P7510 (Wifi only) bricked, need NVFlash config +bootfiles to --create

Search This thread

pwhooftman

Jun 23, 2008
Hi, My Galaxy Tab 10.1 is so far in its Sleep of Death that only the APX connection works (believe me, battery draining, holding Power button, getting into recovery, etc: it doesnt work).

Through NVflash, i can get its partition table and read all partitions 2-17 to .img files, but i can't recreate the entire filesystem because i don't have the right nvflash configfile (mostly named flash.cfg) and i presume i need a fresh bootloader file because i think the bootloader is hosed.

Can anyone help find me these files? Thanks

jimh

Apr 4, 2007
I had the same thing happen to my Tab.
I eventually sent it back to a Samsung service centre and they fixed it for me.
I was a bit worried because I had flashed an ICS ROM on it but they fixed it FoC and returned it to me. The whole process was really fast taking under a week.

z31k

Nov 15, 2010
Houston Tx
Hi, My Galaxy Tab 10.1 is so far in its Sleep of Death that only the APX connection works (believe me, battery draining, holding Power button, getting into recovery, etc: it doesnt work).

Through NVflash, i can get its partition table and read all partitions 2-17 to .img files, but i can't recreate the entire filesystem because i don't have the right nvflash configfile (mostly named flash.cfg) and i presume i need a fresh bootloader file because i think the bootloader is hosed.

Can anyone help find me these files? Thanks

Pershoot has them posted..
Http://droidbasement.com/db-blog
I/O recovery fast boot/nvflash in the middle of the page..
Hope this helps.. :D

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

pwhooftman

Jun 23, 2008
Pershoot has them posted..
Http://droidbasement.com/db-blog
I/O recovery fast boot/nvflash in the middle of the page..
Hope this helps.. :D

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Hi, thanks for your help. Unfortunately i already flashed the stock recovery to partition 8, but i need at least the BCT & EPT partition contents, plus a cfg file which tells Nvflash how to recreate the partiitons from scratch. Off it goes to the repair centre, i hope it will return soon.

ayresd54

Apr 12, 2013
Toronto
VERY similar problem

Hi, thanks for your help. Unfortunately i already flashed the stock recovery to partition 8, but i need at least the BCT & EPT partition contents, plus a cfg file which tells Nvflash how to recreate the partiitons from scratch. Off it goes to the repair centre, i hope it will return soon.

Have you gotten anywhere with this? I'm in almost the exact same position with my I/O P7510

Abdulla_91

Jul 4, 2012
Damascus
If i have locked boot loader how to do this commands

This is all original stuff from I/O tab https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ny5d3iu4mttfhgn/qOQ1IIRnzJ/tab1_3.0.1 hope you can cherry pick what you need from there ;) (It's uploading now as I send this, give it a while to all be there)
thank you,I downloaded your link files but is it for gt-p7510 32G
I have the same problem metioned above because i repartitioned internal storage with adb shell :eek:
but my tab has locked bootloader (0x4 error ) "so can't apply the above commands" and right now the only thing that i can see is apx mode with black screen :(
draining battery method not worked for me... i took it to center that provide jtag service but he said cant rewrite files "access denied"
so, after two weeks searching and trying my tab still dead. I live in Syria and we have somehow civil ware or revolution and most of people run out the country so i don't know where or how to fix it :crying: :crying:

dishme

Jan 3, 2012
I had a similar issue with my 4g 7500, just googled the crap out of it and repartitioned and fixed it. Took at least 10 flashes to fix

Sent from my GT-P7500 using xda app-developers app

decatf

Dec 27, 2011
If you have the eMMC brick bug with a locked bootloader the only way to fix this is to have it repaired by an official Samnsung service center (someone with access to the bootloader). None of the methods that were posted in the long threads will work nor have been reported to work if your bootloader is locked. In many cases it looks like the Samsung repair centers opted to replace hardware rather than flash the bootloader as many people reported their devices coming back with different chip IDs.

There was another soft brick issue before the eMMC brick bug appeared. With this issue it was possible to used the methods described in various threads to fix it (such as the battery drain method) regardless of whether the bootloader is locked or not. These methods do not fix the eMMC brickbug.

Last edited:

Jubelperser

May 20, 2009
This is a long shot.

I also have the regular retail 16GB GT-P7510UW which sleeps the deep sleep of death. So far I tried everything on here, even replaced the battery with a brand new one. But still I can only access it in APX mode.

My Tab is not locked, so I don't get the 0x04 error with nvflash. But it looks like something is messed up pretty bad, in any case, the files from the I/O version do not work.

Does anyone have all the nvflash files and tables for the 16GB version? What parts would I have to rebuild to at least get access to Odin?

I would love to see that old thing live again, so help would be very much appreciated. Thank you very much!

Jubelperser

May 20, 2009
With the C:\nvflash>nvflash --bl bootloader.bin --go command I get 13 lines of system information and then this:

downloading bootloader -- load address: 0x108000 entry point: 0x108000
download command failed NvError 0x120002
command failure: bootloader download failed (bad data)
bootloader status: Bct file not found (code: 21) message: flags: 1073840124

It's the same error with part8.img.

Top Liked Posts