• I dont know how to change themes

Votes: 2,363 53.4%

• Total voters
Search This thread

ninoedgar

Feb 9, 2009
Bell Gardens, CA
Need help....

Im tryin to do a theme... and im having a problem... i tried looking for the answer but couldnt find it... i want to know how to change the color of the progress bar that come up when you press the volume buttons... i tried everything i cant change it... it stays orange... if anyone has the answer for me... i will apreciatte a lot... thanks...

jairomeo

Mar 22, 2009
www.designrifts.com
Im tryin to do a theme... and im having a problem... i tried looking for the answer but couldnt find it... i want to know how to change the color of the progress bar that come up when you press the volume buttons... i tried everything i cant change it... it stays orange... if anyone has the answer for me... i will apreciatte a lot... thanks...

framework-res.apk\res\drawable\progress_horizontal.xml

Here is the thread on xml edits http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=479019
and AXMLPrinter to put them in readable form http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=514412

TheUriel

Jul 23, 2009
New York City
I just got this really good fast donut ROM. And had applied one of the themes for the ROM and saw the new 2.0 lockscreen on some themes for CM 4.2.3.1 and im wondering is there any way to take just the lockscreen from one of those themes and put it on my phone ?

tdurd3n1

Sep 11, 2009
Hey there theme gurus...i am here asking for some help, or at least directions to the help...I recently started playing around with making my own theme...its been a slow process, mainly because I can not stick with one rom for too long..lol...cyanogen updates his, or king updates his, or 3 new hero roms pop up, blur is always enticing...anyways I have stuck with cyanogen 4231 for now for about a week, and started theme'n it..

So here is my dilema:
First: if i edit the Phone.apk, and push it back in, the core and everything else crashes constantly...all I am doing is editing the images...why does this happen?
Second: Here are the first edits I have made to the Phone.apk:
27x1afo.jpg

27zkljc.jpg

Obviously the landscape pic is messed up, but i cannot figure out why, I stuck with the same image resolution throughout my editing, and as you can see the overlapping is horrible, the buttons work, and amazingly choosing the wrong button doesnt really happen...but I would like to get rid of the overlap...any help?

Thanks in advance to anyone who provides some incite into these problems...

d750

May 9, 2009
Ústí nad Orlicí
So here is my dilema:
First: if i edit the Phone.apk, and push it back in, the core and everything else crashes constantly...all I am doing is editing the images...why does this happen?
Second: Here are the first edits I have made to the Phone.apk:

1) If you editing system app you have to make update.zip then simpli flash in recovery.
2) Contact app don't rotate then it's ok

Boonyard

Sep 23, 2009
After flashing the dark dream theme I can't get rid of the calendar widget skin despite flashing others and adb pushing others and re-flashing Cyanogens latest Rom again.

Someone PLEASE help me get this bloody thing off my phone!:mad:

Are you just changing the color of it, not changing the size or doing anything else to it? pattern_carbon_black is just a normal png, its the only thing youre changing when you are getting the FC's?
I opened the actual default image and just changed the color so the size stayed the same and it stayed a .png but got constant force close until i changed back

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, I am a little new here. I am kind of a newb with a lot of things. I did root my device and replaced the boot images.. but i do not know how to make themes. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help by making a theme for me?

I added some images as to what i am looking to have done, that is of course anyone is willing to help. it is fairly simple i am looking to get the color scheme and kids icons if possible... maybe have a little fun with the clock or not if its too much work.

If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it... i am a graphic designer more than a programmer.. a lot of this is confusing to me.

I really like this site and hopefully i can be of some help at some point. This is my first post but i plan on posting a lot more.
    I would like to change the text color of the popup panel or menu to white.

paneltext.jpg

I have a nexus one, using CM6, and decompiled my framework-res.apk. I found in the Value folder that the styles.xml has the following that is relevant to changing the panel text color. The code:

<item name="panelBackground">@drawable/menu_background</item>
    <item name="panelFullBackground">@drawable/menu_background_fill_parent_width</item>
    <item name="panelColorForeground">?textColorPrimaryInverse</item>
    <item name="panelColorBackground">#ffffffff</item>
    <item name="panelTextAppearance">?textAppearanceInverse</item>

I did several things but the text is still black.

1)I removed "Inverse",
    2)changed the "panelColorBackground" to #ff000000 and, left "panelColorForeground" "panelTextAppearance" alone.
    3)removed "Inverse"

Nothing helps. Do you have any idea?

After I changed the styles.xml, I recompiled, copied original AndroidManifest.xml and META-INF folder to the modded framework-res.apk, then pushed. Is any of the following incorrect?

please help

In the styles.xml change:

<style name="TextAppearance.Widget.IconMenu.Item" parent="@style/TextAppearance.Small">
    <item name="textColor">?textColorPrimaryInverse</item>

to

<style name="TextAppearance.Widget.IconMenu.Item" parent="@style/TextAppearance.Small">
    <item name="textColor">@color/bright_foreground_dark</item>
    Nice concept...but I`m not sure if you have looked at this topic http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=467639 It describe how to make a theme and stuff, good starting point anyways. Hope it helps!
    @brandenk

why do we need to zip the files in linux? By the way thanks for the theming for dummies guide. ;)

I don't know why, something about how linux packages zip files opposed to windows, and yes once I figure it out and find all the problems people can have I am going to make up a nice walkthrough on making themes. But I wouldn't be surprised if there were already some theme manager apps in the works to make this whole process easier.
    Im teaching myself how to make themes as well. I have found it best to read through that walkthrough a million times and then PM a couple of the dev guys to answer specific questions.

Basically this is the process:

- Take a theme that you like for RC30 or ADP1 or whatever you wanna make it in

- Extract 2 folders inside, app, and framework into a new folder on your computer

- Rename add a .zip to the end of the apk files and extract them all so you have a bunch of folders with your app names

- Go into res and find any folder that says drawable and inside of there are the files to edit for your theme. Make sure not to edit the .9.png files.

- Once all your editing is done get into linux and turn all the folders back into zip files, then turn them back into apk files.

- Then take your app folder and framework folder that contain the new files and in linux create it into one zip file.

- Then you send the file back to windows, get the SignAPK files, put your zip in the folder with the SignAPK files and run some commands in the CMD to resign the file.

- Then rename that file update.zip and put it on the SDcard and give it a whirl.

This is how I understand the process after talking to a couple people for the last few days. I am hoping to release my own theme soon and if it works you will know that these steps are right. LOL And dont follow those directions, they are just to give you an idea of the steps involved.