Samsung Galaxy Tab 30 Pin Dock Connector Pinout

Search This thread

dsh897

Dec 19, 2007
not sure if its been posted so here you go

gxtabpinout.jpg

Here's the pinout configuration of theSamsung Galaxy Tab from left to right solder pins of the dock connector.
Image courtesy of Droidangel.com

This is the technical info of Samsung Galaxy Tab Pinouts for digital and analog I/O on the 30 pin dock connector.

1 Gnd P
2 Gnd P
3 USB_DP_CON I/O
4 USB_DM_CON I/O
5 IF_CON_SENSE I
6 V_ACCESSORY_5.0V P
7 V_BUS_1 P
8 V_BUS_1 P
9 VOUT_CHARGER P
10 VOUT_CHARGER P
11 no connection
12 no connection
13 ACCESSORY_ID / USB_ID I
14 ACCESSORY_INT I
15 Gnd P
16 Gnd P
17 MHL_DP I/O
18 MHL_DM I/O
19 MHL_ID I
20 IF_RXD I
21 IF_TXD O
22 no connection?
23 AP_TV_OUT O
24 REMOTE_SENSE I
25 no connection
26 no connection
27 EAR_L_CRADLE O
28 EAR_R_CRADLE O
29 3.5_INT_TEST I
30 Gnd P

Techno79

Jun 23, 2008
Does this mean it's possible that we'll see unofficial 3rd party adapters and accessories?

NJA87

Mar 1, 2011
Nykøbing F.
GT-P1000 & GT-P7500 resistor values/resistor list

Hey guys.

I can't not be the only one some need Resistor values for the Galaxy Tab.

Like this for i9000 : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=820275

plz help me with the resistor list for the Galaxy Tab (P1000 & P7500)

I know i have to use Pin 13 (USB ID) + GND Pin 15.

But the list with resistor values will be so ****in nice. :D

My Resistor List:

20K ohm - USB Host

7.5K ohm - Car Dock (Finde from a car dock without sound, only power)

Last edited:

nandihno

Jul 22, 2010
Brisbane
yes they are the same
I bought a galaxy tab 7" usb connector to charge my galaxy tab 10.1 and it works
Also its able to connect to kies with it so they are the same

drubrew

Oct 10, 2011
In order to use pin 27, 28 & 30 to get audio out, I am assuming you need to strap a resistor somewhere to get the tablet to output audio. Can some one let me know where and what value? I built an audio cable but alas no audio output:(

yincrash

Mar 30, 2010
just because the charging cable is the same, does not mean the pin out is the same. the galaxy tab 7" composite cable doesn't work on the 10" tab.

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

In order to use pin 27, 28 & 30 to get audio out, I am assuming you need to strap a resistor somewhere to get the tablet to output audio. Can some one let me know where and what value? I built an audio cable but alas no audio output:(

here's a photo of the 30pin taken apart from the composite cable i just mentioned. let me know if you can't make out any of the resistor bands.

52n8df.jpg

unubtanium

Sep 24, 2008
London
As the pic on is for a GT 7", i wonder if anyone has managed to get a gt 7" in download mode with making a "jig" like the one you can make for i9000?

aeioo

Nov 29, 2010
30-pin Connector Adapter DIY Problem

I already own a standard MHL adapter cable with micro-USB plug and HDMI output, which works for various devices such as the Samsung Galaxy Note, S2, HTC Sensation, Flyer, etc. This is a good investment because the adapter is a standard one.

I don't want to buy another MHL adapter with proprietary 30-pin plug for my new Galaxy Tab. The 30-pin version MHL for tab is unreasonably much more expensive and I can't find a third party substitute at this moment.

Thus I am trying to make a connector adapter so that I can use my existing MHL adapter. Unfortunately, following the pinout diagram shown above, I was unable to make it work. I am sure that I connected the MHL_DP, MHL_DM correctly. The problem probably lies on the MHL_ID. I have tried connecting the MHL_ID to ground but it didn't work. I wonder if anyone can give me some hints? Should I add some resistors? Where can I find more information?

The attached picture shows my DIY design (not working at this moment)

Attachments

• Tab.MHL.adapter.DIY1..jpg
    Tab.MHL.adapter.DIY1..jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 9,322

mailings

Aug 1, 2008
@aeioo: Sorry I'm of no help, but please if you finally get it working, please, please, please, let me know.

I own a Galaxy Nexus and a Tab 7.7 I don't have the MHL adapter yet because I can't decide for which device do I want it.

