Windows Marketplace

Search This thread

Noonski

Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
Went into the control panel and changed my region there.
(don't know if you did a Reg change or did it this way)
Still got the UK instead of the Portugese version.

And reconnecting again after this through GPRS instead of Wifi gave me Dutch Shop again.

But your absolutly right.
After doing it again (this time for insurance both my region and Time to).
Resetting Phone and connecting through Wifi with phone disabled)
I get the ****load off Apstore to With the currency in Dollars.

Last edited:

FloatingFatMan

Apr 20, 2005
Went into the control panel and changed my region there.
(don't know if you did a Reg change or did it this way)
Still got the UK instead of the Portugese version.

And reconnecting again after this through GPRS instead of Wifi gave me Dutch Shop again.

That would seem to indicate that it's a combination of the DeviceID and the locale of your phone provider being used to set your marketplace locale. If so, you won't ever be able to bypass it when connecting over GPRS/3G.

Noonski

Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
Well for now, untill Microsoft Opens up the local shops for some more developers. (as said in the unwired article).

This should already make a few people a bit more happy.

But what shocked me most was seeing the always free for the last ten years Microsoft Office Showing up in the Store.

If this is true it might be that in the future this can't be cooked, if Microsoft decide to take the office part out of the Windows Mobile License and start asking money for it.:mad:

melvintwj

Aug 24, 2009
How do i install this? I've installed the cab file and where do i launch the marketplace?

Thanks in advance.

Noonski

Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
There's two Cabs further down that have the Shortcut links.

As the OP is active i will leave it up to him if he wants to update his original Cabs himself. (2 pages ain't that much reading yet so the anwser should be easily found ATM)

I only update first posts when OP has been inactive for a while.

Last edited:

smuppy

Feb 4, 2009
Two things: I use amans file, not the file posted in this thread. And yes, i changed my lcoation through settings -> regions, not via registry.

Is it possible that it does a trace on GPRS (ip-adress) and checks the location of that IP and presents the "correct marketplace" based on that?

Same thing should happen with Wifi then as well. Is it possible that it does a lookup on the provider used to connect? What I mean is... some wap-sites are only available if you connect through your gprs, not when you connect through wifi...

I havent gotten this to work on my topaz yet, only tried with my two athenas and they work flawlessly. When run on the topaz it just dies without loading a UI.

Brendo

Seriously i need help, where do i launch this app?
if you download the cab in post #10, after installing, you should have an icon on your start menu

hmmm...my live (hotmail) contacts all got deleted and the only thing ive done on my phone recently is install marketplace
my contacts stayed, but the windows live part of it seems have been removed and i cant use messenger or anything. not sure if its related or my rom is stuffed. oh well, updating in next few days anyway

Noonski

Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
I have to much headache to go through all those fancy numbers and letters scrolling by in HexEdit :(.

Which means you Probably also read my other idea to check for App to SD installation.

If your updating in a few days, i'm always looking for a few good Men to test.

