can't see version-main

Search This thread

LSGio

Jul 15, 2012
i wanna flash RUU on my HTC One S and for that i need to know my version-main but when i go to fastboot and type "fastboot getvar version-main"
it shows blank!
also when i type "fastboot getvar all" i see everything but the version-main is blank! why?
is there any other way to determine which RUU i need?

D

Deleted member 4736186

What is your CID?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

LSGio

Jul 15, 2012
What do you mean might work?
I have two questions:
If it doesn't work would my phone Get bricked?

How do I properly flash a RUU?

this is my current state:
Bootloader unlocked
Team win recovery
Cyanogenmod 10.2

Edit:yes,i have the snapdragon s4 (z520e)

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4736186

What do you mean might work?
I have two questions:
If it doesn't work would my phone Get bricked?

How do I properly flash a RUU?

this is my current state:
Bootloader unlocked
Team win recovery
Cyanogenmod 10.2

Edit:yes,i have the snapdragon s4 (z520e)

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

I'm not sure if there is RUU for your CID. I tried to Google that but I didn't find much. If you've bought your phone from carrier, then there is probably no RUU for your phone. If the CID doesn't match, then RUU won't run at all and it will throw an error. To run RUU you need to have locked bootloader and stock recovery.

LSGio

Jul 15, 2012
I'm not sure if there is RUU for your CID. I tried to Google that but I didn't find much. If you've bought your phone from carrier, then there is probably no RUU for your phone. If the CID doesn't match, then RUU won't run at all and it will throw an error. To run RUU you need to have locked bootloader and stock recovery.

if i relock the bootloader and flash stock recovery (please give me a link for it)
so can i flash the RUU mensioned erlier?
what if it fails?

D

Deleted member 4736186

Follow this guide to do it. You don't need to root since you have CyanogenMod. The links to XDA threads doesn't work, but all you need is RUU and all in one toolkit for One S which should be in Android Development section on this forum. Also you need to have the unlock token for your device.

If the RUU doesn't work, then you can try another RUU if you find correct one for your device. Some have went as far as changing CID to HTC__001 to run the European RUU, which I linked earlier, but to do it you need to unlock bootloader again.