[I9000][Heimdall][Jan.30.2012] Firmware packages for stock ROMs

Search This thread

VWFeature

Mar 11, 2012
Multiupload (file host) installs iLivid malware on your computer!

none of the XXJVU 2.3.6 firmware links work anymore. Does anyone have a more recent link?
Thank your lucky stars it doesn't! From
http colon slash slash antivirus.about dot com /od/virusdescriptions/a/Ilivid-Virus dot htm
(Google iLivid!) I'd be livid too!

"The iLivid Virus hijacks your Internet web browser and redirects your Internet searches to ilivid.com. Similar to the Firefox Redirect Virus, the malware alters your Domain Name System (DNS). However, unlike the Firefox Redirect Virus, iLivid will attempt to infect all of the Internet browsers that are installed on your PC.

The iLivid Virus adds several components to your Internet browser, such as a search toolbar. These components are added without your knowledge and consent. Other symptoms include slowness with your Internet browser, search engine searches provide unwanted results, and typing a legit URL on your browser will redirect you to a page full of advertisements or to the iLivd.com website.

The creators of the iLivid Virus benefit from your clicks. For example, when you are redirected to iLivid.com website and if you click on the advertisements displayed on the site, the creators will receive advertisement fees from your clicks. However there’s a greater malicious intent than to gain profits from your clicks. The iLivid Virus is capable of stealing your personal information by recording your keystrokes and capturing your username and passwords to your email, credit cards, and banking information.

Infected by drive-by download

You may become infected with the iLivid Virus when attempting to download movies, music, or pirated software. The malware presents itself as a legit product called 'iLivid Free Download Manager," which attempts to trick you into believing that the tool is used for assisting with your media downloads.

iLivid Virus can also infect your PC by drive-by downloads. A drive-by download is a malicious program that is installed on your computer while visiting an infected website or viewing an HTML email message. Drive-by download programs are installed without your consent, and you don’t even have to click on a link on the web page or email to get infected. Drive-by downloads are considered to be client-side attacks. Client-side attacks target vulnerabilities that exist in your computer system which interact with a compromised server. Consequently, drive-by downloads can identify and exploit vulnerabilities that may exist in your browser as well as attack your PC due to low security settings. "

pickarooney

Apr 4, 2011
I'm trying to use Heimdall for the first time and get as far as the START button but I just get

Beginning session...
Releasing device interface...

the status bar never rises above 0% and then the Start button becomes active again.

I've no clue what's going on... Why is it that nothing bloody works for me with this phone?

Dagimar

Nov 26, 2016
Hi, someone know how i can fix "Failed to detect compatible download-mode device" error.
thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Heimdall firmware packages for stock GT-I9000 firmwares

Heimdall 1.3 included support for "Heimdall Firmware Packages," an XML-driven way to define, create, and distribute firmwares. This is a powerful tool for ROM developers, but I haven't seen it being used yet. In order to encourage and support the use of these new firmware packages, I've packaged up a few stock Samsung firmwares for use with Heimdall.

For those that don't know, Heimdall is an open-source, cross-platform tool written by Benjamin Dobell which can flash complete ROMs, kernels, modems, etc to Samsung Galaxy S devices. It's preferable over Odin as its source code is open and it is therefore undergoing public development, and we can review the code. In comparison, Odin is a closed-source, Windows-only internal Samsung utility, and what we know very little about it.

Downloads

These are stock ROMs, just as you'd find on Samfirmware or wherever else. I have not modified them other than unpacking and repacking for flashing with Heimdall (meaning they are odexed). If the upstream firmware includes bootloaders, I've included them*. I'll do my best to indicate additional information next to each ROM.

Gingerbread:
    *Note: Even though I've included bootloaders you'll be able to remove them in Heimdall's GUI right before flashing if you so please.

Froyo:

Credits...

Thanks to Benjamin Dobell for writing Heimdall. Thanks to [Ramad] for the idea of listing unadulterated stock ROMs. Thanks to Supercurio for being a role model of openness and transparency. We need more pro-community devs.
    Flashing instructions

Flashing instructions

Make sure you've installed Heimdall version 1.3 or higher. Do not unzip the firmware package, we open it up directly in the heimdall frontend graphical user interface! This procedure will wipe your device and you will lose all your installed applications.

Step 1: Open Heimdall's frontend (heimdall-frontend on Linux)

Step 2: Load the downloaded tar.gz into Heimdall

efhGb.jpg

Step 3: Press "Load / Customize"

Step 4: Reboot your phone in Download mode and connect it to your computer

Step 5 (optional): Customize the installation before flashing by removing or adding different files (such as pre-rooted kernels or different modems)

Step 6: Press "Start"

i3b8w.jpg

Your phone will begin to flash and then reboot.
    Reserved...
    It's great to see some Heimdall Firmware Packages for the GT-I9000. The instructions and screenshots you've included should make it super easy for beginners to get going. Keep up the good work! :)
    MediaFire link for XWJVZ

I just uploaded a MediaFire link for XWJVZ, here: http://www.mediafire.com/?3v35chw9a8a2wmw

The XXJVU file is too big for MediaFire (200+ megs). Where do you guys want me to mirror it?