New lapdock $49

Search This thread

bearfan85

Jul 26, 2010
Thanks for posting. I was not interested in purchasing the lapdock but at $50 you can't really lose. Picked one up this morning!

ServError

May 29, 2007
Picked the last local one up today, thanks for the tip. This was just what I needed, and the build quality is better than the atrix lapdock IMHO (go figure)

CurGeorge8

May 30, 2012
Got mine yesterday. Most reps don't know it's marked down until they ring it up.

Also, resellers don't seem to be offering the same discounts, only corporate stores. If you can snag one, it's a pretty good deal.

urphonesux

Jun 24, 2008
Captiva
yeah the one closest to me was still charging full price even though from the way he explained it they had a inventory room full of them. The new price is not being honored by authoorized resellers.
You should have saw the lady with the iphone that was with the agent next to me at the counter. When this HUUUUUGE lapdock box came out she was like
"Do you guys sell laptops now?"
"No mam that turns the droid bionic into a netbook"
"A NETBOOK? with screen and everything?"
"Yes Mam"
"50$"
"Yes Mam"
"I would like to pick one of those up for my iphone today as well"
"Sorry mam they only work with the motorola droid products"
"Hmmmph"
Walks out of the store mumbling about her small A#$ phone

I called around and made sure they were in stock, then casually said i had been looking online and saw that it was now 50$
after him putting me on hold to check the price
he came back and confirmed and put the last 2 on hold for me

Last edited:
Reactions: TheMuffStuff

brandogg

Jul 27, 2008
Thanks for the tip man, I am posting this from my DROID Bionic Lapdock that I just picked up for $52.97 out the door! Only ran Netflix and FireFox on it so far, but I've been impressed by it!

urphonesux

Jun 24, 2008
Captiva
the first thing you should do when u power it on is
click the gear at the top right
go to keyboard
speed it up and get rid of the delay
under mouse i pushed the top two sliders all the way to the right and got rid of the double tap delay

also im using the slide screen saver set to come up after 5 mins

Last edited:

bigcountry520

Oct 28, 2010
Has anyone else done this online trick yet? I went through all the motions earlier, site was secure and confirmed order, but no email confirmation yet.

urphonesux

Jun 24, 2008
Captiva
when the screen goes off
try pushing a button
or close the screen and reopen it
confirm when u close it that the application picker on the phone shows one of the webtop apps
and that you have the 2 square webtop icon in your status bar

If none of those work or you dont have that stuff on your phone screen a simple unplug replug should do the trick

initial connection seems to take a second though

audiomixman

Feb 2, 2007
Maryland
I do not understand the relevance of your link to the "Roc" video. What am I missing

As for the lapdock, all I can say is "wow". I might start leaving my Lenovo laptop at home more and take this thing with me. The USB ports and stereo speakers are nice additions I wasn't expecting. It's very nice to be able to use a mouse with it too. I'd have to "jailbreak" my iPad 3 in order to use a mouse with it when I have it in it's BT keyboard case. Not so with this lapdock.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just bought a new lapdock for my droid bionic at the local verizon store for $49 awesome they are clearance not many left.
    yeah the one closest to me was still charging full price even though from the way he explained it they had a inventory room full of them. The new price is not being honored by authoorized resellers.
    You should have saw the lady with the iphone that was with the agent next to me at the counter. When this HUUUUUGE lapdock box came out she was like
    "Do you guys sell laptops now?"
    "No mam that turns the droid bionic into a netbook"
    "A NETBOOK? with screen and everything?"
    "Yes Mam"
    "50$"
    "Yes Mam"
    "I would like to pick one of those up for my iphone today as well"
    "Sorry mam they only work with the motorola droid products"
    "Hmmmph"
    Walks out of the store mumbling about her small A#$ phone

I called around and made sure they were in stock, then casually said i had been looking online and saw that it was now 50$
    after him putting me on hold to check the price
    he came back and confirmed and put the last 2 on hold for me
    Ben's outlet has the Bionic specific lapdock for $70 shipped. I just ordered mine and I think its superior to the 100 in that it has a bigger screen and I like how the Bionic can actually dock in it vs sitting behind in on cables. Or if you have a phone condom you can pick up some adapter cables for $15 to use the dock with a case. Or just take the case off...

bensoutlet.com has the lapdock as a daily deal (not sure if it's only for today, or until sellout) for $49.99, free shipping (brand new, not refurb), and a video that shows how you can use it as a Raspberry Pi laptop-like setup (if you can splice cables).
    bensoutlet.com has the lapdock as a daily deal (not sure if it's only for today, or until sellout) for $49.99, free shipping (brand new, not refurb), and a video that shows how you can use it as a Raspberry Pi laptop-like setup (if you can splice cables).
    bensoutlet.com still has those Bionic lapdocks for $49.99, free shipping.
    Thanks!

Just bought one, but it says they're down to 10% of their stock. I Googled for a coupon code, and got two dollars off by entering BENSSAVINGS at checkout.

http://bensoutlet.com/products/motorola-droid-bionic-lapdock