Bin4ry's X10 donation thread

Search This thread

chiefy009

Oct 29, 2010
I have started this thread because I believe it would be a crying shame to lose the skill of Bin4ry from the freex10 team.

I am positive if everyone was to donate a small amount, 5 or 10 of your currency, we would collectively be able to in effect purchase the x10 and let Bin4ry keep it.

All donations are to be made to Bin4ry this thread is here only to see how much we can raise to let Bin4ry keep his x10 and continue in the development of the phone.

This is purely down to choice if YOU want to no one is forcing you, if enough can not be raised I will see what I can do but please help if you can no matter how small and post here you intention.

Please help, we need Bin4ry and his skills TARGET 200

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THIS IS NOT A GUARANTEE NOR DOES IT FORM ANY PART OF A GUARANTEE, this pledge is merely if you want to, and that you understand it we only give Bin4ry the option to continue developing on the x10 when he wishes. Instead of losing him all together he will continue to develop when his time allows. This is nothing more than a gesture from us none devs and a way of us helping a dev for a change. BUT PLEASE DO NOT THINK THIS WILL GUARANTEE ANYTHING BECAUSE IT DOESN'T other than Bin4ry will still be able to develop for us when he wishes.

Thanks

Last edited:

chiefy009

Oct 29, 2010
Had a message from Bin4ry he will stay if we raise enough. I will donate 20sterling once we reach the total donations I will notify Bin4ry and we can make donations

200 needed I will donate 20

Only 180 needed easy if people can manage 5-10 each

Come on lets not lose a Dev like bin4ry

Last edited:

chiefy009

Oct 29, 2010
This thread had been cancelled until I had a message form Bin4ry please pledge what you can if you want to keep Bin4ry trying to crack the x10 along with Jerpela, Z and the others

once all pledges have been made I will either make up the difference or we can just click donate on Bin4ry

Bin4ry

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
OMG, you guys are really crazy aren't you? ;)
As i said this is a nice idea, but i'm still not sure if i should feel comfortable with getting money from you just for staying with my X10.

Offcourse:
As i said, if you can manage to clear my account balance i will stay, as promised.
But are you REALLY sure that this is needed? And are you REALLY sure that you know that i cannot make any promises (except i will not stop working on X10!)
There will never be any promise that the X10 will get cracked fully and that the bypass will function fully!

I just want to clear this before accepting money from you guys :)

Best Regards
Bin4ry

Reactions: badhobz

chiefy009

Oct 29, 2010
OMG, you guys are really crazy aren't you? ;)
As i said this is a nice idea, but i'm still not sure if i should feel comfortable with getting money from you just for staying with my X10.

Offcourse:
As i said, if you can manage to clear my account balance i will stay, as promised.
But are you REALLY sure that this is needed? And are you REALLY sure that you know that i cannot make any promises (except i will not stop working on X10!)
There will never be any promise that the X10 will get cracked fully and that the bypass will function fully!

I just want to clear this before accepting money from you guys :)

Best Regards
Bin4ry

Bin4ry we are aware but we stand more chance of it being cracked with you sticking around, we would do the same to keep J, Z maxfron and all the others, the x10 doesnt have that many devs and to lose one of your skill would be damaging to its chances, if enough of us are willing and get close within the next 2 weeks what ever is left i will try to make up end of the month.

I said that figure was 200 is this correct ??

If i could code i would and i probably wouldnt do this, but i cant so this is my way of helping and everyone else's

Reactions: BrunoPGomes

Bin4ry

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
Bin4ry we are aware but we stand more chance of it being cracked with you sticking around, we would do the same to keep J, Z maxfron and all the others, the x10 doesnt have that many devs and to lose one of your skill would be damaging to its chances, if enough of us are willing and get close within the next 2 weeks what ever is left i will try to make up end of the month.

I said that figure was 200 is this correct ??

If i could code i would and i probably wouldnt do this, but i cant so this is my way of helping and everyone else's

Ok,
but still i don't know if i should feel comfortable with that.
See others like J,Z etc. (you named them), are working hard on this too. And they won't get anything. So i think it simply is not really fair!

See:
I decided to leave, to find a new phone and play with new things.
Others like J&Z are still developing hard for you and others.

Now i will get an amount of money, because i decided to go and offcourse i can not afford a new phone without selling the old one, and they won't get because they still stay here.

See my problem? Yes i understand well the goal is just to help me stay here AND have a new phone. And i really think that this idea is really good and nice!
AND i appreciate that many people here would donate their hard worked money to me!

But the above problem will stay, others will feel skipped or atleast feel a little sad. It seems like they will be "punished" because they stay here.

THATS my problem with the donation thing to be honest :)

And be sure, with j&z you have 2 real good developers here, you don't need much you just need GOOD ones :)

Best Regards
Andreas

Last edited:

chiefy009

Oct 29, 2010
Ok,
but still i don't know if i should feel comfortable with that.
See others like J,Z etc. (you named them), are working hard on this too. And they won't get anything. So i think it simply is not really fair!