Brendo

im not sure how far into this im allowed to go, but here is what ive found
marketplace downloads cab to a certain directory (names file MKP followed by 6 hexadecimal caracters), then installs cab and creates a setup log file which both get deleted along with the cab. here is the log file it creates when installing facebook app:
Code:
<wap-provisioningdoc><characteristic type="Install"><parm name="InstallPhase" value="install"/><parm name="OSVersionMin" value="5.2"/><parm name="OSVersionMax" value="6.99"/><parm name="BuildNumberMin" value="0"/><parm name="BuildNumberMax" value="-536870912"/><parm name="AppName" value="Micro_Facebookfo_MRnzUunn9kWxtZjoksR4dg"/><parm name="InstallDir" value="\Program Files\Facebook" translation="install"/><parm name="NumDirs" value="4"/><parm name="NumFiles" value="12"/><parm name="NumRegKeys" value="1"/><parm name="NumRegVals" value="2"/><parm name="NumShortcuts" value="1"/></characteristic><characteristic type="FileOperation"><characteristic type="\Windows" translation="install"><characteristic type="MakeDir"/><characteristic type="zlibce.dll" translation="install"><characteristic type="Extract"><parm name="Source" value="00zlibce.001"/></characteristic></characteristic><characteristic type="fbservice.dll" translation="install"><characteristic type="Extract"><parm name="Source" value="FBSERV~1.002"/></characteristic></characteristic><characteristic type="facebook.exe.0409.mui" translation="install"><characteristic type="Extract"><parm name="Source" value="FACEBO~1.006"/></characteristic></characteristic></characteristic><characteristic type="\Program Files\Facebook" translation="install"><characteristic type="MakeDir"/><characteristic type="FacebookGraphics.dll" translation="install"><characteristic type="Extract"><parm name="Source" value="FACEBO~1.003"/></characteristic></characteristic><characteristic type="facebook.exe.0407.mui" translation="install"><characteristic type="Extract"><parm name="Source" value="FACEBO~1.004"/></characteristic></characteristic><characteristic type="facebook.exe.0408.mui" translation="install"><characteristic type="Extract"><parm name="Source" value="FACEBO~1.005"/></characteristic></characteristic><characteristic type="facebook.exe.040C.mui" translation="install"><characteristic type="Extract"><parm name="Source" value="FACEBO~1.007"/></characteristic></characteristic><characteristic type="facebook.exe.0410.mui" translation="install"><characteristic type="Extract"><parm name="Source" value="FACEBO~1.008"/></characteristic></characteristic><characteristic type="facebook.exe.0413.mui" translation="install"><characteristic type="Extract"><parm name="Source" value="FACEBO~1.009"/></characteristic></characteristic><characteristic type="facebook.exe.0415.mui" translation="install"><characteristic type="Extract"><parm name="Source" value="FACEBO~1.010"/></characteristic></characteristic><characteristic type="facebook.exe.0C0A.mui" translation="install"><characteristic type="Extract"><parm name="Source" value="FACEBO~1.011"/></characteristic></characteristic><characteristic type="facebook.exe" translation="install"><characteristic type="Extract"><parm name="Source" value="facebook.012"/></characteristic></characteristic></characteristic><characteristic type="\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" translation="install"><characteristic type="MakeDir"/><characteristic type="Facebook.lnk" translation="install"><characteristic type="Shortcut"><parm name="Source" value="\Program Files\Facebook\facebook.exe" translation="install"/></characteristic></characteristic></characteristic></characteristic><characteristic type="Registry"><characteristic type="HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Facebook"><parm name="Login" value="AAA=" datatype="binary"/><parm name="UserActionPublished" value="0" datatype="integer"/></characteristic></characteristic></wap-provisioningdoc>
nowhere there does it talk about installation locations or anything. i already had it installed and have no idea what it did to the version i already installed via cab

fanatic66

Jul 24, 2009
Why the hell are only 22 programs at german marketplace?`

can u underline this or does someone have more programs?

