78 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By Maverick87Shaka, Member on 27th December 2012, 05:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
paranoidaditya
11th January 2013, 01:29 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Tmobile USA users after using a euro ruu does the WiFi work ?

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app
17th January 2013, 02:33 PM |#22  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.

Tmobile USA users after using a euro ruu does the WiFi work ?

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

really i don't know that, this method is suggest only for user that for sure can receive ( and run ) the OTA 3.16.401.8 Europe.
17th January 2013, 10:51 PM |#23  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 36

More
It does not depend on the ruu you are trying to use. It only depends on the radio you use. And there still doesn't exist any JB ruu. So you have to go back to stock ICS and do the OTA. Tmobile USA users can indeed take the European JB.
18th January 2013, 12:28 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 219

More
Oh noes, the link to the MaximuS ROM is dead! Does anyone still have a copy of it?

By the way, does the JB OTA update the radio as well?

Cheers!
18th January 2013, 12:56 AM |#25  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruktsallad

Oh noes, the link to the MaximuS ROM is dead! Does anyone still have a copy of it?

By the way, does the JB OTA update the radio as well?

Cheers!

LINK

Here the link, unfortunately there is only download file and there is no more the thread of the ROM, i think the dev of maximus ROM is over.

the OTA will update also the radio
18th January 2013, 08:38 AM |#26  
Flag Berlin

More
You don't really need the Maximus Rom. You can take the orignal ICS ruu. The only thing you have to do is to take the stock recovery. That's all.

And yes, the JB OTA has the newest radio 1.11.50.05.28_10.27.50.08P. But you can find different radios here on xda. Just try another one in order to get the best connection. There is only one important thing you must be aware of - flashing a new radio only works with an hboot lower than 1.06, otherwise the chance to brick your phone is great.
18th January 2013, 10:04 AM |#27  

More
OK, thanks for the clarification! I'm still at a loss, though.

This is about the only stock ICS rom I've found. Will that do?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2079589

And secondly, where can I find the stock recovery?

I'm at hboot 1.14 now and I'm having some deep sleep data connectivity issues, so I'm looking to upgrade my hboot and radio. I know downgrading the hboot is one way to go, but even though there are apparent advantages it just seems too risky imho.
18th January 2013, 02:33 PM |#28  
Flag Berlin

More
Yes, that's the correct ruu. Take it and restore your One S to stock. Then take this stock recovery

dropbox.com/s/0wmp6tx7x7vjnzs/ville_recovery_signed.img (please put a https://www. in front of this line. I cannot create any links)

and enter in fastboot

fastboot flash recovery ville_revocery_signed.img

That's it. Shortly after your handy is up you will get the notification that there is an update available for your device. Do that at home as the download is about 590 MB!
The Following User Says Thank You to struppex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift struppex Ad-Free
18th January 2013, 04:19 PM |#29  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by struppex

Yes, that's the correct ruu. Take it and restore your One S to stock. Then take this stock recovery

dropbox.com/s/0wmp6tx7x7vjnzs/ville_recovery_signed.img (please put a https://www. in front of this line. I cannot create any links)

and enter in fastboot

fastboot flash recovery ville_revocery_signed.img

That's it. Shortly after your handy is up you will get the notification that there is an update available for your device. Do that at home as the download is about 590 MB!

Thanks man, you're a real life saver!
18th January 2013, 11:24 PM |#30  
Flag Berlin

More
What I forgot is that you have to relock your bootloader using fastboot. Just type

fastboot oem lock

That's it.

Sorry, but it's a long time ago that I had to relock my One S
18th January 2013, 11:53 PM |#31  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by struppex

What I forgot is that you have to relock your bootloader using fastboot. Just type

fastboot oem lock

That's it.

Sorry, but it's a long time ago that I had to relock my One S

This is not true, you can leave bootloader unlocked, we just need to install a stock recovery for the OTA ( or RUU ) update.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)