What you are trying would be the perfect solution for me.

Regards

mailings

Aug 1, 2008
The problem probably lies on the MHL_ID. I have tried connecting the MHL_ID to ground but it didn't work. I wonder if anyone can give me some hints? Should I add some resistors? Where can I find more information?

I have seen a block diagram in page 11 of this datasheet You can see there that the MicroUSB pin 4 is connected to the MHL Proccessor, so may be that you have to connect MHL_ID to pin 4 in the MicroUSB connector.

Reactions: Panpan_99

philbarton

Nov 25, 2009
Just a thought... Any idea if this would hit it off?

Looking at the different diagrams, and similarities between the 10.1 and 7 tab-
Thrown together a power cable with USB host, and audio/video out. Bit old school composite video but should be able to load videos from USB drive, play out to projector/TV, and NOT GO FLAT! :)

Not tested as waiting for the 30pin connector and some resistors, as i can imagine having to find the correct mode on pin13 will be difficult. Started out in host and powered mode here and will improve/update when i get the parts. Anyone managed to get anything similar working?

Diagram link - www . supportituk.co.uk/#/images/4562009987

Last edited:

liderzre

Sep 20, 2008
Fulda
just because the charging cable is the same, does not mean the pin out is the same. the galaxy tab 7" composite cable doesn't work on the 10" tab.

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

here's a photo of the 30pin taken apart from the composite cable i just mentioned. let me know if you can't make out any of the resistor bands.

52n8df.jpg

How to disasemble conector?
Thanks

splotz

Feb 10, 2012
Europe
Hi,

sorry if it was mentioned before, but
is it possible to use HDMI, USB OTG, charging, and audio out at the same time with the 10.1 Tab or 10.1 Note?

ed.:
And is it not possible to have USB OTG and USB out at the same time ?
ed.2: (eg. for being connected to pc and usb-stick at the same time)

I think it could really have the power of a netbook, but the connectors...

Kind Regards
Splotz

Last edited:

Percy2395

Oct 29, 2012
OTG for Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000

Hello, what I'm looking is enable the OTG function For Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-P1000L.
The only thing I found was a video where this function is achieved activate, but need an external power, and update to version CyanogenMod 9 from HumberOS, for enable the usb-host function.
Is there any way to do this but without the need for external power supply?
And sorry if my english is bad.

Last edited:

MrMattMadman

Nov 14, 2012
Pin 6 Current ability

Does anyone know how much current can be drawn from pin 6 of the 30 pin connector?

Thanks for any info
Matt

HaMaHe

Nov 18, 2013
What is it exactly that tells the tablet there is an official charger connected?

metku

Feb 18, 2011
is it possible to use the connector to wake up the tab? all of my physical buttons are dead so right now the only way to wake up my tab is by pluging it to any power source.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    not sure if its been posted so here you go

gxtabpinout.jpg

Here's the pinout configuration of theSamsung Galaxy Tab from left to right solder pins of the dock connector.
    Image courtesy of Droidangel.com

This is the technical info of Samsung Galaxy Tab Pinouts for digital and analog I/O on the 30 pin dock connector.

1 Gnd P
    2 Gnd P
    3 USB_DP_CON I/O
    4 USB_DM_CON I/O
    5 IF_CON_SENSE I
    6 V_ACCESSORY_5.0V P
    7 V_BUS_1 P
    8 V_BUS_1 P
    9 VOUT_CHARGER P
    10 VOUT_CHARGER P
    11 no connection
    12 no connection
    13 ACCESSORY_ID / USB_ID I
    14 ACCESSORY_INT I
    15 Gnd P
    16 Gnd P
    17 MHL_DP I/O
    18 MHL_DM I/O
    19 MHL_ID I
    20 IF_RXD I
    21 IF_TXD O
    22 no connection?
    23 AP_TV_OUT O
    24 REMOTE_SENSE I
    25 no connection
    26 no connection
    27 EAR_L_CRADLE O
    28 EAR_R_CRADLE O
    29 3.5_INT_TEST I
    30 Gnd P
    The problem probably lies on the MHL_ID. I have tried connecting the MHL_ID to ground but it didn't work. I wonder if anyone can give me some hints? Should I add some resistors? Where can I find more information?

I have seen a block diagram in page 11 of this datasheet You can see there that the MicroUSB pin 4 is connected to the MHL Proccessor, so may be that you have to connect MHL_ID to pin 4 in the MicroUSB connector.