See:
I decided to leave, to find a new phone and play with new things.
Others like J&Z are still developing hard for you and others.

Now i will get an amount of money, because i decided to go and offcourse i can not afford a new phone without selling the old one, and they won't get because they still stay here.

See my problem? Yes i understand well the goal is just to help me stay here AND have a new phone. And i really think that this idea is really good and nice!
AND i appreciate that many people here would donate their hard worked money to me!

But the above problem will stay, others will feel skipped or atleast feel a little sad. It seems like they will be "punished" to stay here.

THATS my problem with the donation thing to be honest :)

And be sure, with j&z you have 2 real good developers here, you don't need much you just need GOOD ones :)

Best Regards
Andreas

yes but they get donations from many of us and buy new hardware and software with it, over a period of time the donations will all even out, allow us to do our bit to help freex10, by helping devs like you stay with the project ;) and still get what you want a new phone

this is us mere mortals way of helping and doing our bit

Last edited:
Reactions: LJE

Dmaxon

Apr 11, 2010
Stockholm
vbergsten.se
lets be a bit realistic here, sure bin4ry leaving us is a big loss but there is a reason that hes getting a new phone.

he's simply tired of the x10 and want to explore something else I suppose, which means he wont have any motivation to spend any time on the x10 at all.

Nagarebozhi

Dec 11, 2010
lets be a bit realistic here, sure bin4ry leaving us is a big loss but there is a reason that hes getting a new phone.

he's simply tired of the x10 and want to explore something else I suppose, which means he wont have any motivation to spend any time on the x10 at all.

and you are Bin4ry? Don't speak for him! And maby start read before post, Bin4ry is saying that he like to keep working if we can help him, but he feel bad against the other devs like J & Z etc. But IMO J & Z got a lot of donation so I don't think you should feel bad for it Bin4ry..

Xperia​

Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted​

Last edited:

chiefy009

Oct 29, 2010

Sssssshhhhh not donating why post?

Sent from my X10i using XDA Premium App

Dmaxon

Apr 11, 2010
Stockholm
vbergsten.se
guys calm down, ofcourse its your choise to donate or not.
according to me its just a waste of cash and to be honest, I kinda feel sorry for bin4ry to have all this pressure of you guys donating for him just to stay.

chiefy009

Oct 29, 2010
guys calm down, ofcourse its your choise to donate or not.
according to me its just a waste of cash and to be honest, I kinda feel sorry for bin4ry to have all this pressure of you guys donating for him just to stay.

Its not pressure. We donate to j and z do they feel pressure? NO

Why post to cause problems? You don't agree that's up to you but why post about it no one cares.

Once we get enough pledges then we will offer it to bin4ry because we are happy to do it no other reason. If you aren't move along simple really

LET ME STRESS PEOPLE ARE DOING THIS BECAUSE THEY WANT TO

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thats what i thought haha

Hell no, thats not the reason. :)
    The reason is much simpler -> I paid 500€ for this phone,because i bought it without contrat at release!
    I would be very sad if i have to throw it in the trash!

But good news: I was at the ServiceCenter! I said it happend while updating with SEUS ;)
    He tried to recover it with EMMA (or was it SEUSPro, no real idea :p) but no luck!
    He saw that my phone has not even 1 scratch or smth. and because of the good condition he gave me a new phone =)
    So: Lucky me, i have a new one :) because repair was not possible and he said it could not be any hardwaredamage caused by me :p

Also i decided to wait for HTC Pyramid release, i tryed the Incredible S and the HTC Desire HD again, and was not soooo happy with them. I think the Pyramid will be the best choice, so i will wait the month till it's release :)

-> Going to setup a "FreeXperia" Gingerbread Kernel now with my new phone :)

Regards
    Bin4ry
    I have started this thread because I believe it would be a crying shame to lose the skill of Bin4ry from the freex10 team.

I am positive if everyone was to donate a small amount, 5 or 10 of your currency, we would collectively be able to in effect purchase the x10 and let Bin4ry keep it.

All donations are to be made to Bin4ry this thread is here only to see how much we can raise to let Bin4ry keep his x10 and continue in the development of the phone.

This is purely down to choice if YOU want to no one is forcing you, if enough can not be raised I will see what I can do but please help if you can no matter how small and post here you intention.

Please help, we need Bin4ry and his skills TARGET 200

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THIS IS NOT A GUARANTEE NOR DOES IT FORM ANY PART OF A GUARANTEE, this pledge is merely if you want to, and that you understand it we only give Bin4ry the option to continue developing on the x10 when he wishes. Instead of losing him all together he will continue to develop when his time allows. This is nothing more than a gesture from us none devs and a way of us helping a dev for a change. BUT PLEASE DO NOT THINK THIS WILL GUARANTEE ANYTHING BECAUSE IT DOESN'T other than Bin4ry will still be able to develop for us when he wishes.

Thanks
    I'll give in £10 (British) if he would stay :)
    Ill throw in 20 dollars canadian

Sent from my X10i using XDA App
    I give £20 (British)

Sent from my X10i using XDA App