I just wanted to thank everyone that has helped educate me about everything

Search This thread

chxnugs

Jan 9, 2013
Mississippi
I have been looking on this forum for a looong time and its definately my favorite for anything and everything I want to know.. I've been through everything from learning how to install my first rom to restoring hard bricked phones etc.. and its all thanks to you guys. I've learned a lot about my I-500 device and all the other phones I've had. Just wanted to say thanks

chxnugs

Jan 9, 2013
Mississippi
Oh hey bbrad! I'm so glad u responded because I do infact have so many questions for you lol. I'm currently running your aokp unofficial 4.2.2 march 29 rom with the devil kernel and I love it! I just have bad battery drain issues even when I try to underclock, the battery drains badly. I tried to download the devil kernel manager to help sort out the issues but I can't get anything to stick after a reboot. I've tried searching for a solution but no luck. I have ran many of your roms they are my favorite to this day but I dont think I remember having bad battery drain on your other ones. Is there something i can do?

I even have a 3500mah extended battery and it doesnt make it through a day of work :/

Last edited:

bbrad

Sep 22, 2012
Lucedale
Oh hey bbrad! I'm so glad u responded because I do infact have so many questions for you lol. I'm currently running your aokp unofficial 4.2.2 march 29 rom with the devil kernel and I love it! I just have bad battery drain issues even when I try to underclock, the battery drains badly. I tried to download the devil kernel manager to help sort out the issues but I can't get anything to stick after a reboot. I've tried searching for a solution but no luck. I have ran many of your roms they are my favorite to this day but I dont think I remember having bad battery drain on your other ones. Is there something i can do?

I even have a 3500mah extended battery and it doesnt make it through a day of work :/

Well do not under volt it ruins a battery horribly and as for the battery is it old? Try going back to stock (yes the horrible stock lol) to see if battery life is bad battery dude also did you do a dirty or clean install?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: chxnugs

chxnugs

Jan 9, 2013
Mississippi
Well do not under volt it ruins a battery horribly and as for the battery is it old? Try going back to stock (yes the horrible stock lol) to see if battery life is bad battery dude also did you do a dirty or clean install?

oh thanks for telling me about the undervolting. I did not know I'll go back stock. its a brand new battery but it was one of those cheap ones from ebay.. I have 2 extended batteries and my original. i havent tried the rom on my original battery yet. I'm pretty sure I did a clean install.. you do that by wiping dalvik and partition cache right? I always wipe before I install anything but ill go back through everything when i get off work. I'm at learning about all that and now that im actually pasta on the forum i can learn a lot better lol

Last edited:

beezie42

Jul 2, 2011
Traverse City, MI
Ive heard that undervolting doesnt really help with battery life and any benefits would be only a few percent or minutes.
Most generics I bought on ebay died after a couple months. I would look on amazon for a 1800mah epic touch battery. You can find them on ebay but its a gamble if its real. I bought 2 1800s for about $28.
Fresh install would also include wiping data or a factory reset along with cache and davlik cache. Or you can clean install with odin and odin a custom recovery then re flash as before.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using xda premium

ashtonalexander

Mar 26, 2013
The best cheap extended battery is trexcell or however it's spelled. With heavy use (music, YouTube, downloads, instagram, twitter etc. ) I get about 8 hours. Light use over a day.

Sent from my SPH-D710 4.2.2 slimbean rooted

chxnugs

Jan 9, 2013
Mississippi
Ive heard that undervolting doesnt really help with battery life and any benefits would be only a few percent or minutes.
Most generics I bought on ebay died after a couple months. I would look on amazon for a 1800mah epic touch battery. You can find them on ebay but its a gamble if its real. I bought 2 1800s for about $28.
Fresh install would also include wiping data or a factory reset along with cache and davlik cache. Or you can clean install with odin and odin a custom recovery then re flash as before.

oh ok then undervolting is definitely out of the question for me then.. the ones I bought was about 10 bucks for the battery, back to phone, and the wall charger peice. they seem to work good but like u as they will probably go out soonish. about the clean install, I used heimdall to install a fresh fe29, then put my cwm fixed on there, did my wipes, installed an ics rom (dont remember which one atm) did more wipes and flashed aokp. did i forget anything?

beezie42

Jul 2, 2011
Traverse City, MI
oh ok then undervolting is definitely out of the question for me then.. the ones I bought was about 10 bucks for the battery, back to phone, and the wall charger peice. they seem to work good but like u as they will probably go out soonish. about the clean install, I used heimdall to install a fresh fe29, then put my cwm fixed on there, did my wipes, installed an ics rom (dont remember which one atm) did more wipes and flashed aokp. did i forget anything?

