[Nightly][ROM][JB]Cyanogenmod 10 [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Napster1

Aug 30, 2012
Looking for a few settings

I just stated using this rom recently and love it! There are two things I cannot find however, The first is on most roms in the About section there is usually an option called "Device Name" is this in another place? The Second is the Mobile Networks Section, There usually is an option to change from GSM to CDMA or use dual mode, I had to set it manually using the test menu hopefully it sticks.

Odysseus1962

Sep 30, 2013
Ripley, TN
I just stated using this rom recently and love it! There are two things I cannot find however, The first is on most roms in the About section there is usually an option called "Device Name" is this in another place? The Second is the Mobile Networks Section, There usually is an option to change from GSM to CDMA or use dual mode, I had to set it manually using the test menu hopefully it sticks.

I assume you mean WCDMA not CDMA. The amaze doesn't support CDMA as it's a GSM phone. As for the device name, thats just a missing build.prop setting.

PM me a link and i'll gladly test WiFi, GSM and tethering. I've already got a good replacement camera after using latest @josegalre PACman ROM (camera problems too).

Wait hold on. You say you have a replacement camera that works when the problem with the camera is the white balance sensor? Because this problem is something in the ROM causing the issue so changing camera apps should not make a difference (at least that's what I've been reading) but if you found something that works, what is it? Dying to know :)

Odysseus1962

Sep 30, 2013
Ripley, TN
Wait hold on. You say you have a replacement camera that works when the problem with the camera is the white balance sensor? Because this problem is something in the ROM causing the issue so changing camera apps should not make a difference (at least that's what I've been reading) but if you found something that works, what is it? Dying to know :)

You're taking what I said a bit out of context. At the time of this posting (back in mid-Dec), before any of the CM-11 based ION ROMs were released (which includes Josegalre's current PAC-ROM) we were looking for camera solutions for different issues than what is afflicting these ROMs now. At that time the main problem with these PMem JellyBean ROMs was video recording locking-up the phone and causing hard reboots at certain HD resolutions, and an inability to shoot photos at maximum 8mpix resolution.

I was able to somewhat overcome these problems using the "stock camera" app from F-Droid. This is basically the AOSP camera from a Nexus phone. It allowed 8mpix photos, as well as, allowing recording at 720p HD, however, 1080p still locked-up the phone. I also had similar limited success with the photoshere KitKat camera which was included in the "Famigo-Gapps" that I posted about in the Theme forum. Both of these solutions were improvements on the cameras included in these PMem based JellyBean ROMs, however, the introduction of the ION based KitKat kernels changed everything.

These ROMs (with ION kernels) introduced or exacerbated sensor bugs which cause the exposure and white balance issues users of these ROMs are currently experiencing. As you said, the problem is in the ROM itself, not the camera app. No combination that I've tried is properly working at this time.

I hope this clarifies your understanding.

Ciao

Last edited:
Reactions: pbergonzi

aa39

Jul 30, 2015
homescreenb.png

lockscreent.png

statusbart.png

settingski.png

easteregg1.png

i have htc amze 4g on android 2.3 stock
i unlock boartloader and flash cwm and flash your rom
phone is startup ok but after one minute phone freez and reset
what i most to do know
could you help me?

Kofap

Jun 7, 2016
what happens in rebooting of cyanogenmod
because it seems my rebooting is taking longer than usual
and the cyanogenmod logo is still on the screen and i dont know what to do

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok, i managed to pull all of intervigil's changes successfully and i am now building. also, we will now have out kernel build from source instead of using a prebuilt. :) wish me luck lol

(if anything goes wrong its because im making it build the kernel from source to accommodate intervigils changes)
    KERNEL UPDATE:

I am building a 'Mk III' improved kernel, with audio ported from HTC's ICS sources (thinking this might fix some/all of the issues, like it did for USB) & even more powersaving features enabled...
    cm 10.1 is freakin amazing!! hope sport gives you guys a treat soon :p

ive been busting my balls working on cm10.1... ive fixed at least 8 compile errors lol
    I've cleaned out /system/lib in BTFix, and have video & the browser/bank-apps/etc working right, with the set of libs that will be in the next 'Fix' zip.

I now have to clean out /system/etc.

The next fix zip will be an all-in-one: kernel, USB, audio-volume, and BT calling.

It will require a complete wipe & fresh install, to clean out old fixes...
    So it's a common kernel but everything else is device specific? Maybe sport can offer just the kernel here in the future.
    I actually got better battery life using the new unofficial with your kernel fixes implemented than with the older unofficial/nightly with the MK4 kernel, using the same governor and settings.

I'll be continuing to offer 'universal' kernel ZIPs as long as they are needed.