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
im not sure how far into this im allowed to go, but here is what ive found
marketplace downloads cab to a certain directory (names file MKP followed by 6 hexadecimal caracters), then installs cab and creates a setup log file which both get deleted along with the cab. here is the log file it creates when installing facebook app:
Code:
<wap-provisioningdoc><characteristic type="Install"><parm name="InstallPhase" value="install"/><parm name="OSVersionMin" value="5.2"/><parm name="OSVersionMax" value="6.99"/><parm name="BuildNumberMin" value="0"/><parm name="BuildNumberMax" value="-536870912"/><parm name="AppName" value="Micro_Facebookfo_MRnzUunn9kWxtZjoksR4dg"/><parm name="InstallDir" value="\Program Files\Facebook" translation="install"/><parm name="NumDirs" value="4"/><parm name="NumFiles" value="12"/><parm name="NumRegKeys" value="1"/><parm name="NumRegVals" value="2"/><parm name="NumShortcuts" value="1"/></characteristic><characteristic type="FileOperation"><characteristic type="\Windows" translation="install"><characteristic type="MakeDir"/><characteristic type="zlibce.dll" translation="install"><characteristic type="Extract"><parm name="Source" value="00zlibce.001"/></characteristic></characteristic><characteristic type="fbservice.dll" translation="install"><characteristic type="Extract"><parm name="Source" value="FBSERV~1.002"/></characteristic></characteristic><characteristic type="facebook.exe.0409.mui" translation="install"><characteristic type="Extract"><parm name="Source" value="FACEBO~1.006"/></characteristic></characteristic></characteristic><characteristic type="\Program Files\Facebook" translation="install"><characteristic type="MakeDir"/><characteristic type="FacebookGraphics.dll" translation="install"><characteristic type="Extract"><parm name="Source" value="FACEBO~1.003"/></characteristic></characteristic><characteristic type="facebook.exe.0407.mui" translation="install"><characteristic type="Extract"><parm name="Source" value="FACEBO~1.004"/></characteristic></characteristic><characteristic type="facebook.exe.0408.mui" translation="install"><characteristic type="Extract"><parm name="Source" value="FACEBO~1.005"/></characteristic></characteristic><characteristic type="facebook.exe.040C.mui" translation="install"><characteristic type="Extract"><parm name="Source" value="FACEBO~1.007"/></characteristic></characteristic><characteristic type="facebook.exe.0410.mui" translation="install"><characteristic type="Extract"><parm name="Source" value="FACEBO~1.008"/></characteristic></characteristic><characteristic type="facebook.exe.0413.mui" translation="install"><characteristic type="Extract"><parm name="Source" value="FACEBO~1.009"/></characteristic></characteristic><characteristic type="facebook.exe.0415.mui" translation="install"><characteristic type="Extract"><parm name="Source" value="FACEBO~1.010"/></characteristic></characteristic><characteristic type="facebook.exe.0C0A.mui" translation="install"><characteristic type="Extract"><parm name="Source" value="FACEBO~1.011"/></characteristic></characteristic><characteristic type="facebook.exe" translation="install"><characteristic type="Extract"><parm name="Source" value="facebook.012"/></characteristic></characteristic></characteristic><characteristic type="\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" translation="install"><characteristic type="MakeDir"/><characteristic type="Facebook.lnk" translation="install"><characteristic type="Shortcut"><parm name="Source" value="\Program Files\Facebook\facebook.exe" translation="install"/></characteristic></characteristic></characteristic></characteristic><characteristic type="Registry"><characteristic type="HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Facebook"><parm name="Login" value="AAA=" datatype="binary"/><parm name="UserActionPublished" value="0" datatype="integer"/></characteristic></characteristic></wap-provisioningdoc>
nowhere there does it talk about installation locations or anything. i already had it installed and have no idea what it did to the version i already installed via cab
It installs it as a completely different CAB ("Micro_Facebookfo_MRnzUunn9kWxtZjoksR4dg" is what you'll see in Remove Programs). In the root of the device, I've found two *.edb files (I'm guessing a database, haven't bothered to see what kind) that probably resolves the name against something.

Marketplace uses WCELOAD to install the cabs, and if called with the /NOUI flag, it defaults to installing on device. I guess we could remove the /NOUI flag from the parameters (using some disasm+hex editing). The install dir is "\Program Files\Facebook" which if installed to Storage Card would be "\Storage Card\Program Files\Facebook".

Noonski

Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
Why the hell are only 22 programs at german marketplace?`

can u underline this or does someone have more programs?

It does if you get into US marketplace.

Change your Region to US, soft reset and connect to Marketplace through Wifi.

The reason i post every little mistake and misjudgment is so others can see what i do wrong. Also to bounce back and forward ideas and so others can see what people might be missing.

I hadn't thought looking for NoUi yet, for instance.

owziee

Sep 1, 2007
EU
My phone storage is almost full on my Diamond, is there a way to install this to the 4 Gig internal storage on the Diamond instead?

Noonski

Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
Found it

Removed it, it now asks for install dir.

l3v5y thanks for the heads up.

Anyone ready for some beta testing?

Attached the patched Marketplace client that asks for install Directory.
It hasn't been signed yet but that should be no problem.
Edit: removed the Exe it's no longer needed.

Also attached a new cab file without the Device ID so your shop connects to the correct Local shop.
And resigned the marketplace.
Enjoy and remember, this was a team effort, even if it looked easy at the end.

Cabs have been moved to first post.

Last edited:

Noonski

Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
Both, it will first ask where to install the marketplace ant then in the marketplace it will ask where to install the app to.

The exe was just a test release but the cab came quickly after that after i confirmed it working myself. (A few times)

Top Liked Posts