Ya when they get that cheap there bound to be fakes or just poor quality. After going threw about 4 generics in about 6 months I just opted for a OEM 1800mah and am very happy with them. Well looks like you did plenty of wipping lol. You should be good to go.

Also if there is still battery drain try betterbatterystats and cpu spy to make sure nothing is using alot of back ground data and the phone is deep sleeping good.

chxnugs

Jan 9, 2013
Mississippi
Lol ok so did plenty of wiping.:thumbup: I have betterbatterystats and still get used to it.. I was trying to find out what exactly was draining it. As for the other app ill check it out thanks. How long is that 1800mah batterys run time for moderate use?

Sent from my SCH-I500

Last edited:

beezie42

Jul 2, 2011
Traverse City, MI
Lol ok so did plenty of wiping.:thumbup: I have betterbatterystats and still get used to it.. I was trying to find out what exactly was draining it. As for the other app ill check it out thanks. How long is that 1800mah batterys run time for moderate use?

Sent from my SCH-I500

Some of the stats on betterbatterystats are hard to understand but googleing most stats will help you find out what it is. Cpu spy just monitors how your cpu is being used and can help with deep sleep issues.
I get great battery life on a 1800 oem. I normally get threw a full day on it with over 4 or 5 hours of screen on time. I would also give greenify and ds battery saver a try, I have had great results with using those 2 together.

Reactions: chxnugs

chxnugs

Jan 9, 2013
Mississippi
Ok thanks I will try then out and let you know how it goes. What rom are you using?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium

Mar 14, 2011
Lansing, MI
I don't want to hijack, but I also want to offer my sincere thanks to this group.

I bought 3 Fassys back in the day one for myself, my son and my daughter. Mine and my daughter's are happily running AOKP JB and loving these "old" phones. My son had a mishap with his and needed to replace it. As he didn't ask for my opinion and we're clinging to our unlimited data, he bought an LG Revolution to taste some 4G goodness, then brought the phone to his old ma for roots and roms.

I don't really know *anything*, I just know how to read XDA, but he thinks I'm the phone guru.

Anyway, I figured that a new 4G snapdragon phone must have some JellyBean ROMs available, so I wandered over to the Revolution forum.

*crickets*

I figured out how to root it, but had to hand it back to my son and tell him that his fancy new phone was stuck with Gingerbread as there's just no JB ROM for it yet. The Revolution development is as dead as a red wedding guest.

It just made me appreciate what an AMAZING community of developers we have here for the Fassy!! I could easily choose from a dozen good JB ROMs and I have every reason to believe that this old phone will be eating up some Key Lime Pie before she gives up the ghost and heads to that great back corner of a dresser drawer in the sky.

THANK YOU!! To everyone who keeps this community thriving.

THANK YOU!! To everyone who recognizes that we have a fine device here and isn't jumping at the chance to make it obsolete.

It's because of you that I can continue to be too cheap to buy a new phone and still keep my unlimited data and not feel like I'm missing out on the cool new flavors of Android.

This old mama really appreciates you all!!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NP we are happy to help on about anything you need just ask :D:p

Sent from my SCH-I500

Some of the stats on betterbatterystats are hard to understand but googleing most stats will help you find out what it is. Cpu spy just monitors how your cpu is being used and can help with deep sleep issues.
    I get great battery life on a 1800 oem. I normally get threw a full day on it with over 4 or 5 hours of screen on time. I would also give greenify and ds battery saver a try, I have had great results with using those 2 together.