Orginal Defy+ HF5X 1700mAh battery :)

Search This thread

minomarimat

Jul 17, 2011
ok, so it says in the website that it's compatible with Motorola Photon/ Electrify.

Not in the Defy? :(

veimus

Battery will fit into the old Defy. However, other technology implementation requires modification of the battery module in the system.

For example Defy + users have a problem with charging the battery to full in the system created for the old Defy (MIUI, CM7).

The opposite situation can be when we put to the old Defy battery with higher capacity from Defy + (not tested)

waiting for a solution / patch

Last edited:

Quillin

Jan 30, 2011
Any news on this issue? Does anyone use the 1700mAh battery in Defy and with positively improved battery life?

mikeman8484

Mar 2, 2011
On MSginger 2.0 you have battd from defy +, just copy and paste it into your phone, change a permission and should work;) I can't get round to do it myself lol

Sent from my MB525 using XDA Premium App

CompleteIdiot

Aug 16, 2007
Where can I buy the original HF5X battery in the UK?
(The battery life on my Defy+ aint exactly brilliant!)

Thanks

marko1103

Oct 22, 2011
Zagreb

veimus

hwk_7

Oct 31, 2011
I bought this on ebay yesterday :)

ebay. com/itm/280743625174?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

10.59$ (with free shipping) < 49.99$ :D that`s almost 5x smaller price and 1800mah. I hope it will work fine and gonna bring the results here as soon it arrives :) It is BF5X model so it must be compatible with old Defy

1800mAh compatible with MB525 :O

Niiiice!!

liquid3

Apr 29, 2011
I thik if you'll be lucky that battery lasts half of an original defy one :D
But please let us to know

Last edited:

crakeron

Jul 27, 2011
Paris
And if you're unlucky it may catch fire while charging it ^^. Inform yourself on the dangers of such cheap batteries, that often lack a temperature safeguard, and all sorts of other important stuff. Batteries aren't just chemical cells, there should be electronics and security in them too

Sent from my 1Ghz CM7 + CM9 Defy

adiq_ambro

Oct 25, 2011
Is there a way to properly use Defy+ battery in normal Defy? What are the advantages? Someone did that? ;)

coolravsun

Nov 15, 2011
All,

I have motorola MB525 defy bought in September 2011. Last week, my phone battery got deep discharged and the phone won't boot even after plugging in the charger.

As the phone was under warranty, i got the battery replaced yesterday but i got HF5X 1700mAh (the one in Defy+) as replacement. The service centre guy said that it would work with my Defy.

I kept the phone on charging for more than 12 hours continuously but the battery keeps charging and battery level is not going beyond 80%.

Can anyone please suggest what should i do? Is there any kind of S/W patch that can help? If yes, where can i get it from & how do I use it?

Reactions: JohanXDash

Top Liked Posts