery
- then I was able to start the update but when it finished downloading .. I was told that the HTC software on my device has been modified and please revert back and try the update again and it would not preform the update.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in Advance
29th December 2012, 12:25 PM |#16  
Flag Karlsruhe
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Hi once more,

after going back to pure stock JB this way, can I relock the bootloader to get "RELOCKED" instead of "UNLOCKED/TAMPERED"? (That would be good for sending in my phone under warranty.) Or will the phone stop booting if I relock the bootloader?

As far as I understood, the "canonical" way to get "RELOCKED" would be to lock the bootloader and install the RUU, but since there is no RUU for the unbranded JB yet and downgrading with an older RUU is not possible, I cannot do this.

Cheers,
Tim
29th December 2012, 01:39 PM |#17  
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_h

Hi once more,

after going back to pure stock JB this way, can I relock the bootloader to get "RELOCKED" instead of "UNLOCKED/TAMPERED"? (That would be good for sending in my phone under warranty.) Or will the phone stop booting if I relock the bootloader?

Cheers,
Tim

You can do Relock bootloader, i think it will boot to system without problem(?)
10th January 2013, 06:17 AM |#18  
Flag las vegas
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blah blah blah

Will this work on a T-Mobile HOS with CID HTC__001?

I have followed all the steps from above
- installed the rom
- installed the stock recovery
- then I was able to start the update but when it finished downloading .. I was told that the HTC software on my device has been modified and please revert back and try the update again and it would not preform the update.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in Advance

+ 1

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app
10th January 2013, 06:53 AM |#19  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 710

Donate to Me
More
The only word of caution that I think needs to be shared on almost all threads related to JB updates is to make sure you DO NOT have SuperCID... There have been numerous reports of phones bricking with the OTA JB update with a SuperCID... So if you had previously SuperCID your phone with 11111111, definately change it to something else.
10th January 2013, 08:40 PM |#20  
Flag las vegas
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKToronto

The only word of caution that I think needs to be shared on almost all threads related to JB updates is to make sure you DO NOT have SuperCID... There have been numerous reports of phones bricking with the OTA JB update with a SuperCID... So if you had previously SuperCID your phone with 11111111, definately change it to something else.

I had to go supercid to run the euro ruu and changed it to HTC__001. Ota still didn't work

paranoidaditya
11th January 2013, 01:29 PM |#21  

More
Tmobile USA users after using a euro ruu does the WiFi work ?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)