[THEMECHOOSER] Windows Phone 7 Theme RC3. 11/12/11

Search This thread
J

JudasLucifer

In zip themer, hit menu "update edify" - then hit menu and go into settings and in update script format make sure it says edify (if you are on CWM 3x)

J

JudasLucifer

This theme looks great with launcher7

sent from a guy living in a van down by the river

And for anyone who asks:

*I* wont be making a Cm7 theme for this as I simply don't have the knowlege on how to do so.

HOWEVER. It *may* be possible for me to base this off an existing theme, eg Cyanbread. However, as I don't know how themes work, it is likely that if I did it this way, It would not be very complete.

So, until this theme is more "final" I probably wont be attempting to turn this into a Themechooser theme.

WishRyder

Feb 2, 2008
Waukee, IA
Either I can't figure out urls, or the mediafire folder is down. Does anyone have a mirror for this?

EDIT: Interesting...evidently my cable internet won't pull up the mediafire folder, but my phone's 3g will

Last edited:
J

JudasLucifer

Either I can't figure out urls, or the mediafire folder is down. Does anyone have a mirror for this?

EDIT: Interesting...evidently my cable internet won't pull up the mediafire folder, but my phone's 3g will
No idea why that is, is it working on your cable now? - its working on mine atm. - but this s quite a while later...

J

JudasLucifer

Version 0.2c released!

I've changed a few .9.pngs, hoping to change the notifications a bit.

Also, if anyone knows any good "official" wp7 resources, let me know! (eg, colour values, graphics, etc)

G

GuestD0255

awesome! i cant wait to have a complete WP7 theme for my phone :D

J

JudasLucifer

Just to give you guys an update, this WILL BE a theme chooser theme very shortly!
It was much easier than I had thought :p

So, the next release (0.3) will probably be 0.2c simply repackaged for theme chooser, and should be available tonight or tomorrow, depending how long it takes.

I will also probably tweak a few colours around, move to the "official" blue and try to sort out some of the colours in the notification bar

Ive sorted some things out, but theme chooser is giving me an error, so I'm going to have to look at it harder!

Last edited:

XxXDarknessXxX

Jan 3, 2011
Somebody an tell me how install this? I mean exactly because i pick in zipthemer the edify scripting and in cwm says an error "no space" or something.
My rom 2.3.
Ill try now with cyanogen.

J

JudasLucifer

Somebody an tell me how install this? I mean exactly because i pick in zipthemer the edify scripting and in cwm says an error "no space" or something.
My rom 2.3.
Ill try now with cyanogen.

I think it is because your /system/ partition is too small, try removing an app you dont use from it first!

Also don't expect a Theme Chooser version for a while, as I keep getting errors in Theme Chooser (I wish it would tell me what I've done wrong!)

XxXDarknessXxX

Jan 3, 2011
Working now ! :)

My phone:
zte Blade
GSF rom
tested and working with cm7 too!

Waiting for updates, can you mod the loading bar, and the overglow-scrool?

tdad

Oct 29, 2010
Hi, thanks for your work, unfortunately I always get a 404 error when I try to download the .zip file...

J

JudasLucifer

Working now ! :)

My phone:
zte Blade
GSF rom
tested and working with cm7 too!

Waiting for updates, can you mod the loading bar, and the overglow-scrool?

Hey, thanks for the feedback :p

Glad to see it works in Gsf too!

As Gsf seems to have settled on 21 I will make a framework mod in the theme kitchen for you and anyone else interested, with the above mods^

I am *pretty* sure you cant change the overscroll effect in themechooser for Cm7, though.

Theme chooser is also giving my theme errors so it may take some time for a cm7 version to be available!

Hi, thanks for your work, unfortunately I always get a 404 error when I try to download the .zip file...
It seems to work fine for me, are you downloading version 0.2c?

XxXDarknessXxX

Jan 3, 2011
Working for me...

Do you will add other icons(ex missing simcard, airplane mod)
And the statusbar on my phone not fully black, the upper areas are lighter colors. Its supposed too be like this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    QUOTE=JudasLucifer;27404044]I do at some point intend to add mango icons...I just need to get a source of them, decompiling ROMS for Windows Phone 7 devices got me nowhere.

