CTIA and OMTP headphone converter cable

Search This thread

bandario

Feb 1, 2011
Victoria
I have used one of these cables to connect my Brainwavz M4 with microphone to my Xperia Active.

It is a small 5cm cable that plugs into Xperia phones which will allow you to use previously incompatible headphones with mic/vol control.

Picked it up for $8 from mobimega.

Model: Fiio LU2

fiio-lu2-smart-adaptor-cable_01_1.jpg

Totally worth it!
Enjoy.

jameylee

Jan 25, 2013
Find this in South Africa

firstly thank you for this find,

does anyone know where i can find this in South Africa? Cape Town,

i am busy trying to connect lapel mics to my Xperia T through a TRRS cable but with the assistance of this cable i should be able to do it. no body around here knows what i am talking about when i ask for a OMPT to CTIA converter cable.

your assistance would be greatly apreciated,

thanks
Jamey

Reactions: Davest87

jameylee

Jan 25, 2013
so i used the Iphone connector/converter cable and it works. the only thing is you cant push the mic jack in all the way otherwize it doesnt pick up but other than that it works great.

i have the Xperia T

Davest87

Mar 24, 2013
Milan
Really interesting!! I have a philips in ear headphones for ipod and iphone, it can fix the incompatibility with my xperia Ray

vishname18

May 20, 2013
Really interesting!! I have a philips in ear headphones for ipod and iphone, it can fix the incompatibility with my xperia Ray

Hi,

I am planning to but FIIO LU2 Adapter For my live with walkman. I have already bought MH-Ex300AP(Xperia Z Headphones Which is CTIA Based).

Will FIIO LU2 Adapter make MH-Ex300AP compatible with my phone(live with walkman)?

Thanks in Advance....

darkmash

Dec 16, 2012
I posted about this months ago, 25 uk pounds Sony want for the converter cable, but as I posted before JVC gummy plus(with Mic) come with the needed converter cable, plus a half decent set of headphones, now I can use my xperia z headphones on my on my mango and ayame

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2

gunzjack

Sep 23, 2013
I posted about this months ago, 25 uk pounds Sony want for the converter cable, but as I posted before JVC gummy plus(with Mic) come with the needed converter cable, plus a half decent set of headphones, now I can use my xperia z headphones on my on my mango and ayame

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2

how about the sound quality ?? is the sound decreased or nothing change ?

darkmash

Dec 16, 2012
Its no different mate , I got sound enhancements,beats and viper fx and viper xhifi and all working but it works and sounds great , I also have xvolume via xposed apk

Sent from my SK17i using xda app-developers app

rooney_91

May 22, 2012
I know some cables that have function like Fiio LU2 such as Sony Ericsson EC 250, but all of them not available in Vietnam :crying:

Davest87

Mar 24, 2013
Milan
I have CTIA/OMTP converter (I think is official sony) and it works for sound, mic and main button, but volume buttons don't work. I have a Xperia Ray with GB and in ear headphones for iPod, iPhone. Are volume buttons incompatible with this settings? I need a third party app?:confused:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have used one of these cables to connect my Brainwavz M4 with microphone to my Xperia Active.

It is a small 5cm cable that plugs into Xperia phones which will allow you to use previously incompatible headphones with mic/vol control.

Picked it up for $8 from mobimega.

Model: Fiio LU2

fiio-lu2-smart-adaptor-cable_01_1.jpg

Totally worth it!
    Enjoy.
    Find this in South Africa

firstly thank you for this find,

does anyone know where i can find this in South Africa? Cape Town,

i am busy trying to connect lapel mics to my Xperia T through a TRRS cable but with the assistance of this cable i should be able to do it. no body around here knows what i am talking about when i ask for a OMPT to CTIA converter cable.

your assistance would be greatly apreciated,

thanks
    Jamey
    Can u pls explain the procedure in brief. I wud b rlly grateful.

There you go, I had success with this tutorial, thanks to @n.droid

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2158601