*TrackMe* GPS/CellID Tracking tool for Google Earth & Google Maps

Search This thread

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
ok guys,

here is the new version. I'm sorry it took so long, but believe me... it was really tough sometimes. The worst part is to upload data to the server. Usually servers don't like these things for a external application, and I had to try a thousand of different techniques to get it to work.
I'm still haven't been able to fix that problem that I mentioned. If you select store GPS positions locally and generate kml files remotely, and some cases it will just hang there trying to upload the data. I don't know why. It only happened to me a few times and for that reason it's very difficult to trace it.
I'll keep working on that.

This new version has the following:
- Ability to store GPS positions locally and remotely.
- Ability to generate KML files locally and remotely.
- Export function has been rewritten to support new features.
- Added option for delete positions locally and remotely.
- You can export/delete positions for a given trip, for any trip, or for positions with no trip defined.
- Ability to delete trips
- If you use your own server, you can specify the extension of the files (PHP,ASP,...) and also the folder where the files are located.
- Simple and Advanced mode in Configuration.

For next version I prefer to wait in adding more features until this one is stable and I can fix that bug that happens sometimes. My next release will be the necessary PHP and mysql files and documentation for people who want to use their own server.

I hope you guys have fun with it!

ahh.... I added a link for Donations :eek:
If I get enough to invite my wife for a romantic dinner in the place of her choice I'll be completely satisfied!! just kidding... She almost divorced me for all those long nights that I kept working on this :D She cannot understand how much fun is to work on this project!!! Thanks a lot for your support guys.

Check my signature for downloading the program.

Last edited:

cjmedina

Jun 13, 2006
san diego california
i cant get it to work on google earth i keep getting cant find http file . i followed the instruction from the read me file on the app but when i enter the url its says cant find http file. any ideas

Last edited:

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
ok guys, I think I fixed the problem.
Try with this new version I just uploaded.

By the way, I think I also fixed the problem uploading data. At least I left it running for 4 hours and worked fine.

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
The program is exporting the files correctly. The only thing is that when you click on 'Show generated filenames' is not showing the right name.

Just point Google Earth to http://www.domain.com:80/trackme/routes/Slacker.kml

and the file should be there.

No idea about the soft reset. I haven't really modified anything that could do that. Let's see what feedback we get from other users.

Regards

jcleek

Mar 18, 2006
www.mobilegadgetnews.com
Two versions ago it was working perfectly. Last version and this one I get:

Error generating remote .kml file

Screen capture attached. Any idea why?

Attachments

• GPS.jpg
    GPS.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 40

daesimps

Mar 26, 2007
Just tried this on my Artemis.

Told it to use COM4 (same as I do with TomTom and Co-Pilot). When I click start it just says opening COM4 and then locks my handset up. Have to reset to get it back.

Do you have any ideas as I would really like to get this app working - it is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks in advance.
Dae

odie3

Sep 7, 2005
Texas
ghostdogs.net
This looks pretty cool but I seem to be over looking the readme file. I assume I need a way to upload the file to my hosting site (does it use ftp)?

odie3

Sep 7, 2005
Texas
ghostdogs.net
it uses HTTP post requests, so you don't need really need anything on your server (unless that you have disabled some settings)

Okay, I can hit my link on your server "http://luisespinosa.com/trackme/routes/myusername.kml" and I get some information. Now what do I do with it? Import it some how to google earth web site?

Man, I feel like a noob.

odie3

Sep 7, 2005
Texas
ghostdogs.net
Say, where is the Tab "Google Earth" that has the button that states "Click here for help to setup Google Earth". It shows it on your screen shots on your first page but on my install of your program... :(

Edit:
Okay, I gave up on Google web map site and moved on to the real Google Maps (Client Install). That works great and even figured out how to add a network link under my places (rather cool).

So, any step by step for Google Web Map site and the kml file? Thanks!

Last edited:

jcleek

Mar 18, 2006
www.mobilegadgetnews.com
I just installed the latest version. Now it says uploaded correctly but there is no file on my server in the routes folder.

But after I restarted it again it now shows the file error again.

Attachments

• GPS.jpg
    GPS.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 33
  • gps2.jpg
    gps2.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 20

odie3

Sep 7, 2005
Texas
ghostdogs.net
Okay, this thing is freaking cool! I just sent you $20.00 via paypal from your donate button.

Question: Is there a way for your app to auto-create a trip each time you start it up? Perhaps Trip-MMDDYYYY as a name?

Last edited:

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
I just installed the latest version. Now it says uploaded correctly but there is no file on my server in the routes folder.

But after I restarted it again it now shows the file error again.

oh man... I didn't know you were using your own server. The php files have changed for this version. You know, that's why I didn't want to release the php files until I had stable version.

Here are the newest php files. However, keep in mind that they may change for a next release.
http://luisespinosa.com/temp/trackme.zip

You don't need the file googleearth.php anymore.

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
Okay, this thing is freaking cool! I just sent to $20.00 via paypal from your donate button.

*THANKS A LOT* man.... I really appreciate it.

Question: Is there a way for your app to auto-create a trip each time you start it up? Perhaps Trip-MMDDYYYY as a name?

No, but it's a great idea. I will add it for the next version.

By the way, I think you are using an old version. You can get the latest from my signature.

Regards

MPIIIMan

Jun 19, 2006
Detroit
www.mpiii.com
staryon, you need to update those PHP files.
They do not work without modification on my server.
You are not declaring the variables being passed in via the URL.

Code:
	$action = $_GET["action"];
	$username = $_GET["username"];
	$password = $_GET["password"];
	$lat = $_GET["lat"];
	$long = $_GET["long"];
	$dateadded = $_GET["dateadded"];
	$dateoccurred = $_GET["dateoccurred"];
	$datefrom = $_GET["datefrom"];
	$dateto = $_GET["dateto"];
	$tripname = $_GET["tripname"];

odie3

Sep 7, 2005
Texas
ghostdogs.net
*THANKS A LOT* man.... I really appreciate it.

No, but it's a great idea. I will add it for the next version.

By the way, I think you are using an old version. You can get the latest from my signature.

Regards

Cool, thanks for taking my idea into account!

As for the version, I was on .16 but now I am on .17. BTW, how do I use the .kml file in Google Maps (the online version)?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That would be amazing if an android version was produced!

I've been using the windows mobile version on my old phone for a charity bike ride we do across Europe every year, and it really does work a treat! It would be great if I only had to take one phone..

Thanks for your help, and if you need any assistance testing it....

Android version is looking good so far. I have been able to read from the GPS and upload the data to the server.
    Now I need to work in the offline mode, user settings and interface.
    Hopefully I will have something soon!
    ANDROID VERSION NOW AVAILABLE!!

I just published it in the marketplace. Not sure when it will show up.
    I also created a post in the Android forums. Please use that thread from now on.
    Here is the link

I hope people like it...
    Any news about Android version? This is only program that I miss at windows mobile.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

I'm probably getting the phone this week. Hopefully I will start working on it the next one.
    +1 For an Android version.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

Well..then I have good news for you! :)

The company that acquired TrackMe for WM has asked me to write a version for Android so I will start working on this in the next few weeks! :cool:

By the way, the interest for the WP7 is growing so I plan to release a new update soon too.
    Hi! Thank you for the new release of W7 App TrackMe. I'm still with my old TP2 phone and use WM 6.5 I think to switch with Android soon, do you plan to make an Android version ?

Have a good day!

JmCourir