I never expected this to support anything lower than HDPI, as that's the only phone I have. However someone said near the start it worked on their LDPI device because theme chooser scales the images down, I have never been able to test this.

App drawer icons were implemented at some point but many people didn't want them included - and so they weren't. The file manager icon still remains because it uses the same image the rest of the system uses for the folder icon.

I haven't posted on this thread in a long time and there have been no updates. This is because 1) I didn't see any pressing issues, 2) I have since moved onto CM9 and 3) Lots of schoolwork. I will however revisit this at somepoint and make it "more compatible" with CM9[/QUOTE]

I have my metro theme for cm9 in progress :D

43ef2ae4-2cc1-7dba.jpg
    [

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2
    I will try and get in touch with the theme author, see what he says...but I wouldn't be surprised if he says no!

I made the text boxes the exact same size as the original, except I think I might have got rid of some shadow around the edge and left it blank, so it might not work there if you touch now, where you might have used to have been.

That said I am just in the habit of touching the centre and it works fine, And I don't know what I could do about this...

I have the highlights half working in Theme Chooser. That being, they are still yellow to the touch, but turn the darker blue (focus) on long press.

I can't see a problem in my xml:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <selector
      xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
        <item android:state_window_focused="false" android:drawable="@color/transparent" />
        <item android:state_focused="true" android:state_enabled="false" android:state_pressed="true" android:drawable="@drawable/frameworks_res_list_selector_background_disabled" />
        <item android:state_focused="true" android:state_enabled="false" android:drawable="@drawable/frameworks_res_list_selector_background_disabled" />
        <item android:state_focused="true" android:state_pressed="true" android:drawable="@drawable/frameworks_res_list_selector_background_focus" />
        <item android:state_focused="false" android:state_pressed="true" android:drawable="@drawable/frameworks_res_list_selector_background_pressed" />
        <item android:state_focused="true" android:drawable="@drawable/frameworks_res_list_selector_background_focus" />
    </selector>

The "frameworks_res_list_selector_background_pressed" is obviously the light blue .9.png - but its still occurring yellow. So I think it *may* be a limit of Theme Chooser. Or someone else might be able to prove me wrong :p

I will have to put them in the next metamorph for the time being...

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

I have messaged the creator of said MetroStation icons, and will await his response to see if I have permission to re-distribute!

Since it's a free app, I hope he will be liberal!

Also another good contact might be guys from Minimal bread and Minimal magic - seems most of the 'orange' odd bits have been overcome in those themes. Even on long press options where we get Orange and in keyboard suggestions - they have managed to make themechooser theme with everything coloured in same flow. May be they might be able to share the trick?
    I suppose you could extract the images from the apk if you wanted, but you'd need the authors consent.

@PaintballerAlex had added all the application icons, he may add more, provided he has them available!

If @PaintballerAlex wants - he could add more from the market app called 'MetroStation' - it's icon pack. I am not sure how the author might be contacted, but if everyone is happy, you could probably acknowledge the original author and use A LOT of icons in theme.

For now, icons are semi-themed on my phone. I'm unable to change any icons using various icon-swapping apps. They fail on Launcher 7.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Also,

You mentioned that you might have a separate metamorph for replacing all the 'Orange highlights' - would it be replaced by blue or white? With current theme only tile colour that matches is blue, but if all orange were replaced by white, I guess all other tile colours might suit too. :)

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

How is everyone finding the text boxes btw? - Are the borders a bit thin or anything?

The text boxes in email and messaging seems about right!

However some grey boxes don't respond very well to touch. I mean touching it's edges or few other areas might not work straightaway, but touching right in the centre of any greybox, generally works. If touched in corners then it just needs another tap. It could be my dying touchscreen, but since everythin else works ok, it could be that the images are smaller, bigger or something that I don't understand. But no biggie though.

Awesome speed!

You are getting a hang of this theme! ;)

I'll try to look up more things that can be replicated as in WP7 - and then give more puzzles for you to solve after homework!
    For MMS.apk and speech bubbles - there is an app in the market called WP7 messeging or something similar in search terms.

It's a new app in beta version, but they seem to have managed to get the bubbles working! - it looks extremely COOL!

However, it's very laggy and slow as it's still under development. But if you could blend something in - that would be awesome, if not, users could add this app to have a feel of it. Not good enough for daily use though.